If Somehow Hyde Returns, We Win The Super Bowl

Dick_Cheney

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

No, it’s never been done. It ain’t the injury, it’s the type of surgery required to fix it and since he had the ACDF as opposed to the ADR procedure, the minimum recovery time is six months for the spinal bone grafts to properly fuse. 

How do you know which procedure he had, I have seen nothing. Just speculation.maybe I missed it.

20 minutes ago, johndhall1 said:

How do you know which procedure he had, I have seen nothing. Just speculation.maybe I missed it.

Still not entirely confirmed, but this article does believe it's the ACDF repair. Which requires a 6-9 month recovery.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-safety-micah-hyde-surgery-timetable-jordan-poyer-tredavious-white

Hyde will probably be able to do just about anything short of contact, but worst case scenario, assuming a full recovery, is that he will be full go, sometime around TC for 2023.

Tbh, if I'm the Bills, I'm not looking at any scenario where he has contact until TC, at the earliest. There's simply no need.

The veteran that he is, he will be more than capable of doing all of the walk throughs etc. until such time as clearance comes, and it's probably not happening until we've had the mandatory OTAs etc. anyway.

While he has been sorely missed, the timing of his surgery, looks to work out nicely, to have him back firing on all cylinders, for the start of next season.

• Agree 1

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills make the SB that Hyde gets activated, Stamkos-like, just to appear in the game.  I don't think that they are counting on him walking in the first playoff game to be a full time starter for the playoffs.

2 hours ago, johndhall1 said:

Every media report after his surgery suggested a recovery time of 6-9 months which indicates he had the ACDF procedure. If those reports are inaccurate and he had the ADR instead, then we are at the required 3 month recovery mark, which might explain the hopeful rhetoric from Hyde recently. 

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

An injuried player out for the season is better than a fit player?

Yes.  

12 hours ago, KHAN said:

How about a paralyzed Hyde?

A double amputee Hyde is better than Hamlin. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

So much of it is luck as we were a squib kick away from hosting an AFC Championship game last year.  The Chiefs almost choked in the Divisional round in 2020 beating the Browns by five.  Browns win that and they travel to Buffalo for the AFC Championship game.   You can debate all you want which of the last three seasons we had the best roster but our current roster as constructed has as good of chance as any in the league.  Having Hyde back (while not an absolute must) would slightly increase our chances.

I agree with everything you are saying.  OP just acting like it's some guarantee.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.