Bills fans everywhere in NYC.

npeartisgod

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you recall, back then at least "half the damned country" collectively groaned "christ, not again" when the Bills made it to their 4th SB.....so, maybe not.

While some of it was disdain, in my experience nearly as much or more was the wincing empathy of not wanting to see the team and its fanbase get crushed yet again if they failed, which most of the country outside of WYN and it's transplants was anticipating. Win even one of the four and I don't think the reaction would have been the same.

5 minutes ago, transient said:

While some of it was disdain, in my experience nearly as much or more was the wincing empathy of not wanting to see the team and its fanbase get crushed yet again if they failed, which most of the country outside of WYN and it's transplants was anticipating. Win even one of the four and I don't think the reaction would have been the same.

if they won one yeah I agree. But it was predominantly disdain.  People were hoping for a different matchup for sure.  Most weren’t worried about the damaged  psyche of WNY…

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

I can’t wear a Bills shirt anywhere in Greenville, South Carolina or the Atlanta metro area without getting multiple “Go Bills”.  

Same goes for people I know in Raleigh/Charlotte.. and down into South Florida. 

I still remember how many Bills fans showed up to the joint practice with the Panthers a few years ago.  It literally made the local news. 

One of the best things about going to road games is watching Bills fans take over other teams stadiums. Some more than others, obviously, but I love how our crowd travels to see our team!

One of good things about people leaving WNY is that if you live somewhere else, you might be able to get a good pizza from someone who left and opened a shop near you!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Nice!!! Did you get a chance to catch any of the other shows in the run? 

I did last nite show...I took the train from DC to Penn-Grand Central yesterday...ran up the steps...got a couple slices of pizza...inhaled them while walking into the Garden...sat in the upper deck...saw Phish for second time...and Trey for the third (TAB-Goose at GMU week before XAMS)...ran down the train and took the overnite redeye choo-chooback to DC...just woke up...blaze on...you enjoy myself..at least you tweezer and reprise tonite !

Just did a round trip drive from  Vero beach Fla to Rochester NY and back, Bills fans in every state and several in Buckies rest stops 😁👍 we’re here we’re there, we’re every Fing where!

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I went to a Bills game at McFaddens in NYC  and it was a line to get in until it was full capacity. Inside they had an all you could eat wings special. And they were decent wings! Great times with great fans

we are EVERYWHERE

3 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

I did last nite show...I took the train from DC to Penn-Grand Central yesterday...ran up the steps...got a couple slices of pizza...inhaled them while walking into the Garden...sat in the upper deck...saw Phish for second time...and Trey for the third (TAB-Goose at GMU week before XAMS)...ran down the train and took the overnite redeye choo-chooback to DC...just woke up...blaze on...you enjoy myself..at least you tweezer and reprise tonite !

That's awesome and I bet there were a bunch of people who wished that they were able to take a train to get to NYC from where they were with the southwest cluster going on!

Wait, was your first show Merriweather this summer? Did you get an If I Could in each of your first two shows you lucky jerk?!?!

Pretty much the only song I'm chasing (not sure why other than it's amazing) and I missed it by one night this summer (was at Raleigh the night before MPP). I've seen them I think 32 times and that was the closest I came other than when they played it in Worcester for the summer 2012 tour opener, but i had moved from Boston to Ft Lauderdale that January so wasnt there.

I saw them 8 times each in 2009 and 2010 while living in boston, then only once in 2011 cause I got married that summer, and then moved to Ft Lauderdale in Jan 2012 and basically stopped seeing them for a while (dont be too sad, a lot of good live music in south Florida, especially in the winter/early spring, and there is a huge dead scene down there and a couple incredible dead tributes, but big shows don't typically make it down there too often). 

Live in Raleigh now though and there is so much music to go within a five hour drive, it's crazy...five hour drive from Ft Lauderdale gets you still in Florida.

Forget about me, hope you had fun!!!

I absolutely love TAB, so much fun (and back to me)...my first show since Feb 2022 (that was a Heavy Pets show in Boca, which if you haven't checked out The Heavy Pets, you're welcome) was TAB in Wilmington and they opened with Drifting...I am a much much better person when I have live music in my life and I definitely had some tears in that moment.

Edited by HardyBoy
32 times not 43 times

2 minutes ago, Success said:

NYC is Bills territory.  It's not 100% Bills territory - but Bills fans can call it home.

My buddy who lives in Blauvelt tells me about dealing with THE most insufferable jests fans at  his job. The Bills-jests  smack  talk is brutal.  Heap Big piles of it. Ugly scene at the water cooler just sayin. The worst.

9 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I got moved pretty close to the front for the NYE ball drop some years ago because of my hat, but I had to pee and leave the pen so we left. If I had to guess 60% of NYPD are Bills fans. I've learned more about the city from an officer seeing my hat and the conversations after than anywhere else. 

Should have just peed your pants.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

That's awesome and I bet there were a bunch of people who wished that they were able to take a train to get to NYC from where they were with the southwest cluster going on!

Wait, was your first show Merriweather this summer? Did you get an If I Could in each of your first two shows you lucky jerk?!?!

Pretty much the only song I'm chasing (not sure why other than it's amazing) and I missed it by one night this summer (was at Raleigh the night before MPP). I've seen them I think 32 times and that was the closest I came other than when they played it in Worcester for the summer 2012 tour opener, but i had moved from Boston to Ft Lauderdale that January so wasnt there.

I saw them 8 times each in 2009 and 2010 while living in boston, then only once in 2011 cause I got married that summer, and then moved to Ft Lauderdale in Jan 2012 and basically stopped seeing them for a while (dont be too sad, a lot of good live music in south Florida, especially in the winter/early spring, and there is a huge dead scene down there and a couple incredible dead tributes, but big shows don't typically make it down there too often). 

Live in Raleigh now though and there is so much music to go within a five hour drive, it's crazy...five hour drive from Ft Lauderdale gets you still in Florida.

Forget about me, hope you had fun!!!

I absolutely love TAB, so much fun (and back to me)...my first show since Feb 2022 (that was a Heavy Pets show in Boca, which if you haven't checked out The Heavy Pets, you're welcome) was TAB in Wilmington and they opened with Drifting...I am a much much better person when I have live music in my life and I definitely had some tears in that moment.

yeah did the first Merriweather show - the day after the Friday Raleigh show..I had Sunday tickets but it rained so I sold the tickets...glad I did TAB-Goose (2 miles from the house) on a sold-out colledge campus...Billy Strings walked-ob and played several songs as well...for the encore everyone came out...there were 16 on stage for 30 minutes...I want them to play Hampton again, they are due...Hampton Comes Alive...btw..check out Goose...they are pretty darn good...happy new year

I think this is the Josh Allen effect. He has become must see TV for football fans. He has a humble personality and his highlights like no one else in the game. He’s the ultimate underdog story. What couch potato fan doesn’t dream of being able to play like Allen? And with red white and blue as their colors, why not root for them?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.