Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

2 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

I want him to lead the charge next week against the Bengals. 

Beating the Bengals is likely necessary.  It might be the hardest game in history to get pumped up AGAINST the opponent though. I would not put Damar in that spot. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Beating the Bengals is likely necessary.  It might be the hardest game in history to get pumped up AGAINST the opponent though. I would not put Damar in that spot. 

I was thinking that the team should build Damar into the pregame. We honored the EMT’s, but maybe have them with the doctors lead the charge against the Dolphins.

Then have a video from Damar to start the divisional. 

With any luck he can lead the charge for an AFCCG and stand on the sidelines. 

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Who is this Coy Wire dude and why do we think he has inside skinny?

Unless they started a bunch of tests at UC I’d be pretty surprised if they’ve finished everything they want to do in 1 day, especially with a guy who is reported to still be “very very tired” and they don’t want to over-tax

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

One thing that’s stuck with me through all this recently is just his recovery time. I can’t find the exact sound bite but I’m pretty sure it was during the doctors press conference when Damar was traveling home where they said this type of progress is normally measured in weeks and months, not days. It’s pretty remarkable that Damar is almost home just over a week after he flat lined on the field.

It doesn’t matter the details of what you believe in, there’s someone or something out there watching over us. Positive energy/thoughts/prayers combined with perfect medical execution allowed Damar to be with us today.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

If this is true, I'm shocked we haven't seen this happen in the NFL on other occasions. Unless there is some sort of perfect storm that has to occur for it to happen. 

Basically, perfect storm or like getting hit by lightening if above is true. 

Commotio Cordis is what is sounds like from above statement if no underlying issue is truly present.  There are something like 30 cases recorded per year. 

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/24572-commotio-cordis

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Basically, perfect storm or like getting hit by lightening if above is true. 

Commotio Cordis is what is sounds like from above statement if no underlying issue is truly present. 

So sounds like physically, Damar could probably play again. Mentally, probably not even if they were able to bulk up his chest padding so there was no chance of recurrence.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.