Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sickening 

Again, I’d simmer with this. Refs just said “let’s do what we are trained to do in big injuries” basically and within seconds it was rectified. 

it wasn’t like some gang of guys on suits said “make them play - we need commercial revenue” 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

100% honest..... I would be perfectly fine with the bills forfeiting this game losing a first round seed and possibly being eliminated in the first round. 

I love this Sport and I love this team but these are human beings and what happened tonight is real life not a game. 

I pray that kid survives. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dr Reiner on CNN said its probably a blow to the chest that caused the heart to stop pumping.

In that case what's crucial is the length of time it took to get him difibrillated. CPR can extend that time so we won't really know damar's prognosis till the hospital gives it.

44 minutes ago, Chugga said:

Just puts things into perspective.  I’ve joked sometimes that I come to these forums as therapy for the ridiculously crazy game day hot takes.

But man whether you’re an all pro or the guy that consistently blows coverage every single person that steps on that field puts their life or quality of life on the line.

They all deserve a significant level of respect for that.

Totally agree. Its easy to lose sight of that but going forward I will never forget that .

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Don't continue and rule it a "mutual forfeit" in which both teams take a loss.

I hear you. But do you honestly think the Bengals are going to take a loss?

Im as devastated as anyone else right now. But I don’t see how the above can happen. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

This honestly might sink the whole season. Those guys looked straight up traumatized out there. It will be hard to perform at a high level, and I don’t blame them if that ends up being the case.

Honestly if he doesn’t recover I don’t see how the Bills play another game this season.

Just now, Big Turk said:

I thought he was about to break down the first time they went to him...he wavered for a bit during that...incredibly hard for players who knows this could have been them if but for the Grace of God.

you know players have it in the back of their mind anytime they step out there  Booger looked like he wanted to unpin his mike and walk off set   Not sure how the Bills players get past it to be honest  Prayers for Damar's well being and full recovery

• Like (+1) 1

Even if we forfeit, given the class the Bengals have shown, I don't think they'd want it.  Clinching the division and jumping into second seed...how do you celebrate that?  How do you take enjoyment in it?

Wining a division is an accomplishment, pop the champaign.  I can't image they'd want to get that this way.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Yeah, the timing and circumstance of this is as complicated as it can be. This isn't a Week 4 game between mediocre teams.

Again, all that matters is Hamlin's health and I pray he's okay, but this was a game with multibillion dollar implications. I'm gutted for Hamlin, his family, and the entire Bills community.

Seeing those guys show emotion like they did really, really hit me. Diggs openly weeping. Allen with his hands to his face. Guys on their knees just praying and praying and praying.

Just an unforgettable experience. I'm gonna be up all night praying for some good news.

It went from "just great, Hamlin hurt himself, how are we going to finish the season with Jaquan Johnson" to "wait, Allen crying? Diggs crying? is....Hamlin not going to make it? whoaaaaaaaaa". You could feel the air get sucked out of the stadium right from the TV. 

Prayers for Hamlin. Bills players crying on the field will be the talk of the country tomorrow. The NFL won't make any decisions until we hear that Hamlin is stable. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Again, I’d simmer with this. Refs just said “let’s do what we are trained to do in big injuries” basically and within seconds it was rectified. 

it wasn’t like some gang of guys on suits said “make them play - we need commercial revenue” 

What time was he injured, and what time did they call it?

45 minutes ago, Chugga said:

Just puts things into perspective.  I’ve joked sometimes that I come to these forums as therapy for the ridiculously crazy game day hot takes.

But man whether you’re an all pro or the guy that consistently blows coverage every single person that steps on that field puts their life or quality of life on the line.

They all deserve a significant level of respect for that.

I over-react to sport as a safety valve from the serious matters of real life. When an actual serious matter then collides with sport it's... calling it an eye opener doesn't even call it justice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

I hope the mods are paying attention.  This fool and a couple of others should get the boot.  No need for them to be part of this community.  

I put away the ban hammer and pulled out the katana

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This is terrifying and you hope he’s going to be okay but the reality is that his brain was without oxygen for a long time. He’s being kept alive via machines and I pray for his family. 

Yes, sadly you are correct.  I am praying for him, his family, his friends and teammates.  

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I really hope this isn't a situation where the family has to make a terrible decision at some point. This is soul crushing right now...

unfortunately I have too much experience giving CPR and using an AED. The outcome majority of the time is not a positive one. I sincerely hope this is not the case. 

• Sad 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.