Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

3 minutes ago, Process said:

An hour after he was given CPR and while he is fighting for his life, hundreds of thousands of dollars were donated to a fundraiser for an event that happened two years ago. I have to agree with SDS on this one. I can't believe how much the charity thing blew up. I can't believe charity is on anyone's mind right now.

I don't care about charities, #1 seeds, postponed games. All I care about it Damar surviving this. Pray everyone like never before. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

They can’t do this. I don’t think there is a fair way to figure it out (other than to give the 1 seed to KC, who will have 1 more win). 

Win %,  AFC win %..  there are other ways 

2 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Was in flight school on 9/11. Over 100 people from different parts of the world, I can absolutely agree with that explanation. There was comfort being together because all we really had was each other and the small bits of family that followed us to support our ambitions. I remember at one point the wife and I had 30 people in our tiny apartment watching news coverage in silence hoping we wouldn’t see the names of fathers/mothers of fellow pilot candidates/instructors that flew for the airlines.

Probably why most of us are still on this thread.  Comfort being together.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Should this be another thread maybe if people want to discuss it?

I should probably just shut up about it and let people vent if it makes them feel better at this point 🤷‍♂️

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Then it does.  

At this point, it all seems so trivial. 

Agree. I don't even care about football right now. I wouldn't care if the Bills don't take the field again this year.

I can't believe I just typed that but it's the truth.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Yes. I’m concerned about people sending their hard-earned money to a place that no one asked them to during an emotional time. Such a crazy thought from the site creator.

What I really should be doing as someone who doesn’t know anything about the situation is to tell people to spend money left and right without any due diligence. Grow up. 

also, no need to be mean about your opinion. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I am thinking the "no contest" result is the likely outcome.  The Bills and Bengals will play 16 game seasons, with standings determined by winning percentage.

A tie would have potentially negative consequences on other teams with respect to tiebreakers for things like strength of victory, conference record, etc.  Pretending like the game was never played feels like the most fair result for all the teams involved.

That will mean the Bills likely get the 2 seed if they beat NE on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Yes. I’m concerned about people sending their hard-earned money to a place that no one asked them to during an emotional time. Such a crazy thought from the site creator.

What I really should be doing as someone who doesn’t know anything about the situation is to tell people to spend money left and right without any due diligence. Grow up. 

If it eases your concern, there is precedent for large influxes like this to then be handled properly in new ways while still being committed to the core purpose. 

It isn't all going to just be dumped on Kelly and Nina's Daycare Center to buy millions of dollars in toys for kids.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

His gofundme just went over $1.5 million. Given by over 62,800 donors. God I LOVE our fans!!!

I think it's fans across the NFL. I saw posts on the Cincy forums to donate to his charity 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

I'm trying to remember the reactions from the Kevin Everett situation. I can't at least not clearly. 

What I do remember by way of comparison is the reaction between the players tonight and the players during that game was night and day. Hell, I probably won't use the word traumatized to describe my reaction, but that was hard to watch. Clearly everyone on the field understood the gravity of the situation and realized that he was hurt badly and medically was in a very bad spot. Only after we started hearing that he received CPR did we truly understand the seriousness of it.  

I certainly don't have any comments to make other than to say that I hope the young man pulls through.

• Like (+1) 1

There seem to be 3 major controversies attached to this topic:

1) Charity

2) 5 minutes

3) Logistics regarding game outcome/standings/playoff seedings

1) What people want to do with their money is their business.

2) We'll have more reportage (if not greater clarity) tomorrow as to what actually happened with the supposed 5 minute edict from the NFL.

3) This perhaps should be a separate topic.

JMOs... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.