What song gets you pumped up for Bills football?

major

That was easy during the 17 year drought.

Darkness imprisoning me, I cannot see, absolute horror, land mines (patriots) have taken my sight, absolute horror, I cannot live, I cannot die, etc..

Pretty much how I felt for those 17 years.  Now what, maybe..

McBeane has made us free birds.  

Seriously it’s so subjective.

• Thank you (+1) 1

When I went to a few Bills games in the early 2000's they used to play the heavily sanitized/clean version of this song during the games at the Ralph whenever the Bills had a decent play. Because the Bills were so horrible in that era, the song would usually be followed by the stadium announcer then announcing in very deadpan style , " Colts ( or whatever visiting team)  50 yard pass completed for a Touchdown" or some other big play. The song is as terrible as the Bills were!  The song was supposed to pump the fans and team up but failed as badly as the Bills.  In any case, it makes me appreciate how far we have come from the joke that we were just 6 years ago!

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That was like a 10 minute long, 75% rpm, banjo version of Yakkity Sax.    Brutal.

You're comparing Billy Strings (especially that song to yakety sax)...opinions are one thing, but that's quite a take for sure! 

He actually has a metal background (I'm assuming you're into death metal). All good, like what you like. I actually didn't really appreciate metal until fairly recently. They play really fast, which is cool and what I appreciate, though I personally prefer silent spaces in the rhythm and I have a really hard time finding nuance within metal, like where's the dynamics?... I'm sure it's there, but it just sounds like all 16th and 32nd notes non-stop.

See, youve hurt my sense of self by what you said, so now I need to give you my arbitrary non-credential credentials! I've been to multiple hundreds of concerts big and small in my life, I love live music as much as anything, I played instruments in school from first to 9th grade, I have been playing guitar for the last almost 10 years (I'm 39), I appreciate how fun it is to play with a distortion pedal and I feel like I have a good ear for music across genre, but if I'm going to go on the heavier side of things I more prefer more musically interesting stuff (Rage is very interesting, but there are gaps in the sound vs death metal).

I'm open to learning I'm wrong, but man your billy strings take is a take. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, major said:

Josh Allen gets pumped up for Bills football by listening to Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr, and Elvis. 

I get pumped up for Bills football with a new song by “the mountain goats”: training montage.

I’m sure many will say “shout” but I’m curious what your go to Bills song is.

Your choices will help me at the gym (I need a new playlist). Go Bills!

Thanks for reminding me of the new album, I borrowed the cd from the library and loaded it on my computer and put it on my phone and somehow forgot about it.

Listening to the album now in my music room.

• Like (+1) 1

This is one that always gets me pumped even just driving down the road & i have always wanted this to be the song the Bills used when bringing the Bills out on the field this song just freakin ROCKS & if you don't get pumped listening to this you need to go get your vitals checked just saying !! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.