Packers-Lions flexed to SNF

Big Blitz

7 minutes ago, CoffeeDrip said:

Bills play Sunday at 1. I’m ok with it.

A rare event this year. A Bills game at 1:00 Sunday. Even though I love the Bills getting primetime games, the 1:00 start on Sunday is my favorite time for a Bills game to start.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If the Bills lose tonight and KC wins on Saturday, then yes.

Also if the Bills win tonight and KC loses on Saturday

16 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Makes sense as this is a massive game.

NFL is drooling over the packers late season surge and potential for them to make the tourney and go on a deep playoff run, which I think is exactly what will happen if they beat Lions and get in.

GB is not going to the SB.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

it’s the right call.  Regardless of jags and titans, this is the most interesting game, with two exciting offenses.

edit: jags and titans on Saturday.  Ok, that works, too.

I haven’t paid much attention, but Isn’t there a chance that lions/packers means nothing if seattle wins at home vs the rams?

get ready for some away team ref cooking in seattle.  

the nfl would much rather the packers or lions make the playoffs rather than Seattle imo. 

5 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Won't the Lions be eliminated if the Seahawks beat the Rams ?

Think so

22 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Makes sense as this is a massive game.

NFL is drooling over the packers late season surge and potential for them to make the tourney and go on a deep playoff run, which I think is exactly what will happen if they beat Lions and get in.

Do they get in if they win?  Or do they need seattle to lose as well?  Which is why this matchup doesn’t make any sense for snf.  It could mean NADA

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I haven’t paid much attention, but Isn’t there a chance that lions/packers means nothing if seattle wins at home vs the rams?

get ready for some away team ref cooking in seattle.  

the nfl would much rather the packers or lions make the playoffs rather than Seattle imo. 

Think so

Do they get in if they win?  Or do they need seattle to lose as well?  Which is why this matchup doesn’t make any sense for snf.  It could mean NADA

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfc-playoff-clinching-scenarios-for-week-18-of-2022-nfl-season

If green bay wins they are in.  Seattle is in the 7th spot, but needs GB to lose.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfc-playoff-clinching-scenarios-for-week-18-of-2022-nfl-season

If green bay wins they are in.  Seattle is in the 7th spot, but needs GB to lose.

Oh dam….  Thanks. I wonder why they have seattle listed in the 7th spot.  How does that make sense if they have the same record

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Oh dam….  Thanks. I wonder why they have seattle listed in the 7th spot.  How does that make sense if they have the same record

A tiebreaker must flip the other way with wins by GB and Seattle next weekend. 

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

You know, New Era, maybe common opponents?

I don’t know, could be. I didn’t dig.

Figured it out. Detroit holds head to head tiebreaker over GB, but Seattle has the head to head over Detroit. If it were just between Seattle and GB then GB would be in the 7th slot. 

Edited by LeviF
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.