Bengals RB Joe Mixon reminds first-place Bills: 'We the big dog' of AFC

Billzgobowlin

On 12/31/2022 at 5:26 PM, Airseven said:

They’re the defending AFC champs, so I guess he’s technically right. That being said, I think we all know Chiefs are still the big dog.

So that means that the Rams are the big dog of the entire NFL?  Since they won the Super Bowl last year and all. 

On 12/31/2022 at 5:26 PM, Airseven said:
Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain

I'm honestly not surprised by all this chatter from the Bengals and it speaks volumes of their confidence level to put 'bulletin board' material out there ahead of this massive game tonight.

We really need to show up and play our A+ game just to have a chance in this one. Bengals are red hot and still think they are the best team in the entire NFL, let alone the AFC right now.

47 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

Bills haven’t faced an elite team since the Chiefs. I don’t care what is said pre game I think the Bengals will remind the Bills what the road is going to look like to the super bowl. Bengals by double digits tonight. 

Whoa slow down.

You're implying that every opponent we faced, after the Chiefs match up, are all stiffs. And that everything that we accomplished so far doesn't mean anything.

In case you haven't noticed, Josh Allen is playing injured. Yes, he's still injured.

There is no Von Miller.

Tre White just came back.

We have other injuries on defense.

What about the Thursday and Saturday games we played?

What about the snow blizzards and frozen tundra type weather we're training AND playing in?

We been playing playoff football ever since we got the number one seed. Every little detail is a big deal. Even the pre-game trash talking. The one who is the loudest and over confident is the one who usually loses. We'll see.

49 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm honestly not surprised by all this chatter from the Bengals and it speaks volumes of their confidence level to put 'bulletin board' material out there ahead of this massive game tonight.

We really need to show up and play our A+ game just to have a chance in this one. Bengals are red hot and still think they are the best team in the entire NFL, let alone the AFC right now.

That’s good news for us… you felt that way about the Dolphins!

I believe you said after we lost Week 3 that it was a changing of the guard in the AFCE… which I guess you were right… NE and MIA might flip flop 2nd and 3rd place :) 

56 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Nah, I'm more scared of the Dolphins. They're gonna run the league for years

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp566 said:

Bills haven’t faced an elite team since the Chiefs. I don’t care what is said pre game I think the Bengals will remind the Bills what the road is going to look like to the super bowl. Bengals by double digits tonight. 

I would hope a team who's players are proclaiming themselves the big dog in the AFC will give the Bills some playoff calibre competition.  Let them talk because after this game all the Bengals talking now gonna find they indeed became the loudest dogs in the AFC with all the bitching they will do

following the smackdown they will receive from the Bills.  

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

THANK GOD YOU ARE BACK.

Hey how’d your Dolphins do? We were all worried about you since you disappeared after their epic collapse

I was just posting in another thread how we needed some of your flat out laughable takes to lift the mood!

Bills by a Billion!

On 12/31/2022 at 8:18 PM, Caesar said:

There 50 posts on this board up in arms over pieces of quotes by Mixon.  I provided a link to the article and the full quotes.  Im trying to help your brethren stop looking so bad...
We play the Ravens twice a year every year - and they always have a tough defense.  I love your linebackers but neither are thumpers like Roquan Smith.  Mixon knows who has hit him and has always said the Ravens were the best he faced as a RB for a long time. It his opinion, not a slight to the Bills - this is the thinking of which I am referring.

You guys have a great defense with great linebackers.

Anyone who thinks Patrick Queen is a great linebacker is a joke. He’s awful. He plays like a FS with no intensity. Roquan however is awesome. I still think Milano is as good a hitter though. Our MLB is light years better than Queen though. 

5 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

So that means that the Rams are the big dog of the entire NFL?  Since they won the Super Bowl last year and all. 

Heading into the season, yes of course. And they’ve been knocked off that throne. Bengals and Chiefs are alive and well and aiming for the top seed in the conference. 

Hey, I’m quite sure McDermott has reminded the Bills that the Bengals are the Conference Champions. Not the Chiefs. Not the Bills.

The Bengals.

And the Bills will be prepared to play the reigning champions. They don’t need to be reminded by Mixon though throwing that bone into the soup pot won’t hurt.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Caesar said:

We have played the Ravens twice a year for decades -  tons of great LBs, kinda odd that hurt your feelings?  Bills have won the same number of SBs as the Bills...  again, for such a knowledgeable fanbase so many on here seem to be lacking.  Teams dont get to the SB on luck alone.  They did something the Bills couldnt last year, it was good to see both teams beat KC this season.  But the "lucky" take is kind of childish...

The fragility of a handful of you is surprising from such a tough blue collar fanbase...  good to see the majority on here are not like this.  Good luck tomorrow night, wont be difficult to know which posters have total meltdowns during the game, lol.  We have the same.

Come to a division that faced the Patriots for the past 20 years....  Bengals are good just not good to the point of talking trash.  When I say luck I do mean luck, no one saw them as anything better than a marginal team last year that snuck into the playoffs.  Must be depressing to go on an opponents board to get any type of joy out of life. 

18 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Actually Allen for the most part takes linebackers straight on and has been known to jump over them on occasion.  And Mixon is an idiot for saying anything contrary to "we respect them a lot and will need to bring our A game... " over and over again to each question... 

Not sure Allen is taking on Wilson or Pratt, in fact Josh said he was not going to try Wilson head on.  That said Josh is a tank and even as a Bengals fan I like watching him play.  His jumps are insanely athletic and crazy.

4 hours ago, Locomark said:

Anyone who thinks Patrick Queen is a great linebacker is a joke. He’s awful. He plays like a FS with no intensity. Roquan however is awesome. I still think Milano is as good a hitter though. Our MLB is light years better than Queen though. 

Queen is not close to Smith or either Bills LB.

4 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Come to a division that faced the Patriots for the past 20 years....  Bengals are good just not good to the point of talking trash.  When I say luck I do mean luck, no one saw them as anything better than a marginal team last year that snuck into the playoffs.  Must be depressing to go on an opponents board to get any type of joy out of life. 

This is the unearned superiority a few of you have.  A "marginal team" that went to the SB, that same exact team now battling the Bills for the #1 seed..?  Perhaps "surprising team" would be better to describe last season and "solid team" this year?   The superiority and lack of respect is odd given the success of the 2 teams this season and last, not to mention neither has a ring...?

9 minutes ago, Caesar said:

This is the unearned superiority a few of you have.  A "marginal team" that went to the SB, that same exact team now battling the Bills for the #1 seed..?  Perhaps "surprising team" would be better to describe last season and "solid team" this year?   The superiority and lack of respect is odd given the success of the 2 teams this season and last, not to mention neither has a ring...?

The Buffalo Bills are indisputably the greatest professional sports franchise in the history of this or any other Galaxy. I will not stand for this insolence on a Buffalo Bills message board, how dare you.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.