Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Why would Bills players still be at the stadium?

Where else would they be?

The plane isn't scheduled to leave for hours, they have no hotel rooms, they can't go the hospital and create chaos...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

It was established years ago and we don't know for sure if it is still active or whether it is something Hamlin is still currently invloved with or whether he ahs a differecnt preference

At this point it’s happening whether or not TBD endorses. Last I saw it’s broken a million dollars donated tonight and been shared by players, media, and referenced by his representation. 

I don’t think you need to pin it, or wipe it, but I also don’t think you need to struggle with the ethics. It’s a train that’s left the station.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Was at the game. Worst thing I've ever witnessed in person. It's hard to put it into words. Very somber walk out of the stadium, fans not speaking as we walked through The Banks & across the bridge to the hotels in Kentucky (last 24 hrs it was nothing but "Go Bills" & "Who Dey!" Going back and forth). Every fan in the stadium seemed to feel the game should be cancelled. Football doesn't matter very much right now. Just hope Hamlin's ok. I'm not sure how the players can go back out and play after this now or next week or again this season frankly. If Hamlin's ok that's all that matters. 🙏

From TV it appeared fans at the stadium acted with class

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

It was established years ago and we don't know for sure if it is still active or whether it is something Hamlin is still currently invloved with or whether he ahs a differecnt preference

It’s still active, GoFundMe’s official Twitter account tweeted it out.

Edited by Punch
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Been in situations like this as a staff member with a team. Definitely not to this magnitude… but I’ll try and provide perspective. 

You’re scared and don’t want to be alone. You don’t know where else to go and it’s almost easier to stay there and process things together. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Been in situations like this as a staff member with a team. Definitely not to this magnitude… but I’ll try and provide perspective. 

You’re scared and don’t want to be alone. You don’t know where else to go and it’s almost easier to stay there and process things together. 

Plus where else are they meant to go? The arranged flight doesn't leave for a couple of hours and they can hardly travel to the hospital en masse.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

At this point it’s happening whether or not TBD endorses. Last I saw it’s broken a million dollars donated tonight and been shared by players, media, and referenced by his representation. 

I don’t think you need to pin it, or wipe it, but I also don’t think you need to struggle with the ethics. It’s a train that’s left the station.

Yeah, chasing my tail on that one is fruitless at this point.

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I assume he had a blocked / brokn trachea which would block his airflow which would eventually stop his heart. They restarted his heart and then would need airflow restarted. Many trauma nurses on Twitter have said this is recoverable BUT the big question is how long his brain and organs went without oxygen and what damage is done. It’s not likely that will be known for days so I doubt they will be playing tomorrow either which means the teams likely won’t can’t play this game this week. 

Very unlikely.  This is classic cardiac arrhythmia from blunt chest trauma.  Just bad luck.  The intubation is just to control the airway and is part of a prolonged resuscitation.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

From TV it appeared fans at the stadium acted with class

The stadium was lit.  Really loud.  Amazing atmosphere.  And it ended in a second.   I can’t say enough good things about Cincy.  The rivalry in our section was all good natured. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think the easy explanation is that their flight doesn’t leave until 1:30am and they don’t have anywhere else to go. Just have to wait for the bus to take them to the airport.

4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

His fundraiser just went over $1,000,000. Awesome job Bills fans!!!

Based on the discussion here with the Scott and Simon, I think I'm going to wait to see if a fund is established for Damar. It's quite possible one will be established.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

The game didn't start until 5:30... an average NFL game lasts about 3 hours. Then the team has to shower, pack, and go to the airport.

At this time (11:46 pm) the team would normally still be at the stadium.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.