Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

Just now, SDS said:

Yes. I’m concerned about people sending their hard-earned money to a place that no one asked them to during an emotional time. Such a crazy thought from the site creator.

What I really should be doing as someone who doesn’t know anything about the situation is to tell people to spend money left and right without any due diligence. Grow up. 

I asked nicely.  I begged.  And right now can't handle this.  Keep attacking each other, if you think that is what is important right now.  I'm going to try and sleep because I don't want to see Bills' fans acting like this any more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I should probably just shut up about it and let people vent if it makes them feel better at this point 🤷‍♂️

I think people want someone to blame in today's society but the time between the ambulance leaving and the NFL postponing the game was like 30 minutes. A lot can change in mere minutes when facts are conveyed and then reconveyed to get people to understand the severity. I've been on my share of conference calls diagnosing critical issues where that's been the case.

Maybe the NFL should have understood quicker and maybe they did make a mistake but maybe people should stop blaming and maybe think the NFL enacted preexisting protocol and then when players pushed back and reconveyed the facts, they said "oh ok, yeah that makes sense". It happens all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Yes. I’m concerned about people sending their hard-earned money to a place that no one asked them to during an emotional time. Such a crazy thought from the site creator.

What I really should be doing as someone who doesn’t know anything about the situation is to tell people to spend money left and right without any due diligence. Grow up. 

If you claim to have done any research into the Go Fund Me process and Damar's annual toy drive before calling it stupid to donate, I'd have a hard time believing it. 

Did you know that even if someone donated to an inactive or illegitimate charity their money would be 100% refunded by Go Fund Me? If you claim to have known that, I'd have a hard time believing it also.

Telling me to grow up after your overreaction here...yeesh. That's good stuff.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

From what I can tell the money is pouring in from all over the country.  Other fan bases are joining in.  It's quite remarkable.

Yes it is. Someone nationally must have said something about 45 mins to an hour ago. It had hit a lull and now has taken off again, like another 600,000-700,000 in that time. Update: over $1.6 million as I type this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NUT said:

I agree. They may not even be ready for the Pat's game.

And if they’re not ready… forfeit. 

If they’re not ready for the playoffs… forfeit. 

It’s ok… everyone would understand. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Agree 5

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I just don’t think the NFL would create a new rule and tie-break method to resolve this. I wonder if there is any precedent here.  

Other people mentioned there are Covid rules in the books for a team or teams not being able to play a full season. and they could use those same rules or tie breakers. 

4 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I am thinking the "no contest" result is the likely outcome.  The Bills and Bengals will play 16 game seasons, with standings determined by winning percentage.

A tie would have potentially negative consequences on other teams with respect to tiebreakers for things like strength of victory, conference record, etc.  Pretending like the game was never played feels like the most fair result for all the teams involved.

That will mean the Bills likely get the 2 seed if they beat NE on Sunday.

While not opposed to the concept, I’m far from certain the NFL would set such a precedent. They are surely in uncharted territory here but I’d venture a guess they will want the game to be played. I’m not saying that is the right decision by any means though. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Just not sure how this game can be rescheduled.

The Players are not going to be mentally or emotionally ready to play in the next day or two.

The thought that in the next week they would place the ball at the exact spot in the same stadium where this occurred and continue the game  is unthinkable. This game will never happen. They need to figure out the least damaging way to move forward which IMO is to call this a non contest and use win percentage to establish seedings.  Should the Bills & Bengals meet in the playoffs the game would be played on a neutral field (Indy?) with tickets distributed evenly between the two fan bases.

2 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Just not sure how this game can be rescheduled.

The Players are not going to be mentally or emotionally ready to play in the next day or two.

To be honest it’ll be tough for both teams, especially the bills, to prepare/practice for the NE game next week. 

I think the best course of action for the nfl is to take a weeklong pause (thereby removing the 2 week gap between the SB and championship games) and slide the entire nfl schedule a week. It may screw up a lot of logistics, but if player safety is their top priority, I think this is the right choice

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I am thinking the "no contest" result is the likely outcome.  The Bills and Bengals will play 16 game seasons, with standings determined by winning percentage.

A tie would have potentially negative consequences on other teams with respect to tiebreakers for things like strength of victory, conference record, etc.  Pretending like the game was never played feels like the most fair result for all the teams involved.

That will mean the Bills likely get the 2 seed if they beat NE on Sunday.

The Bengals were winning the game when play stopped. That has to factor into the decision slightly. Forfeit is really the only fair thing to do, not that it really matters at this point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.