Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Plus where else are they meant to go? The arranged flight doesn't leave for a couple of hours and they can hardly travel to the hospital en masse.

Also true… it’s just hard. It’s the same feeling I have right now… not saying it’s what they’re experiencing… but this is how I remember feeling. 

I haven’t moved since it happened… I’m distraught… similar to how they described the Bills sideline after the ambulance left. You just get lost and don’t want to move. 

• Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I guess that was the intent.  I have no idea the veracity of the situation.

If someone is intubated, it’s standard procedure that they’re heavily sedated.  Otherwise you feel something stuck in your throat and your reflex is to gag and cough and try to rip it out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Based on the discussion here with the Scott and Simon, I think I'm going to wait to see if a fund is established for Damar. It's quite possible one will be established.

The game didn't start until 5:30... an average NFL game lasts about 3 hours. Then the team has to shower, pack, and go to the airport.

At this time (11:46 pm) the team would normally still be at the stadium.

It was verified by go fund me's twitter account.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

41 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hard disagree.  I think it is a good bit of information and I’ve seen many other doctors discuss this (with less detail and explanation) on Twitter as the most likely scenario too.  Doesn’t mean it’s for sure what happened, but it’s unquestionably a real possibility and something most of us never knew was possible or heard of.  

Too soon for anyone to give "opinions" on what they saw.

Someone always has to try to be the first person to be right to get done cred.

Edited by loyal2dagame
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Punch said:

It’s still active, GoFundMe’s official Twitter account tweeted it out.

I imagine that Kelly and Nina are not prepared for 1M+ in sudden funds

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Was at the game. Worst thing I've ever witnessed in person. It's hard to put it into words. Very somber walk out of the stadium, fans not speaking as we walked through The Banks & across the bridge to the hotels in Kentucky (last 24 hrs it was nothing but "Go Bills" & "Who Dey!" Going back and forth). Every fan in the stadium seemed to feel the game should be cancelled. Football doesn't matter very much right now. Just hope Hamlin's ok. I'm not sure how the players can go back out and play after this now or next week or again this season frankly. If Hamlin's ok that's all that matters. 🙏

Thanks for the update and for confirming the impression I had from watching the TV broadcast.  Classy bunch of fans.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.