Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

4 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Just to reiterate- he has been released from UC and able to travel to Buffalo where he’ll remain in hospital for further evaluation and therapy.  Just so the ‘released from hospital’ news doesn’t get misconstrued as “he’s going to his home to sleep in his own bed and shovel his own driveway”. 
sounds like the care team is being cautious, taking it slow, and making certain he’s alright to be on his own before being finished with hospitalization.  The good news is it’s probably fair to say he’s out of the woods and we should expect a complete recovery.What a week this has been for the team and themafia. 

Lets get this man a snow blower at least.

• Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, stowellez said:

Did ESPN just report Damar was discharged? 

Not exactly, has been transferred to hospital in Buffalo, NY

Still very very good news - no longer in critical condition, obviously

I must not understand the hospital landscape in Buffalo - he's at Buffalo General and not ECMC?  Why would that be?

22 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’m surprised they let him watch just knowing how stressful it is on my own cardiac system watching a Bills game.

I think the only way they could have kept him from watching, would have been to sedate him again

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I must not understand the hospital landscape in Buffalo - he's at Buffalo General and not ECMC?  Why would that be?

He's probably at Gates Vascular Institute, which is a part of Buffalo General. That's the leading center for heart issues locally. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

article

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/live-uc-doctors-give-update-on-damar-hamlin-s-condition/ar-AA168nN0

“We wanted him to reach the criteria that allowed us to upgrade his conditions from either critical to fair or good,” Pritts said. “And when he was able to meet that criteria this morning, we thought it was safe and proper to get him back to the Greater Buffalo area.”

That criteria included ensuring each organ system was stable, he didn’t require intensive nursing, he no longer needs intensive respiratory care and he could move to a setting with less intensive care.

3:12 p.m. Damar Hamlin was walking with a normal gait around the hospital unit, tolerating a regular diet and talking with family before being released Monday and flown back to Buffalo, physicians said Monday.

"He is admittedly a little weak," Dr. William Knight said noting that he will continue to try to regain his strength back. 

Not that it means it's the same cause, but worth noting that this is pretty much the timeline the Lewiston man who suffered Commotio Cordis at a college baseball practice followed after he was resuscitated following cardiac arrest: 3 days unconscious on a ventilator, 6 days in hospital.  (can't find the story right now but it was in TBN and I linked it somewhere upthread)

Damar can walk, he can talk, he can set off all the monitors in the ICU jumping up and down when Nyheim Hines scores a TD, he can do anything!

Edited by Beck Water

30 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What an amazing time to be alive. I don't know how long ago the various procedures, devices, protocols, and drugs used to save him were first developed, but I have to think that many of us were born at a time when there would have been little to no hope for his injury.  Him getting discharged after a week is such great news and a testament to the wonder of modern medicine and the skill of our medical professionals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

And this is what is wrong with the world, but I'm sure there have always been idiots like this. Scrolled down to the comments section about Damar being out of the hospital and back in Buffalo to see this:

image.thumb.png.6c03f7af25e53045d5af28e330b11df8.png

Like seriously, what type of human being gives a "thumbs down" to a statement like this after what we saw last week? Disgusting. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

And this is what is wrong with the world, but I'm sure there have always been idiots like this. Scrolled down to the comments section about Damar being out of the hospital and back in Buffalo to see this:

image.thumb.png.6c03f7af25e53045d5af28e330b11df8.png

Like seriously, what type of human being gives a "thumbs down" to a statement like this after what we saw last week? Disgusting. 

I am a busy man :nana:

• Haha (+1) 3

I truly believe in fate and this is our year boys and girls

Now that I'm positive Damar will be able to be around the team in a couple weeks max, through all this Franchise has been through - 4 straight SB Ls. The Drought. Hamlin hoisting that Lombardi will be an All time great sports moment in history. This is our destiny 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I can see it now.

Damar: "When can I leave here and go see my boys?"

Doctors making Sunday rounds: "Patience, Damar, you're still pretty weak.  Let us take care of you until you're a little stronger."

[Later that day: Damar jumps up and down and screams like a normal Bills fan watching the game, setting off every alarm in the ICU]

Doctors making Monday rounds: "OK, Damar, You Can Go Now"

https://www.koat.com/article/damar-hamlin-update-doctors/42435123

link to video conference

Edited by Beck Water

8 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I truly believe in fate and this is our year boys and girls

Now that I'm positive Damar will be able to be around the team in a couple weeks max, through all this Franchise has been through - 4 straight SB Ls. The Drought. Hamlin hoisting that Lombardi will be an All time great sports moment in history. This is our destiny 

I'm not usually a big believer in fate until yesterday. The way that game started with Hines erupting the crowd, it was like nothing I've ever witnessed in sports. The love for DHam is probably going to Vault this team to a championship and a very lucrative Spielberg movie.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.