The Cheatriots*; from 7-6 to 8-8. A fly in the ointment

Sierra Foothills

15 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Remember that fumble in the end zone against Minnesota? That close to none of this mattering. 

Such a ridiculous play call and when it happened I knew it would haunt us at the end of the season. 

It was a guaranteed win with 41 seconds to go but nope that would have been too easy. 

Wait...what was the play call? The fumble was between the center-QB exchange. We never even saw the play. Are you saying it should have been a shotgun snap?

32 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Remember that fumble in the end zone against Minnesota? That close to none of this mattering. 

Such a ridiculous play call and when it happened I knew it would haunt us at the end of the season. 

It was a guaranteed win with 41 seconds to go but nope that would have been too easy. 

So was Cam Lewis batting ball down on 4th and a zillion miles, instead he was going for INT.

Maybe... Just maybe, Bills have unfinished business to accomplish on the road for the Football Gods to be appeased? 😉 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Let's say we win tomorrow. KC plays on Saturday in Vegas. Let's pretend something crazy happens and Vegas wins.

We go into Sunday knowing the 1 seed is ours. There is a possibility we rest starters. Or, we play starters and knock NE out. 

Thing is, I would much rather see NE down the road instead of Miami. 

There are pros/cons to resting starters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Let's say we win tomorrow. KC plays on Saturday in Vegas. Let's pretend something crazy happens and Vegas wins.

We go into Sunday knowing the 1 seed is ours. There is a possibility we rest starters. Or, we play starters and knock NE out. 

Thing is, I would much rather see NE down the road instead of Miami. 

There are pros/cons to resting starters. 

I dont think coaches think like that, not as the 1 seed. You dont play cute games to try and change who you draw. You do whats best for your team... could be rest starters. Could play them whole games, as to not get rusty over 2 weeks. Or, most likely, predetermined 2-3 drives on both sides, than yank em.

You only consider why which of the 3 is best for your team, and dont let a team preference sway you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I dont think coaches think like that, not as the 1 seed. You dont play cute games to try and change who you draw. You do whats best for your team... could be rest starters. Could play them whole games, as to not get rusty over 2 weeks. Or, most likely, predetermined 2-3 drives on both sides, than yank em.

You only consider why which of the 3 is best for your team, and dont let a team preference sway you.

From previous years I suspect the Bills start everyone and begin pulling people out at a certain point. I agree the risk of sitting everyone in week 18 with the bye as well is two weeks of not playing.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The Cheatriots; from 7-6 to 8-8. A fly in the ointment.

HOWEVER, they can still be a MAJOR pain in our asses... If they beat us next week they secure a wild card spot so they're guaranteed to be super motivated against us. On top of that if they make the playoffs they'll be sure to want to make their season by beating us in the playoffs.

If we beat Cinci tomorrow night, we'll have to decide how to approach week 18 vs NE based on the aforementioned situation

If we beat Cincinnati- there is no decision on how to play week 18 - you go all out and eliminate NE and secure the #1 seed.  Their motivation is irrelevant- the Bills win in Cincinnati they have to beat NE and let everything fall into place.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The Cheatriots; from 7-6 to 8-8. A fly in the ointment.

HOWEVER, they can still be a MAJOR pain in our asses... If they beat us next week they secure a wild card spot so they're guaranteed to be super motivated against us. On top of that if they make the playoffs they'll be sure to want to make their season by beating us in the playoffs.

If we beat Cinci tomorrow night, we'll have to decide how to approach week 18 vs NE based on the aforementioned situation

Sorry Patriots just don't scare me in the slightest!! Bring em on

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.