Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

to be honest, i give the NFL a bit of a pass.  Probably messed up. But I am also not sure they had all the info and I think as the seriousness escalated, they figured it out. In these crisis situations, communication mistakes are often made as information is discovered. 

Agreed.  The bottom line is that everybody landed on the right decision within 45 minutes or so.  That's actually pretty good.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

to be honest, i give the NFL a bit of a pass.  Probably messed up. But I am also not sure they had all the info and I think as the seriousness escalated, they figured it out. In these crisis situations, communication mistakes are often made as information is discovered. 

They didn't make them play the game. 

At the end of the day that's what counts.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

I kind of feel the same way. Those guys always put the dollar first, so they're easy to criticize. But I had my own denial about the situation tonight, for awhile.  I kept thinking he'd pop back up, and then I thought we'd see one of those "thumbs up" signs if he was carted off or something.

It really took me awhile to grasp how bad this is, even after seeing some of the players looking pretty shaken up.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Same.  Pretty sure I saw him saying a prayer to himself before they cut to a teary-eyed Josh.   

That's when the gravity of the situation hit me.

It just looked like “Lord, please let him be ok” over and over and over. I can’t even imagine being down there. 

He managed to get them all together after that for a prayer. 

How many times have we watched players stretchered off the field only to have the game resumed in a minute or two?  Not sure why people are so hard on the league here; I guess because it's a Bill.

Christ, when Ryan Shaziar had his career ended, he was carted off the field unable to move his body from neck down.

The game resumed in a few minutes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

I would not be surprised to see retirements coming from this across the NFL by the end of the week. There are players that are already on the fence and that just pushed them over it I'm willing to bet.

Or, as Tomlin did with Clark, coaches pushing certain players into retirement.

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

I am currently working CT in an ER ... head injuries/CPR/AED usage are critical... that there is a pulse is a good thing... could be anything all we can do is pray and let the medical professionals do their thing... 

Yes.  Pulse is good.  Pulse is way better than no pulse.

Just now, Billznut said:

And this is what most of us have been saying about the NFL the past two hours. Still those here defending the NFL. The NFL wanted to play tonight. F them. 

True. I'll just say that there's no protocol for this. It's a violent game of high speed collisions between big athletic young men, and thank God this particular circumstance has never arisen before. So it's fair to criticize, but I'm not interested in creating villains here out of what was a horrible accident. At some later point it's time to have a discussion again about player safety and whether simple tweaks to the rules are enough. We've seen a few really shocking injuries on the field this year and I'm starting to wonder whether this sport is just unavoidably unsafe at the professional level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Not for nothing but the gofundme for the toy drive Hamlin supports https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive

according to Tom Grossi a Packers fan on YouTube who was livestreaming the game has gone from around $12,000 to right now to over $800,000

So that's nice.

Things like this give me hope for humanity. 

I've been getting choked up all night.

3 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

im not agreeing with everyone breaking bad on the nfl, they were not up close to the situation to know how seriuos it was.  

if goddell was in the stands would he have said the teams have 5 minutes to get it together? hail no.  

It might not be as bad as some are making it sound,  but the head office absolutely was consulted and told the player was down on the field getting cpr and it took them quite a bit of time to call the game at best (for the nfl). 

They still come out looking pretty bad even with maximum benefit of the doubt imo 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

How many times have we watched players stretchered off the field only to have the game resumed in a minute or two?  Not sure why people are so hard on the league here; I guess because it's a Bill.

Christ, when Ryan Shaziar had his career ended, he was carted off the field unable to move his body from neck down.

The game resumed in a few minutes.

I've been on a few a other fans forums - it's not just some Bills fans who are fuming at the NFL right now.

Edited by UKBillFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.