Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

appreciate you being mindful and trying to do the right thing. 

i’m gonna come out and say it. This charity giving is dumb. Do people here actually think Damar Hamlin has a staff handling his toys for kids charity? Who do these people think is handling this money?  While I don’t have a definitive answer,  it is most assuredly Damar himself who, quite frankly, is a little busy at the moment.

maybe people could just wait a hot second and let things settle down.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Dislike 3

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

If someone is intubated, it’s standard procedure that they’re heavily sedated.  Otherwise you feel something stuck in your throat and your reflex is to gag and cough and try to rip it out.

unless the patient is completely unresponsive and not fighting the ventilator.  If he's breathing over the ventilator that would be a good sign.  I certainly hope he is/was.  I disagree with someone else's assertion that this is a "classic case" of anything.  This was a very unusual series of events.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I assume he had a blocked / brokn trachea which would block his airflow which would eventually stop his heart. They restarted his heart and then would need airflow restarted. Many trauma nurses on Twitter have said this is recoverable BUT the big question is how long his brain and organs went without oxygen and what damage is done. It’s not likely that will be known for days so I doubt they will be playing tomorrow either which means the teams likely won’t can’t play this game this week. 

That’s interesting. Hadn’t thought about the trachea.

1 minute ago, SDS said:

i’m gonna come out and say it. This charity giving is dumb. Do people here actually think Damar Hamlin has a staff handling his toys for kids charity? Who do these people think is handling this money?  While I don’t have a definitive answer,  it is most assuredly Damar himself who, quite frankly, is a little busy at the moment.

1000s of people across the world must be pretty stupid. 

Got you all riled up apparently. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

It was verified by go fund me's twitter account.

Thank you but you're not understanding my thoughts.

Based on the discussion here with the Scott and Simon, I think I'm going to wait to see if a fund is established for Damar. It's quite possible one will be established.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Understandable pov, sometimes people just need a way to express themselves while grieving. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

I'm pretty sure Go Fund Me is capable of handling the money at the moment.

Edited by LeGOATski
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Then don't donate.  If people want to express their concern by donating to his charity, so be it.

• Like (+1) 7

Ryan Clark was the best I’ve seen on ESPN in quite a while.  Very impressed with both the Bills & the Bengals tonight. 

Our family turned the sound down & we all prayed for Damar Hamlin.  The ONLY good that comes out of times like this is real priorities are easier to see.

My prayer is with Damar & his family. May he walk out of that hospital.  

Edited by Tulsabillsfanz
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.