Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

Just now, aristocrat said:

So does this game get played week after next? The Super Bowl and playoffs all a week later?

I think it's like my local racetrack, they put it on after their regular schedule for the races. So we will play after the super bowl for a makeup game

I mean, I kid, but a little tiny humor isn't awful. I just hate that we would play in back to back weeks like that. 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It might not be as bad as some are making it sound,  but the head office absolutely was consulted and told the player was down on the field getting cpr and it took them quite a bit of time to call the game at best (for the nfl). 

They still come out looking pretty bad even with maximum benefit of the doubt imo 

Yep. At very best they were slow reacting. And I get it was a fast moving confusing picture but there was a senior league official in attendance. I don't necessarily criticise the time it took to officially announce that they called the game... but there should never have been a question of the game continuing from the moment "CPR on the field" became the reality. That is the point where they were slow to react.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, RiotAct said:

it’s going to be lead news tomorrow morning (or sooner) on every international news / entertainment agency known to man.

It's the lede on every news site algorithm. From MS Edge to Google News to Fox News to CNN

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It might not be as bad as some are making it sound,  but the head office absolutely was consulted and told the player was down on the field getting cpr and it took them quite a bit of time to call the game at best (for the nfl). 

They still come out looking pretty bad even with maximum benefit of the doubt imo 

Especially when you had Booger, Adam and Suzy pleading for the game to be called. I’m not buying the league didn’t know how serious it was when Booger who is not at the stadium barely wanted to talk about it. I do think the league would have reacted faster if this was a 1:00PM Sunday game instead of a marquee Monday Night game, but that’s just my opinion. 

• Agree 1

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

Why? What????

Stay in Cinci with your teammate. 

For what reason? What good can they do there?

Right now they probably want to hug their partners, their parents, their kids. Thank goodness Damar's mother was at the stadium today, but quite a few family members wouldn't have been. Get them away from where it happened, get them back where they belong and take stock.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I know our teams are rivals just wanted come here and say I hope he ends up making a full recovery. I am also glad to see the Bengals and Bills both agreed to postpone the rest of the game. IMO someone else could have gotten hurt on either side because they were no longer focused on the game, and rightfully so! 

Again I pray for a quick and full recovery… 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 13

18 minutes ago, EffKCChiefs said:

As much as i cant stand the Chiefs, and Mahomes the player... he is a good dude. 

Just so your aware fans hate other teams/players. The players for the most part love eachother. Sure some may not get along, just like some of us wouldn't get along. But for the most part they love and respect eachother.

• Agree 1

Just now, aristocrat said:

So does this game get played week after next? The Super Bowl and playoffs all a week later?

No, it won’t be replayed. There’s no extra time and they aren’t delaying playoffs.  just call it a tie or forfeit. figure out a tie breaker that’s fair for all 3 teams, whatever. 

Just as long as our guy can get out of the hospital and be normal again.  that’s all that matters in grand scheme.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

How many times have we watched players stretchered off the field only to have the game resumed in a minute or two?  Not sure why people are so hard on the league here; I guess because it's a Bill.

Christ, when Ryan Shaziar had his career ended, he was carted off the field unable to move his body from neck down.

The game resumed in a few minutes.

So you think the game should have been played after a player had cpr administered to him on the field. Gotcha 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.