Playoff Solutions Assuming they don’t replay the Bengals game.

Locomark

8 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Weren’t the Bengals 22-0 up against the Pats last week, yet were a Stevenson fumble away from losing the game Come the end of the fourth quarter? And look at Colts-Vikings. How anyone can say we were bound to lose down 7-3 in the first quarter beats me.

The Bears went up on us early too then the Defense clamped down.  Basing anything off what the score was with over 5 mins left in the first quarter is nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1

Here’s the reality: 

We’re either going to re-play the game soon and it will be insensitive and the players won’t be in the right headspace to play 

or

the nfl says no game and we seed with a different metric. Most likely we lose the 1 seed. 

You’re not getting both. 

everyone is arguing point a or b in different ways. It’s pretty straightforward. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Personally rather just forfeit if the choice is between pushing the game 2 weeks and forfeit 

So potentially the Bills and Bengals are the only teams not to get a bye week heading round 1? Seems like a disadvantage 

I would say, if the Bills can play any game in the future, why not this one later as well. Play in 2 weeks and the AFC seeds will be decided after.

• Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You say it's ridiculous to hand the Chiefs the #1 seed and yet you advocate for just that by suggesting they'll use win percentage to determine seeding.

It's subtly different in my mind to go off of win % then giving a win. If they go off wins and there is a fluke where KC loses then it's time breaker.  If it's % it's more settled. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It doesn't matter.

Agree. I feel like anything I’ve learned from McDermott and the squad is they always deal with adversity well.  As long as Hamlin comes out of this relatively ok the team will use this as a rallying cry like they always do.  You could see it in coaches eyes last night this hit him hard just like it did the players.  Not many professional sports clubs can truly say they are like a family but this teams its 100% legit.   Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Here’s the reality: 

We’re either going to re-play the game soon and it will be insensitive and the players won’t be in the right headspace to play 

or

the nfl says no game and we seed with a different metric. Most likely we lose the 1 seed. 

You’re not getting both. 

everyone is arguing point a or b in different ways. It’s pretty straightforward. 

I know we are all going through many emotions and differently.

But, I'd be VERY curious to see this game played soon with how the players behaved. Would Mixon tone it down? Would the big play plays be less hyped and celebrated? Would it be a more passive game?

I'd hedge a bet it started very passive and kind then aggressive. By the 4th Q I'd think they'd be back to normal.  

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

The Bears went up on us early too then the Defense clamped down.  Basing anything off what the score was with over 5 mins left in the first quarter is nonsense.

Its not just that they scored on their first two drives … it’s that it looked so easy.   Every play the Bears ran looked to be the perfect play against our defense.  

Then they clamped down.  

Same thing early on against Cinci. 

It’s annoying, but it’s been our defenses M.0. all year. 

I doubt we clamp down Cinci like we did Chicago, but I also think they could adjust enough with our Offense looking ready for a track meet. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stretch said:

You can’t move those games to next Thursday without impacting the playoff schedule (which could be done).  Either the Pats or bengals/Ravens loser playing on 2 days rest in the wild card?  If you are going to move the playoffs, you might as well make up the Bills/Bengals game in week 19 and get rid of the unnecessary 2 week break between conference championships and the Super Bowl.

I've always thought that 2-week break was dumb and I believe it cost the Bills a win in their first SB appearance. 

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Here’s the reality: 

or

You’re not getting both. 

Cancel game, Bills and Bengals records remain the same....

*If KC is 13-4, CIN is 12-4, BUF is 12-4:      CIN 1, BUF 2, KC 3
*If KC is 14-3, BUF is 13-3:             BUF 1, KC 2, CIN 3

Why? Both BUF and CIN defeated KC

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Its not just that they scored on their first two drives … it’s that it looked so easy.   Every play the Bears ran looked to be the perfect play against our defense.  

Then they clamped down.  

Same thing early on against Cinci. 

It’s annoying, but it’s been our defenses M.0. all year. 

I doubt we clamp down Cinci like we did Chicago, but I also think they could adjust enough with our Offense looking ready for a track meet. 

Look at the Ravens game as another example. Didn't the Bills fall behind 20-0 or 20-3 and ended up winning 23-20. I believe the defense pitched a SO in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

That's not fair when not all teams have played an equal number of games and when it's totally obvious that KC, of all teams, is the one and only beneficiary.

Well that's sort of the point. You go by winning % precisely because not all teams have played an equal number of games.

As for KC, it is what it is. You do understand that vis maior prevented a game to end so there is no ideal solution to this?

I really don't get why people are trying so hard to find some magical solution. Just cancel the game, and go by winning %.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Personally rather just forfeit if the choice is between pushing the game 2 weeks and forfeit 

So potentially the Bills and Bengals are the only teams not to get a bye week heading round 1? Seems like a disadvantage 

They are pretty much getting a bye week right now, there is value in that I suppose from a team health perspective... trying to fit 3 games in two weeks reminds me of Covid times, and that did not seem right at all... the league probably learned from that ?  I'd be surprised if they try to continue this game

Edited by ProcessTruster
  • Like (+1) 1

I’d take the loss

move on to the patriots game, rest your starters, as many as you possibly can. 

Gives the team the best possible chance to be in the right head space at playoff time. Get some rest and hopefully get healthy. 

Who and where we play seems irrelevant at this point. 

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That's NOT what I said.  

Ok, I meant to write "fairness, but the "f";s got me.Early in the morning for me. I apologize for that.

My point still stands though. The trivial needs of the millions in this situation do not compare to Hamlin, when his life and health are at stake.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.