Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was commotio cordis until proven otherwise.  There was a hit to the chest and then a cardiac arrest.  The only thing we don't know is whether there was a reason that it happened after a hit that didn't seem so bad.

I see. We’re defaulting to something that’s unproven? Doesn’t sound very wise. This man needs to know what happened and why before he can step

back on to a field. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

Great listen worthy of your time. Poyer says the Bills Knew they were going to beat the pats" as well as insider behind the scenes info on the week before the pats game

3:45 in.  "We did, think we were going back in the game, We did, get a 5 minute warning...there was a 5 minute warning saying we were going to get ready to play"

Zac and McDermott talked and then they went back in the locker room

In case anyone is interested in the story line that the ESPN announcers were somehow mistaken.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I see. We’re defaulting to something that’s unproven? Doesn’t sound very wise. This man needs to know what happened and why before he can step

back on to a field. 

It's no more unproven than any other case of commotio cordis.  But I'm sure more studies are to come (namely electrophysiology) before they even entertain the idea of him stepping back on a field.

Just now, BillnutinHouston said:

Can any of you confirm that Hines' 2nd kick return vs. the Pats was scored at 3:03 PM?  

Had Fox's pregame show on in the background as I was working around the house, and thought I heard them say that.  Then I found Damar's tweet which was posted at 3:04 pm.

I think I had seen Tweets from other folks that reacted to the kick return at 3:02 PM, it was close though.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's no more unproven than any other case of commotio cordis.  But I'm sure more studies are to come (namely electrophysiology) before they even entertain the idea of him stepping back on a field.

You’re probably right. I don’t think it actually can be diagnosed it’s more a question of there’s no other logical explanation so it must be CC. Process of  elimination 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Looks like the team had a visitor today 

I was fascinated by that detail myself, along with the "Jordan Poyer Epson Salt Contrast Special" above it.

Anyone?  WTF are "Blue Crystals" and why are we mixing epsom salts, hydrogen peroxide, and alcohol with them?

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I was fascinated by that detail myself, along with the "Jordan Poyer Epson Salt Contrast Special" above it.

Anyone?  WTF are "Blue Crystals" and why are we mixing epsom salts, hydrogen peroxide, and alcohol with them?

Dehydrated Gatorade.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

still on O2.  not surprising

Yeah, sounds like the amount of time that his lungs were out of commission caused some damage - hopefully, just short term, and he'll make a full recovery.  Still great news that he's up and about and around his teammates again.  All in all, pretty much a best case scenario given where he was on that field a few weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 1

Rob Gronkowski donated $6,900  LOL he is a clown.

On 1/14/2023 at 1:13 PM, AlfaBill said:

back on to a field. 

Not everything is knowable.  Go watch the press conference with the DR's they explained commotio cordis is diagnosed by ruling everything else out. Not sure we know everything has been ruled out but people seem to be assuming that.  There is always a chance there is something new/unique.  In any event, he has DR's to guide him making the right choices in the future, not this forum, haha.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.