Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

As I Bills diehard, I'm devastating by what has happened to this fine young man, a brother to the Bills team & community. I find myself wondering why do all these bad things happen to this team and the community, when they only deserve the better.

But I'm also thankful for the response from the NFL community and all the fans around the world. The prayers, well wishes, support and generosity has been overwhelming. The messages, prayers and well wishes on his gofundme page are so uplifting and good to see. It brings tears to my eyes and makes me smile all at the same time. We've been there for others in their time of need in the past and it's being returned to the Damar, the Bills and it's fans all at once.

Much like when Josh's grandma passed, the outpouring of support and donations guaranteed something good would come from such a tragic event. That is the case with Damar. We all are praying everything works out for him and he's able to live a long, happy life. But no matter what something good, even great is going to come from this unimaginable event.

Mr Hamlin's charity just hit $5 million dollars. If done right, that will do a lot of good, for underprivileged children for a long, long time. It will be his legacy no matter the outcome.

May God watch over Damar Hamlin & his healing powers surround him as he navigates through this tragedy. May he awaken and return to his former self. May his family find peace and comfort during this difficult time. Amen

Every time I think I couldn't love this team anymore, they prove me wrong. Every time I think this fanbase couldn't represent this city and this team any better, you all prove me wrong. I love this team so much, II love being able to come to this forum and just talk Bills related stuff. I love all you for being who you are. Even the annoying ones.😂

God Bless.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

and yet the NFL claims they have no idea where that information came from.

The circumstantial evidence would seem to point towards Al Riveron making that statement.  He is the liaison between Parry and the league and would be the league mouthpiece delivering information to ESPN.

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Was the lung damage from not breathing, or from the tackle? 

No just cardiopulmonary. Reaction / inflammatory to a cardiac arrest. Unfortunately ARDS is associated with higher mortality , increased hospital stat , longer time ventilated , worse neurological outcome. 

still have hope Though 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Bengalholic said:

Our fan bases may have the best relationship in all of sports. It's very unfortunate that we have to share this current experience, but one thing's for sure...BillsMafia has the complete support of WhoDeyNation during this time, with what you guys are dealing with.

Just hoping that any upcoming news on Damar is positive and provides hope for a full recovery.

I appreciate you reaching out to 2bd to share your thoughts. You found the best bills chat board bar none. High acumen posters. BIG readership

Thank you.  It means a lot. Prayers for #3

GO BILLS

m

Edited by muppy

I have been a board member since 1996-97 and injury to Hamlin as truly shook me. I am also am a Youtuber/filmmaker with multiple channels and I could not, not make this video. I also spoke about this board and inserted a message from one of you. Hope you guys like it.https://youtu.be/TdNUwWx7ums

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Silvercrw
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.