Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

This is patently false .  if a patient’s advance directives are for a full code ,  the medical staff will do everything to try to bring them back during an arrest ,  including breaking ribs .  

As my dad always said. CPR causes damage. damage can be repaired AFTER the life is saved. 

40 year Paramedic and ADAMANT that his kids learned and stayed current in CPR. To this day I still am. As well as My kids. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Silvercrw said:

Your welcome. I think all of us are feeling this exact same way at this exact moment. Football doesn't even matter anymore when you see something like this happen in front of your eyes. It was a like watching a horror film unfolding in front of our own eyes🙏

SUBSCRIBED  hermano. Im happy to have made your acquaintance here GO BILLS

2 hours ago, Bengalholic said:

Just wanted to stop in and share my best wishes - on behalf of myself and The Bengals Board - for Damar and his family. My heart goes out to them...as well as his coaches, teammates and Bills fans everywhere. It was an absolutely heartbreaking thing to witness, and I hope there is some positive news coming at some point soon.

Thanks, friend. Situations like this can really put a lot into perspective, while truly bringing out the best in many people. I commend and thank the Bengals organization, players, fans, and of course medical staff. A man’s life was saved on that field. 

I have felt connected with the Bengals since Andy Dalton broke the curse for Buffalo… and always find myself rooting for Cincy (when it’s not against the Bills). Last night showed a level of class that you only wish could be the standard. 

As mentioned a million times, it’s way bigger than football.. and I hope when Damar regains his health, he’ll realize how for a few days at least, he eliminated rivalries, ill will and pettiness… and united a world under one word.. love. 

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

To be honest. I don’t think there is a better duo I would want leading this team right now For Beane and McDermott 

1000% and also, these leaders are human and also need mental health resources. Mcdermotts face will haunt me from last night and Beane has to have had one of the most stressful seasons of any GM going back to Kim’s medical incident, araiza, Knox’s brother dying, Dane Jackson, Hyde and von season enders, Josh elbow management, ALL the weather ***** and now this 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Read his dad said he is in proning position (on chest) to help the ventilator work and gravity assists. If he is on ventilator is under anesthesia. Can't be awake on them. 

This is what they did to COVID patients to help take pressure off the lungs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

1000% and also, these leaders are human and also need mental health resources. Mcdermotts face will haunt me from last night and Beane has to have had one of the most stressful seasons of any GM going back to Kim’s medical incident, araiza, Hyde and von season enders, ALL the weather ***** and now this 

YEP.

*Praying* Bless and heal Lord God. Give comfort and strength to all in need

.In Jesus name I pray AMEN

6 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Thanks, friend. Situations like this can really put a lot into perspective, while truly bringing out the best in many people. I commend and thank the Bengals organization, players, fans, and of course medical staff. A man’s life was saved on that field. 

I have felt connected with the Bengals since Andy Dalton broke the curse for Buffalo… and always find myself rooting for Cincy (when it’s not against the Bills). Last night showed a level of class that you only wish could be the standard. 

As mentioned a million times, it’s way bigger than football.. and I hope when Damar regains his health, he’ll realize how for a few days at least, he eliminated rivalries, ill will and pettiness… and united a world under one word.. love. 

And since he likely will not be stepping back onto a football field again, he now may have found his new purpose in life with his charity that is over $5 million now and can do tons of good things for a lot of kids for very long time with that money. 

Crazy how when one door closes another opens many times.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Seeing the trauma and emotion of the whole team, it was like a direct transmission of what they were feeling. In a way that's much stronger than can perhaps be had from reading about tragic events. 

This is what happened for me. During games, As Josh goes, I go. If he’s calm, I’m calm. If he’s frantic and upset , Im frantic and upset. As soon as I saw him so scared and covering his face as he teared up, I got really shaken up and knew something was very wrong. 

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Truly an incredible job from the first responders on the field. I hope they get the recognition they deserve, assuming they are comfortable with it, as well as all of the support they may need for processing such an event.

It really cannot be stressed enough how their response and coordination are the only reason Hamlin is alive and has any kind of fighting chance. Remarkable stuff.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is what happened for me. During games, As Josh goes, I go. If he’s calm, I’m calm. If he’s frantic and upset , Im frantic and upset. As soon as I saw him so scared and covering his face as he teared up, I got really shaken up and knew something was very wrong. 

I had seasons when Everett happened, I think about it every time I go back to the stadium, this brought me right back to what it was like being there. There was one clip of Sean last night it looked like he was saying "oh my god oh my god oh my god" like 50 times in a 5 second close up...Seeing Sean freak out really got me and TRe - I hope they are all taking care of themselves the best they can...

This is just awful

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

So this is something that needs to be talked about more. Or at least framed properly. 

Hamlin didn’t almost die. He died on national television, and all his friends, family, and teammates watched. 

It’s a little bit of a pain point for me when I hear the “what ifs” in terms of scheduling. “Well we have to see how he does”. Why? All of his best friends watched him die, and saw him laying dead for 9 minutes. 

He may well recover, but none of that changes the above. 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.