Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

2 minutes ago, biggerdaddynj said:

The NFL comes out of this looking totally callous, like a second rate organization (of hypocrites) and this moment should be acknowledged for what it was, a horrible black mark on their history.  An organization with any sense of responsibility for their employees’ safety would treat them as human beings and shown leadership and earned respect by taking much more immediate action.  This is evidenced by the fact that he is laying in a hospital bed in critical condition having to be intubated.

Oh F***! You DIDN’T just go there! smfh

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

I was thinking the same thing. Fate has really dealt us a bad hand this year but this? This is the worst thing that can ever happen to a player, his family, a team or their fans. Hamlin's health is the only important thing now and I just hope that the Bills can somehow recover. 

well Im only trying to process my feelings about this  like everyone else. Its like citicizing how a person grieves. Im devastated by this situation

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Reverse Meathead said:

My prayers for Demar Hamlin and his family.  This was so strange.  The tackle looked routine.   There was some impact as Higgins lowered his head, but to this degree of damage is hard to understand.  I've seen this once before in professional football where Tom Pate of the Saskatchewan Roughriders died on the field at Ivor Wynne stadium in Hamilton against the Tiger Cats about 50 years ago.  In this case I strongly feel Demar will make a recovery.  If anything is of benefit it is NFL players' superior physical conditioning.   I'm not going to think any other way.  

that’s the thing… this kind of contact happens about 20-30 times per game.  It was a matter of time before the contact and force was “just right” to cause something like this, but you figure it’s a 1-in-5,000,000 occurrence 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Was discussing with wife. We’re both physicians and this is what we think as well . One moment talking to teammates and the next, on the ground. Aortic rupture/dissection is likely - something caused blood from reaching the brain quickly. V fib from a hit to chest wouldn’t have been delayed. 

Isnt a dissection something that is congenital...? I could see a rupture though or if it is a dissection and it ruptured either way not good...

1 minute ago, Success said:

According to one of the Cincy boards, they have one of the best cardio hospitals in the world, near the stadium.  That can't be a bad thing.

Please let him be okay.

UC has a highly regarded level 1 trauma center. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

what time did they call it internally? 

diggs was already in a towel before you and I got the announcement. 

that just shows the players have more common sense than the league.  Quite the stretch to defend the greedy NFL.  Everyone else knew within those 9 minutes he was receiving CPR what the right move was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

Obviously our key concern is with Damar and his family and rightly so, and of course the rest of the Bills coaches, backroom staff and players going through this. But thoughts and prayers going up for Tee Higgins as well. He made a football play; there was nothing overly nasty or horrible about that challenge. It wasn't his fault - and he must feel awful right now.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

• UKBillFan changed the title to Thought and prayers with Tee Higgins too
2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Obviously we have no report, but this has to be some kind of cardiac arrest right? 

I agree with the others that said this could very well be an aortic dissection. Very tough to deal with those, depends on the severity.

Edited by Rubes
  • Sad 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They were probably giving themselves a chance to hear it they were able to stabilize damar in the hospital.  Not saying that was the right thing to do but it’s my best guess.

honestly, in live action, who the heck knows how much made it from the stadium to NY in the first 5 minutes. 

decision makers on the scale of cancelling a game may have been watching on tv trying to get glimpses of what was happening, and likely didn’t even get first phone calls until the ambulance was dispatched 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

According to one of the Cincy boards, they have one of the best cardio hospitals in the world, near the stadium.  That can't be a bad thing.

Please let him be okay.

A friend who has lived in Cincy said it takes an ambulance 10 minutes from the stadium to the UC hospital

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Not all workplaces are created equal.

Sorry I worked during covid where 11 people died a day including docs and nurses and we kept working... hard to see on national TV but unlike most of you I have seen stuff like this a lot.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.