Cole situation

Italian Bills

4 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

They’re ramping him up for the playoffs. He’ll get more targets this week and more against NE. 

Definitely ramping him up, but I’m not sure that he plays vs CIN and NE. Only 1 “ free “ callup left for Cole so my guess is he plays this week and sits vs NE 

6 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

What do you think about the Cole situation at the moment ? 

He’s got very few snaps till now, why ? Maybe he’s not ready enough ? Maybe they don’t see it good anymore ? It could be that he lost his speed ? Honestly i would love to see him more involved, because i still think that he’s one of the most talented slot player in the game. 

We need more slants and jet sweeps or short curls in our passing game, do you agree ? And i still think Cole could be our best weapon. 

Josh has mentioned a lot of the formations and concepts that were used specifically due to him on the field were basically removed from the offense…

Now that he’s back, you have to get all the players on the same sheet of music, not just Beasley….

I imagine the slot will start to warm up the next couple games leading to the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Both Cole and Smoke were desperation moves (smart desperation moves but moves made out of desperation) and given that both guys were off the scrap head I think they are just working both of them in slowly for a playoff run esp Cole who has more of a niche in the offense as there really is no true slot WR on the team.

This, and I'm not sure why it has to be something more. Why cant it happen organically? 

Edited by gobills1212

13 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Cole and Smoke each have one more call up before having to be signed to the 53.  So I bet each one plays one of our remaining 2 games.  Call ups are unlimited in playoffs so should be all set after the season.

Personally, I think we're giving teams more run to look at right now but we'll switch it up for the playoffs.

I agree, Jay, but just a reminder to everyone, unlimited call ups per player, but they get only two call ups per game.  Fine if they are just these two, but you never know.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

What do you think about the Cole situation at the moment ? 

He’s got very few snaps till now, why ? Maybe he’s not ready enough ? Maybe they don’t see it good anymore ? It could be that he lost his speed ? Honestly i would love to see him more involved, because i still think that he’s one of the most talented slot player in the game. 

We need more slants and jet sweeps or short curls in our passing game, do you agree ? And i still think Cole could be our best weapon. 

“lost his speed”? Cole was never speedy. He ran a 4.5 40 and that was over a decade ago. He runs precise routes and finds holes in zone defenses. That’s his value. He probably has to knock off some rust too. 

They wouldn’t have signed him if they thought he couldn’t contribute at all. You should probably just calm down and see what happens.

• Like (+1) 5

9 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

The offense has changed from last year, so he needs to get up to speed, all while the team is focused on each next game, even though he used to be in the team it was under Daboll.

Considering you are an Italian Bills fan, think of getting a new guy up to speed like this...

It's like cooking risotto, you can't rush it or it doesn't come out right, and no matter how quick you want to cook it you need to take your time.  You got your broth simmering, which is our playbook, then you got the risotto which is Beasley. 

First we need to put some oil in the pan and cook some shallots or whatever else you want to go in. You get that going in the pan first -- that's calling his agent for a deal. 

Next, we add the aborio rice and toast it, this is getting Beasley acclimated to the staff and his new team mates. 

Now we got the broth simmering, the playbook. We can't add it all at once,  we need to scoop it in ladel by ladel, and we need to keep mixing the rice (which is the equivalent of practice). After about 40+ minutes of ladeling in broth (playbook) a cup at a time while mixing (practice), we are looking good. 

Now we add in some fresh chopped parsley and some parmagiano-reggiano or whatever else, which will be the new game plan installs of his role,  and boom we are ready. 

At this point in time I suspect we are still adding broth and mixing. 

I think the staff will have him ready to go as a matchup dependent role player for playoffs. 

Buon appetito!

I'm starving now.

Edited by TAinLA
Spelling
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm curious why or how you think his Run Blocking is atrocious??

Can you present some evidence??

His most active game and we have a tremendous rushing night

I'm not being rude I'm just curious..

They've shown a couple highlights on him having poor blocking in games and if you watch him you'll see him struggle.

15 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

They’re ramping him up for the playoffs. He’ll get more targets this week and more against NE. 

He can only be elevated for one more regular season game. I'd assume that'll be this week as Cincinnati's linebackers are a weak spot and that's a matchup Cole can exploit.

10 hours ago, Airseven said:

Cole was signed as a familiar yet desperate move. Low risk, low reward. The guy is out of shape and slow to the point of recently retiring. Anyone who thought he was going to play high snaps with impact right away is nuts.

Congrats, I respectively disagree  with everything....

• Haha (+1) 2

16 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Cole and Smoke each have one more call up before having to be signed to the 53.  So I bet each one plays one of our remaining 2 games.  Call ups are unlimited in playoffs so should be all set after the season.

Personally, I think we're giving teams more run to look at right now but we'll switch it up for the playoffs.

Amazing to me we brought back in John Brown.

He hasnt caught a ball since he left the Bills in 2020.  I remember when he first came here, compared to the rest of the talent we had up until Diggs, it was so unusual for the Bills to have a legit #1 WR.  A reminder of how far this team has come in a very short time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.