Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

7 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

I haven’t been this scared for a player since Kevin Everett… freightening 

I was thinking about that and Aaron Williams and even Shazier, the difference being none of those guy were down on the field with no breathing and no heartbeat which is the only reason you'd be getting CPR. All those games continued. This is an order of magnitude beyond those situations.

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

I was a little young to remember, but this seems worse than that. Am I wrong?

Everett almost died.  He was saved from paralysis by an experimental medical procedure that involved something like pumping frozen liquid into his veins.  

I don't to mean to be all dramatic or downplay what's happening with Hamlin, which is obviously also extremely bad.  But that was genuinely gruesome too.

• Agree 2

Just now, Limeaid said:

It HAS happened before and to the Bills. 

Kevin Everett was injured and was saved due to doctors who had done research partly funded by Ralph Wilson.

Yeah thats all I keep thinking and its sucks to see any player get hurt to that point where a ambulance has to come out

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Just speculating, but I would think they are worried he is going to pass and they want her with him 

They could get her to the hospital 10 different ways.

If he's a critical patient, an ambulance isn't going to be waiting around.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Was he conscious when he was put in the ambulance? Could they at least relay that information so that people can get a grip of what is really going on? All the talking heads speculating is making it worse. 

I hate to say it, but not our business really. We are the afterthought here, and fairly so. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

This is a slight good news scenario.  No way doi they delay if he is still in dire straights - he would go to the hospital immediately 

I am terrified from my experience that if true that might be a truly awful sign. Praying you're right

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

It HAS happened before and to the Bills. 

Kevin Everett was injured and was saved due to doctors who had done research partly funded by Ralph Wilson.

I was first row 50 yard line for that game! I remember that, just terrible!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I’m hoping the fact they can wait for her is a good sign 

A glimmer of hope for sure

Idgaf about the outcome.  I'm just sending prayers to Hamlin. 

The reaction of the players. CPR.  This is unbelievable. Never seen anything like this. Even when Shazier got paralyzed

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That is not good.

I feel like it could be good news. Hopefully it means he is stable enough that they can wait on her. I don't feel like they would wait if they didn't feel comfortable doing so.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.