Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

Just now, Beck Water said:

Even if they do want to go back out and play, how can they not be playing with a divided heart and mind thinking about their teammate

And when your attention is divided, further injuries will occur

I think that goes for both teams. Don’t know how either team can continue after this.

• Agree 1

They can’t call this a draw or give both teams a win. They can’t just skip the game. There are way too many implications.  For example (and F them), the Chiefs and their homefield. 

I think they’ll leave it to the Bills. Come back out and play, or essentially forfeit and take the loss.  

Or they postpone to another day this week. 

Don’t see any other solutions here. This is tragic. 

Edited by Playoffs?
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, PayDaBill$ said:

I’ve watched the replay a few times I just can’t see anything there that looked like it would cause this type of event. It’s brutal to see the after effect. 

Underlying health issue, or preexisting neck injury? 

Prayers are with his family and friends and teammates.

Bengals player shoulder and head hit Hamlin in the chest. That is all that is needed.  Its not a neck issue

Just talked to one of our ER docs... who are all texting each other right now... apparently it is a known thing that a direct hit to the heart can cause the heart to stop aka a heart attack... again they would have intubated him right away put a tube down his throat to breathe and that they have a pulse is a good thing.

I am praying.  In a strange way of rationalizing everything im reading, am I the only one thinks not continuing would make his injury in vain?  Life is big, and what happened during his job is a known possibility, it's a violent sport.  I am praying, but I think his sacrifice should be honored and fought for by earning the win.  He has a pulse.  Life is fragile, but this is a freak accident. 

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

My bet. Half bills players won’t take the field. And the storm deaths. This is not fun. Goodell, standup for once. 

None of them will. And good luck to Goodell of he forces them to forfeit...NFL would face severe repurcussions to their public image which they work so hard to prop up.

Postpone it. Cancel it. Whatever.

they CANNOT ask these players to go out and play right now. If they do, McDermott should refuse, even if it means forfeiting.

if they resume play, I’m not watching.

Do the right thing, NFL.

• Agree 6

I think the big problem the NFL is facing is that they've likely never anticipated this situation.  A player's life is threatened on the field, and what to do about the game.  The logistics of moving a game 24 hours, all the TV, advertising, personnel, teams, equipment, venue, fans, tickets, etc.  They do OK with a few days warning, like the Bills games moving to DET, but what to do about a game in progress?  Let alone a game this big with huge playoff implications.  A Bills forfeit would be the most expedient solution.  Moving the game more than 24 hours impacts next week's games, so what to do?  Like the line in Apollo 13, "This isn't a contingency we even remotely considered."  

But nobody cares about all that.  We just care about DH.  The rest be damned.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.