What song gets you pumped up for Bills football?

major

4 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

You might not like the genre, which totally fine, but that band is full of extremely talented, prodigy musicians who are incredible at improvising and what they are playing is really hard.

They also sell out multi-show runs at Red Rocks in minutes and have won Grammy awards (like the real musician grammy awards, not the ones awarded based mostly on overall record sales, radio play and marketing).

Hey to each their own mang! Certainly not going to get me pumped for a Bills game. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

I'm listening to a lot of Billy Strings these days as well. The energy that this song brings (Away From the Mire) and the lyrics about promises not coming through and still persevering. 

Edit: Don't be thrown off by the somewhat chilled out start and the acoustic instuements...this song doesn't have the big distortion, but it brings it once it gets going.

Billy’s awesome!

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/30/2022 at 6:47 PM, major said:

Josh Allen gets pumped up for Bills football by listening to Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr, and Elvis.

Ive heard Josh actually say he listens to all of them to calm him down, get rid of the sugar rush so to speak before the game.  I get the spirit of the post though not trying to diminish that 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/31/2022 at 1:47 AM, major said:

Josh Allen gets pumped up for Bills football by listening to Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr, and Elvis. 

I get pumped up for Bills football with a new song by “the mountain goats”: training montage.

I’m sure many will say “shout” but I’m curious what your go to Bills song is.

Your choices will help me at the gym (I need a new playlist). Go Bills!

You need a song to get pumped up for Bills games?  This is a very bad sign.

• Dislike 1

this was 90's old school music I remember listening to during the super bowl runs.  It IS fun to dance to. This was on spin in Jim Kellys basement for sure 🙂

apologies to anyone who detests rap.-m  

The old Bills song tapes from the 1990's.  The parody of "Day-o" always gets me going.

The reason?

In January 1991, my then-GF dumped me right before the playoffs, in part because she was annoyed that I wanted to watch Bills and Sabres games instead of watching "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (which I hated and still hate) with her.  I can still hear her telling me, "no other guy I have dated liked sports -- especially like you do."  I wore the pom pom from the 1988 playoff game against Houston the entire week in my red, white, and blue tie-dyed turban the entirety of Super Bowl week.

I decided to come back to Buffalo for the game.  Just outside of Wayne Gretzky-Villegas, erm, Brantford, Ontario, "Day-o" came on.  It was at that point that I felt that getting dumped had been for the best for both of us and I truly caught Super Bowl Fever.

Day-o.  (Day-o)

Me say "Day-o."  (Me say, "Day-o.")

Buffalo's going to the Super Bowl.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.