Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

3 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Too soon for anyone to give "opinions" on what they saw.

Someone always has to try to be the first person to be right to get done cred.

Well sure looks like those doctors opinions are looking more and more likely given it was announced he did suffer cardiac arrest after sustaining the hit.  

So again, hating on the many doctors who came out and explained what this was and why it’s was a very plausible explanation of what happened seems not only off base, but unnecessary.  

Man I can’t sleep …. Ryan Clark and so many Others have put it perfectly 

Words can’t describe what has happened…. But every football player knew this day might happen one day… It is a super violent sport

A sport that every player on that field loves and dreamed of playing growing up…. How many players… Said they would give ANYTHING  to play in the NFL

Well anything includes your life

And Damar is fighting for his…. He gave everything on the field for his teammates

EVERYTHING

And I can’t imagine what the players and staff of the Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals are going through… As just a buffalonian on the side

Demar Hamlin , you are bigger than the game of football, we love you and get well brother 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Man I can’t sleep …. Ryan Clark and so many Others have put it perfectly 

Words can’t describe what has happened…. But every football player knew this day might happen one day… It is a super violent sport

A sport that every player on that field loves and dreamed of playing growing up…. How many players… Said they would give ANYTHING  to play in the NFL

Well anything includes your life

And Demar is fighting for his…. He gave everything on the field for his teammates

EVERYTHING

And I can’t imagine what the players and staff of the Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals are going through… As just a buffalonian on the side

Demar Hamlin , you are bigger than the game of football, we love you and get well brother 

I’ll be up all night. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Why does this matter to you?  Who cares "who was lying"?

For me it’s not at all about who’s lying.  But I think zac Taylor may have done a really special thing here and it gets undercut by the nfl saying they just instructed both teams to leave the field and there were never any plans to restart the game.  His team had a near perfect start and it looked like they were trying to restart a game his team would more than likely win and without hesitation he went over to McDermott and they decided they weren’t finishing the game.   If that’s the case I feel like people deserve to know.  And if the league handled it well that would be a good thing for people to know also.  

maybe it’s stupid and I’m just looking for a silver lining in a terrible situation..idk.  Thanks for the civil answer though

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Him getting up is a good sign hes not paralyzed, but is puzzling why he collapsed?

Blunt force trauma to your chest can stop your heart…Hamlin suffered cardiac arrest and they had to restart his heart 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

For me it’s not at all about who’s lying.  But I think zac Taylor may have done a really special thing here and it gets undercut by the nfl saying they just instructed both teams to leave the field.  His team had a near perfect start and it looked like they were trying to restart a game his team would more than likely win and without hesitation he went over to McDermott and they decided they weren’t finishing the game.   If that’s the case I feel like people deserve to know.  And if the league handled it well that would be a good thing for people to know also.  

maybe it’s stupid and I’m just looking for a silver lining in a terrible situation..idk.  Thanks for the civil answer though

Blunt force trauma to your chest can stop your heart…Hamlin suffered cardiac arrest and they had to restart his heart 

Right but why did he have a heartbeat but not breathing at the hospital ??

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Him getting up is a good sign hes not paralyzed, but is puzzling why he collapsed?

It’s cardiac arrest

It’s like a baseball player getting hit in the chest with a line drive

But he gets up for a second… Then when all the blood pressure drops after his heart stops he collapses

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s like when somebody gets smoked by a car… And their body is basically dead

But their brain isn’t And they’re running on adrenaline… So they pop up

Then their brain realize they’re dead and they collapse 

Right but still not paralyzed,, to which he wouldn't have moved at all

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Right but still not paralyzed,, to which he wouldn't have moved at all

my other post

It’s like a short stop getting hit in the chest with a line drive and getting cardiac arrest

He collapses after the blood pressure probably drops

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s like when somebody gets smoked by a car… And their body is basically dead

But their brain isn’t And they’re running on adrenaline… So they pop up

Then their brain realize they’re dead and they collapse 

Idk exactly what happened but I think an AED/defibrillator is supposed to stop your heart so that it can restart naturally on its own in the appropriate rhythm.  So it’s possible that the shot to the chest knocked his heartbeat way out of rhythm to the point where he was losing motor function and the only way to save him was to restart his heart. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk exactly what happened but I think an AED/defibrillator is supposed to stop your heart so that it can restart naturally on its own in the appropriate rhythm.  So it’s possible that the shot to the chest knocked his heartbeat way out of rhythm to the point where he was losing motor function and the only way to save him was to restart his heart. 

I’m definitely not a doctor but that sounds plausible

I know the car Crash comparison was extreme

But it’s more akin to a short stop getting hit in the chest with a line drive and getting cardiac arrest

And what you said sounds very plausible 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Right but why did he have a heartbeat but not breathing at the hospital ??

Your heart can’t pump the oxygenated blood around your body well enough when your heart function is very compromised. So the lungs stop working as well and stuff starts to get backed up.

he had a pulse but it was very weak so his heart likely wasn’t strong enough for him to breathe on his own. They put him on a ventilator to essentially breathe for him and it sounds like his heart function has returned to normal but as a precaution they’ll likely leave him on the ventilator for awhile and monitor things  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I’ll be up all night. 

Watching our Buffalo Bill football team of big, strong men. Some of the toughest and best athletes in the world. Break down and cry on National television. Knowing why, and what they were witnessing at the time. Is something that will haunt me until the day I die.

Yup, I'll be up all night...

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I was talking about being paralyzed, get lost

Well he is clearly not paralyzed .. it looks like it wasn’t a neck injury or spinal injury

He collapsed because his heart stopped

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

I’ll be up all night. 

I feel for you.  He is in a teaching hospital so he is surrounded by icu/critical care nurses and most likely resident drs in addition to the lead or attending dr. If one ever suffers a cardiac arrest as he did, time is critical and other than arresting in a hospital, there is no place where action would have happened that quickly.  Last tweet suggested his vitals are “stable “ and he is intubated on a ventilator and was sedated ( this is common using certain med so if he does wake up he doesn’t “fight” the tube in his trachea.  ).  Time will tell , but I am certain he is having neuro testing such as a baseline eeg to test for brain activity , ct probably and echocardiogram to evaluate his heart and aorta, and with time the meds sedating any function will be weaned to see how he reacts ( can he breath on his own or react to stimuli} to determine his prognosis.  It’s a waiting issue now , he got great , the absolute best care. Cpr is done to preserve brain and heart tissue /function and we can only pray it was adequate to preserve as much function as possible.  

Great hospital, I almost did my residency there in family practice as I am from Ohio , but ended up training in Toledo Ohio. Teaching hospitals are.on the cutting edge of medicine , so now we can just add prayer nd hope.  Might know more over next 24-48 hours but he is in great hands and I am sure God is there watching over all the family,  team, and caretakers.  Hope you can get some rest.  Best wishes.  Hopefully we see him leave and go home someday  as we can hope for the best outcome. 

Edited by DrPJax
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Figster said:

Watching our Buffalo Bill football team of big, strong men. Some of the toughest and best athletes in the world. Break down and cry on National television. Knowing why, and what they were witnessing at the time. Is something that will haunt me until the day I die.

Yup, I'll be up all night...

I have never seen anything like that in my life…not even any of the really awful neck injuries where you weren’t sure if the players would even walk again.  The whole bills team thought they were watching their friend die on the field it was absolutely awful 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.