Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

57 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

People have been way to quick to criticize the league's handling of an unprecedented situation. In fact all of the NFL's preparedness and on-field protocols for a situation like this may have saved Hamlin's life tonight. I choose to focus on that, instead of how many minutes they waited to announce the game was postponed.

Ok. I even gave you a Lombardi reaction. 

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Are we to believe that nobody from the network covering the game was in contact with the league? Come on you don't believe that do you?

Yes - I think the league was quite busy dealing with other things associated with the events.

At no time did they state the NFL told them it would be a five minute warmup.  They did say they heard from the people on the field - so was the NFL decision makers on the field.

I am sure the sideline reporter talked to the head of officiating who quoted standard SOP - a five minute warmup and then the game resumes and that is what Buck and Aikman quoted.  That is also where Van Pelt got his info from the broadcast.

I do not for a second believe anyone at ESPN was in contact with high up league officials during that break.

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

ahem, a Bills fan ER physician IN CINCY  treating damar hamlin  I would say qualifies as a crazy and random event just sayin

She wasn't in Cincy.  She is an ER Dr. contributor for CNN.  So was asked to tell what she knows.

Both ER Dr.'s said if Damar's heart was restarted quickly, and they got him tubed quickly it's a good sign for recovery.

I'm going to sleep feeling a little better.

Go Bills and Go Damar!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yes - I think the league was quite busy dealing with other things associated with the events.

At no time did they state the NFL told them it would be a five minute warmup.  They did say they heard from the people on the field - so was the NFL decision makers on the field.

I am sure the sideline reporter talked to the head of officiating who quoted standard SOP - a five minute warmup and then the game resumes and that is what Buck and Aikman quoted.  That is also where Van Pelt got his info from the broadcast.

I do not for a second believe anyone at ESPN was in contact with high up league officials during that break.

Why is it so hard for people to believe the broadcast team asked officials what happens next and officials on the field quoted SOP and didn't say "we don't know, its up to the league"?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

She wasn't in Cincy.  She is an ER Dr. contributor for CNN.  So was asked to tell what she knows.

Both ER Dr.'s said if Damar's heart was restarted quickly, and they got him tubed quickly it's a good sign for recovery.

Go Bills and Go Damar!

MY BAD Thank you for clarifying that for me. Long night. Peace.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

He does.  And it doesn’t matter that the exact words from Troy were: “They’ve been given 5 minutes, That’s the word we got from the league”.  Some serious mental gymnastics going on to spin this one.

So you believe while this was going on - Buck and Aikman called and spoke to NFL league officials in NY and were told by Vincent and Goodell that a five minute warmup and restarting the game was the plan.

Or was the League - a person on the sideline providing them with what the Standard SOP is with limited knowledge of what other discussions may be occurring.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Nor do I.  LOL, do people actually believe they were talking to Goodell.

For a crazy situation it seems to me everything was done pretty good.

I sure want to know about the on-field emergency people.  They need some big-time kudos.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Go Bills and Go Damar!

As will I,

Also seen the CNN report and had seen the friends tweet earlier

This is good news in my humble opinion

I miss you to ;  )@muppy

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yes, this is most likely - that the broadcast team was talking to the refs, who in the absence of any direction (yet) from the league, just told them what the normal rule was for restarting after an extended injury timeout. It's very hard to believe the league office called and told them to start the game back up after a five minute warmup. I think it was just the refs and the coaches in discussion - the refs saying this is the usual procedure, the coaches responding by saying they needed to go discuss things with their teams, and the refs (and league at some point) agreeing. But the conspiracy theorists are out in force tonight.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Again was Joe Buck getting his info directly from the NFL?

More likely Buck and Aikman were getting info from the Referee assigned to them who stated the standard SOP is a five minute warm up and play resumes.

People quoting Buck or Van Pelt as the NFL directed teams that the game would resume with a five minute break is stupid.  They were not in contact with the league.

Who was in contact with the league - it appears the Refs and the HC of each team and after their discussion the players were sent to the locker room.

Following additional discussion - the game was suspended pending further discussion.

I am not saying the NFL is 100% clear, but the decision to suspend a game needed league, both team, and NFLPA input and was not something that was decided in the time Hamlin was injured. Hence getting the players off and having time to discuss the entirety of the situation.

Again - in the end the correct decision was made and the five minute thing was announced by people covering the game with no input or discussion with the league.  It was based entirely on normal SOP for an abnormal situation.

According to his own quote he was:

‘They’ve been given 5 minutes to get ready to go back to playing…that’s the word weve gotten from the league and the word we’ve gotten from down on the field’ is the particular quote I’m talking about.  There is a near 0% chance they were just outlining the standard ambulance procedures there. and if he somehow was just talking about standard procedure, that quote should’ve been corrected at some point imo. 

they announced it over the PA also it sounds like(maybe someone at the game can confirm so I do not need to trust twitter) and the bengals offense was warming up on the sideline after the announcement .  I absolutely respect your opinion that the right decision was reached and how they got there isn’t important,  but I can see people being skeptical of how some of this was handled.

It could definitely be a series of coincidences but based on what we saw it’s a pretty reasonable assumption that the league wanted the game to go on and the coaches stepped in.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

He does.  And it doesn’t matter that the exact words from Troy were: “They’ve been given 5 minutes, That’s the word we got from the league”.  Some serious mental gymnastics going on to spin this one.

This is perhaps the lowest of the many low conversations I've seen on this board over the years.

Who gives a damn???

Shame on all of you.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, NUT said:

I don't even want to say what I believe those ppl are thinking.

8 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Maybe a bit of an aside here, but has anyone else searched for “Damar Hamlin” on eBay? Wow. Rookie card signature was up to $26,000 with 66 bids.

Not quite sure what to think about that… 

A miracle in the making is priceless perhaps.

12 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

This is perhaps the lowest of the many low conversations I've seen on this board over the years.

Who gives a damn???

Shame on all of you.

You’re not replying to me directly and I haven’t followed what people with similar ish opinions have been saying so feel free to disregard if I’m way off base here…but can I ask why? 

can you imagine seeing your friends heart stop on the field and he’s taken off in an ambulance then allegedly hearing ‘be ready to go in 5 minutes’. Maybe I can only speak for myself but it is because I feel terribly for the players/Hamlin that I want to know what happened.  It’s not at all just looking for an excuse to take out a pitchfork against the nfl again.  

I would be as happy as anyone to hear it’s all just coincidental…it’s not something I’m actively trying to believe 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You’re not replying to me directly and I haven’t followed what people with similar ish opinions have been saying so feel free to disregard if I’m way off base here…but can I ask why? 

can you imagine seeing your friends heart stop on the field and he’s taken off on an ambulance then allegedly hearing ‘be ready to go in 5 minutes’. Maybe I can only speak for myself but it is because I feel terribly for the players/Hamlin that I want to know what happened.  It’s not at all just looking for an excuse to take out a pitchfork against the nfl again.  

I would be as happy as anyone to hear it’s all just coincidental…it’s not something I’m actively trying to believe 

Why does this matter to you?  Who cares "who was lying"?

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.