Poyer playing with torn meniscus

Dablitzkrieg

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Definitely do not pay him! He is not getting younger and constantly hurt. Hopefully we win it all this year and he walks away.

Why because we have someone younger and better who would take his place ?? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Have they gotten around to removing Poyers spleen yet…,

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Definitely do not pay him! He is not getting younger and constantly hurt. Hopefully we win it all this year and he walks away.

Agreed but I would like to see him for another year or two at a reasonable salary.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Agreed but I would like to see him for another year or two at a reasonable salary.

If he signs a 1-2 year deal then yes. But if he is looking for a 4-5 year deal with guaranteed  $$$ then we should pass. Most likely he will. Not worth it. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CheshireCT said:

Some NFL players unfortunately just get the shaft. If they aren't able to show themselves for the first FA contract, they never get paid the mega dollars. Poyer falls under that category. He deserves more, but his extension just didn't time out right. I think if he was going to sign an extension here, it would have already been done. I appreciate that he's stayed totally committed to the team despite the lack of extension.

SS is just not a very valuable position in today's NFL.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/strong-safety/

Poyer probably could've earned more on the open market rather than sign an extension with the Bills in 2020, but it's not like we're ripping the guy off. He's the #1 SS in the league this season by both cap hit and base salary. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I ran and played pivot sports for 2 months on a torn miniscus and torn MCL. Basketball players do it all the time. Eventually I tore everything ACL,MCL,PCL, bucket handle miniscus tear and had a fracture but I was also substantially older. Bottom line is miniscus is purely pain management in many cases. With the adrenaline he has playing this game, he probably only feels it a few times a game and afterwards. It’s likely not affecting his running much. 

Did you get a lifetime contract for playing with your niscus all torn like that?    I'm told Poyer should get whatever he asks for.

17 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

SS is just not a very valuable position in today's NFL.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/strong-safety/

Poyer probably could've earned more on the open market rather than sign an extension with the Bills in 2020, but it's not like we're ripping the guy off. He's the #1 SS in the league this season by both cap hit and base salary. 

good info, thanks!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.