Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

It was the same in the Euro soccer game last summer when the Danish player Ericksen went down in cardiac arrest. You could tell right away that it was really bad because of the shell shocked looks on the players faces.  Ericksen meanwhile not only survived but is still playing for Man United.  I hope the hospital can stabilize him!

As said, Eriksen was fully concious, breathing by himself and actually giving people the thumbs up when he left the pitch. Two very different scenarios. 🙁

Just now, Jerboski said:

I’m sorry a slap in the face 

why are you mad… or bitter 

the Buffalo Bills don’t matter right now and every player would tell you that, the only thing that matters is Hamlin right now.. that’s it 

I erased my post. Im just venting. Please delete Im sorry

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

unfortunately I have too much experience giving CPR and using an AED. The outcome majority of the time is not a positive one. I sincerely hope this is not the case. 

Yeah I've read that too. It was in regard to these medical TV shows that show doc giving CPR and patient comes back and everything is fine.  But read that in real life, much rarer outcome.

1 minute ago, pennstate10 said:

My best guess is that this is correct.  The Hit didnt look severe enough to cause commotio cordis, and if it did, he would have sudden vfib, and wouldnt have stood up.

I think a vascular injury, vertebral artery (neck seemed to take most of the blow) or aortic/subclavian artery rupture/dissection is most likely. Seems that he's stabilized now, but may have suffered brain injury due to cardiac arrest or hypotension. 

Very similar situation happened to an Australian cricketer, who was hit with a ball below the helmet on the side of the neck. 

It just looked the same, where he just walked away and collapsed. I pray he makes it through.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I understand where you’re coming from, but I disagree.

Everyone immediately said to postpone. Announcers, Schefter, Florio, etc.

The NFL was the ONLY one to say take five minutes and get back to it.

Just take a look at what time the injury occurred, and what time the league called it.  It's readily apparent what the league was thinking.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

Depending on Hamlin's health I can see the other teams saying do whatever Buffalo thinks is best.  This isn't an office environment, these players are a tight family unit, a brotherhood, this isn't like some random guy in accounting leaving in an ambulance and asking everyone to come to work tomorrow.  I pray Hamlin recovers and that we awake to great news, and that the path ahead is clear and bright.

if this happened at a workplace there will not be pressure to come back to work the next day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.