Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

No crap, they are called hotels, often near hospitals. 

Hamlin has his family and Bills officials who stayed in Cincy. No problem at all with the rest of the team going back to Buffalo. They can’t help him by staying in Cincy. 

• Agree 3

Just now, LondonBill said:

I suspect the only option open to the NFL is to set a date for a rematch very soon and it's then up to the Bills whether they play it or not. If not, it's an L and the rest continues. I dunno though. But I just can't see what other option they have. 

I think that's the move if Hamlin lives, which thankfully it is looking like. 

27 minutes ago, Reverse Meathead said:

Did Mahomes tweet anything in support of Hamlin?  

Yes he did, I read it here on our form 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I think you have no idea what working in a busy hospital is like, they aren't sitting around watching tv.

Pretty sure they meant the trauma team on the field ready to go. Since there were no trauma injuries prior to that, safe to say they weren't busy til then. Maybe they had tasks to do though, who knows.

This whole thing is gut wrenching.

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

It's a couple years old and we don't even know if its still active.

I wish people would stop posting links to it.

There will be something we can do when we know more.

Bills players are linking it. I just messaged one. And they confirmed it's real and active. (I'm not joking)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

So you think the game should have been played after a player had cpr administered to him on the field. Gotcha 

No but don't think everyone should be ripping the NFL for how they reacted to an unprecedented event that likely have no real sections of the manual in how to deal with.  They are just flipping through the pages trying to figure out what to do, so they react to the easiest thing to say, warm up for 5 minutes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I can think of three events in my lifetime of similar nature with huge number of eyes watching, however what happened tonight pales in comparison to these events in the grand scheme of things worldwide.  Kennedy getting shot, Regan getting shot, and 9-11.  Probably also the 72 Olympics at Munich though I don't recall much about that one.

In both cases TV kept broadcasting what happened, they don't go off the air.  They try and give updates as best they can, that's their job.

Complicating things further is that tonight was being broadcast by sports journalists who aren't use to dealing with tragedies.

Large Scale: Challenger exploding.

Small Scale: Clint Malarchuck 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.