Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I felt that he looked out of sorts on that long reception to Hurst on the first drive. a weird mistake we usually don’t see him make— was just sort of lost out there. I don’t know though— maybe unrelated.

Yes...at some point they showed him, where you could see his face...

• Agree 1

Just now, DrDare said:

It may be possible that they reschedule the game to "week 19" and push all the playoff games back 1 week and get rid of the bye week before the SB

It’s not gonna happen.  The Bills and Bengals won’t see each other again unless it’s a playoff game.  This will be considered a tie or forfeit or they will figure out the fairest way to determine 1 seed with two teams playing only 16 games. It’s unprecedented but they aren’t going to push the league back for 1 game or shoe horn in this game on a short week.

21 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

If someone is intubated, it’s standard procedure that they’re heavily sedated.  Otherwise you feel something stuck in your throat and your reflex is to gag and cough and try to rip it out.

Yes I’ve been intubated and they had me on Ativan.

It’s hard to sleep after seeing this. My adrenaline is still going. A lot of parents are going to think twice before letting their kids play football if they haven’t already.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NUT said:

He's probably a gambler.

However, if they can't reschedule, I think the only fair way to choose a winner is a coin toss. I know that may seem very unfair to the Bengals but I think forcing the Bills to take a loss is more unfair.

Why not just make the game a tie and move on.

It is what it is.

Love and prayers Damar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Likely the NFL wanted to let them decide.  Also, it’s hard to have the proper perspective from a TV.  No one saw or could feel what those players did who were right there watching the cpr.  Hopefully the Bills, Bengals and/or NFL have PTSD counselors, even if Hamlin is okay some players will need them. 

It was the only logical thing to do.  If the NFL forced them to play (not sure how they could do that) fans and players would be outraged.  If the Bills said we are not playing, and will forfeit, giving the Bengals the win, and the Bengals accepted the win, fans and players would be outraged.  The only solution was the one they got, both teams agree to stop the game then, and decide sometime later, probably in a few days, what to do.  Tonight was not the time to decide how to finish the game, there would be no moral/ethical victory for anyone. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Been in situations like this as a staff member with a team. Definitely not to this magnitude… but I’ll try and provide perspective. 

You’re scared and don’t want to be alone. You don’t know where else to go and it’s almost easier to stay there and process things together. 

Was in flight school on 9/11. Over 100 people from different parts of the world, I can absolutely agree with that explanation. There was comfort being together because all we really had was each other and the small bits of family that followed us to support our ambitions. I remember at one point the wife and I had 30 people in our tiny apartment watching news coverage in silence hoping we wouldn’t see the names of fathers/mothers of fellow pilot candidates/instructors that flew for the airlines.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

It’s not gonna happen.  The Bills and Bengals won’t see each other again unless it’s a playoff game.  This will be considered a tie or forfeit or they will figure out the fairest way to determine 1 seed with two teams playing only 16 games. It’s unprecedented but they aren’t going to push the league back for 1 game or shoe horn in this game on a short week.

Mike Tirico was on MSNBC earlier, and suggested it may be settled by win percentage.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The $30 will go to his annual fundraiser. I believe the jersey money goes to the NFL/Bills.

Unless they also decide to donate a portion of jersey sales.

Players get a cut of their own jersey sale. I’ve read as high as 2/3. 

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

They can’t do this. I don’t think there is a fair way to figure it out (other than to give the 1 seed to KC, who will have 1 more win). 

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

winning percentage still works the same with different games played 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

From the site creator, nonetheless. I'm kind of surprised.

Yes. I’m concerned about people sending their hard-earned money to a place that no one asked them to during an emotional time. Such a crazy thought from the site creator.

What I really should be doing as someone who doesn’t know anything about the situation is to tell people to spend money left and right without any due diligence. Grow up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.