Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

19 minutes ago, WideNine said:

This. Probably to be expected that his doctors would be exercising an abundance of caution. 

Damar is really not that far removed from the physical trauma his body went through. He is on the road to recovery and we can all be very happy and dare to be optimistic that he has more of a future in front of him.

Damar has gone on record with how much he loves the game and it was his dream to play in the NFL. I imagine that he would love to watch and cheer his team on this weekend. I could picture him asking, but seriously doubt the doctors are going to let him near anything to keep tabs on the game.

Watching this team is exciting, but it can be hard on the ticker.

But from what I understand, it’s not his heart that’s the issue even though it stopped. Apparently there isn’t the damage to the heart like suffered in a heart attack. 

56 minutes ago, Beast said:

But from what I understand, it’s not his heart that’s the issue even though it stopped. Apparently there isn’t the damage to the heart like suffered in a heart attack. 

That's good. 

I am still hoping for a relaxing blowout win with our backup QB playing out the 4th qtr.

One can hope.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Unless there are any issues that are long term, aka an underlying heart condition, or relearning a basic function. I see him playing next year.

Hoping they can figure out the cause. Imagine him getting back on the field!

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Unless there are any issues that are long term, aka an underlying heart condition, or relearning a basic function. I see him playing next year.

No. Too big of a risk. It’s just not worth another no contest. He’s done. 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

29 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

no chance.  Bills can’t put him or their organization in that situation  again

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Disagree 5

1 hour ago, Beast said:

There's not (as far as we know) major damage as after a heart attack.

But even with immediate, high quality CPR, there was a period of low oxygen supply, then a big Whallop of voltage, and probably a pretty high dose of a couple of drugs.  The body responds with a major inflammatory response. 

His heart is gonna need a little minute to "get right", even if it's fundamentally intact and undamaged.  Ditto for his other organ systems.

1 hour ago, Kiva said:

This ordeal will go down in Bills lore.  Right up there with 13 seconds, wide right, music city miracle.  You can’t write this stuff.  Just crazy how bad luck the team has. 

May be this will turn into a SB season.  This team has played against all odds  this whole season.  Go Bills !

needless to say I would LOVE an old fashioned *** kicking tomorrow against the pats* just because it IS the pats*

And I want a Dub for the fanbase, for the team and especially for #3

But no matter what happens I am so proud to be a member of this fanbase and as such connected to this team.

As far as playoff Seeding goes  is what it is. This team can play well at home OR away BRING IT ON.  Stay healthy and on to the playoffs

GO BILLS 💙❤️💙

Keep praying for Damar Hamlin #3

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kiva said:

We deserved the one seed. Why didn’t the NFL allow us to finish that game? Now regardless of what happens it will always be considered an * year because the owners changed the rules mid way through the season and muddied the integrity of the league even further. 

All because the league didn’t want to be further inconvenienced.

I mean we could all look at the worst possible scenario and expect that it's going to happen, or do the same with the best case and go with that 

I'm so sick of anyone who expects the worst considering themselves to be fans.  It's a joke at this point that the Bills are considered the class of the afc and Superbowl favorites, yet some of these so called fans are incessantly looking for reasons why the team sucks or are going to lose.

If you aren't on these forums expecting a Bills Superbowl this year then GTFO. 

Damar Hamlin woke up and immediately asked if the Bills won. What does that say about the team and the accountability they hold for themselves? Do they think this is going to slow them down? I highly doubt it. They're going to add this fuel to the fire and with Hamlin's blessings show the league the Bills are not ones to be trifled with. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

no chance.  Bills can’t put him or their organization in that situation  again

What situation? I thought one doctor stated that best case scenario he could come back - which admittedly surprised me. But by some accounts this may have been as a freak occurrence and not the result of some pre-existing condition. So I'm curious what you mean by 'that situation'.

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

What situation? I thought one doctor stated that best case scenario he could come back - which admittedly surprised me. But by some accounts this may have been as a freak occurrence and not the result of some pre-existing condition. So I'm curious what you mean by 'that situation'.

the situation where an on field   hit put him in vfib requiring defibrillation/intubation/hospitalization.

I haven’t read where any of his doctors have said he may play again.

even if they did, why would the Bills, as a business, take that risk?

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

From Dion Dawkins:

https://justdishin.com/products/h3roes-shirt

Fl5HsJoXgAMnW9N?format=jpg&name=large

a little appreciation to the crew that helped our brother. Proceeds will go to #demarhamlin

OUTSTANDING Shirt 🙂 Love it.💙

4 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Is there an ignore button? I’m getting annoyed a person in this thread. 

YES . Hover your curser under the posters' name and you will see an Ignore button

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.