Booger was a star

Dan Darragh

I always enjoy Booger's commentary because he's incisive and usually funny (especially when talking about Kelvin Benjamin).

But last night, he was moving.  His comments from the studio were emotional, heartfelt and understated.  I think he wanted to cry and so did I.  What a mensch.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ryan Clark was especially good IMO- being put on the spot and speaking from experience and from the heart and staying in lanes to not speculate or say anything out of bounds.  Thought SVP did a very good job as well

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 10
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I honestly didn't like him when he worked MNF on that moving thing , idk what to call it but he's solid in studio and he was visibly shaken and I think crying. Great commentary from him and Clark. Great guy for real

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Lisa Salters even looked like she was having a hard time keeping it together out there at points. It was a tough night all the way around and ESPN handled it with about as much class as you possibly could. Glad they got away from Suzy Kolber in that moment as well because she was being a bit annoying imo. 

Now, idiots like Skip Bayless on the other hand need to lose their jobs. This guy has absolutely ZERO business being on any network at this point. Players crying, a young man whose heart stopped on the field, paramedics scrambling in the moment to save his life, and he's out here saying the game must go on. :censored: that guy. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

It was an impossible night. There is no preparing for this type of thing, and in it their character shone through. I think Booger McFarland, Ryan Clark, and Lisa Salter were rock stars in their handling of this situation.

#PrayingForDamar

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

ESPN really did a pretty good job considering everything. That was the game of the year for MNF/ESPN and it was already looking like it would be one for the ages and it just stopped after a seemingly routine play. To go from talking football and playoff scenarios to discussing CPR being done on the field to a healthy 24 year old is not easy. I thought all involved did very well  

• Like (+1) 2

Dominique Foxworth is going off on ESPN Get UP this morning.   Basically he says there is no cap on the amount of risk these players are taking..  and there's some fake outrage last night at the NFL because people act like they care but they really don't.  They just want the game.  And some fans call the players greedy during CBA negotiations, etc.. when they are taking all the risks and no one else takes any physical risk.  So being a former Union rep he's frustrated..

21 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

They all did the best they could under enormously difficult circumstances.  Let’s cut them some slack here and keep focused on Damar.

This.  Is it really necessary to grade the broadcasters over how they handled an impossible situation. 

3 hours ago, Process said:

Everyone at ESPN did a nice job during a very difficult time

Schefter said a couple of times that he's never seen an ambulance on the field, then later he seemed to backtrack.  I know it doesn't happen often, but we've seen ambulances on the field before (think Kevin Everett for one).  Booger certainly carried the broadcast.

6 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Schefter said a couple of times that he's never seen an ambulance on the field, then later he seemed to backtrack.  I know it doesn't happen often, but we've seen ambulances on the field before (think Kevin Everett for one).  Booger certainly carried the broadcast.

Sadly it's not that uncommon for an ambulance to be on the field. We saw one earlier this year for Dane Jackson in the Titans game when his neck bent backwards after a tackle (I'm still amazed he only missed one game). Tua in Cincinnati with that fencing response after being concussed. That's just off the top of my head for games I watched this season. 

I'm guessing Schefter meant that it's the first time he's ever seen an ambulance on the field in a literal life or death situation. I'd agree with him on that 

37 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

I am not sure it was Schefter but I remember hearing someone say that and thinking the same but the qualifier was "and given CPR". Maybe that was the piece that was never seen before.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.