Chris Simms says whoever Tre is covering will be open

Einstein

Did people really expect Tre to be back to his old form this quickly?

All things considered, I think he looks pretty good out there and will slowly get better.

I think Frazier/McD recognize his current limitations and will put him in a position to succeed. They saw he got smoked by Hill and was a littte slow to what should have been an interception on Fields.

Still, he’s better at 75% than any other CBs we’ve currently got on the roster and I expect he will get better and better.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 97bills said:

Yea I saw this last night , and simms rarely talks down about Buffalo. But it is different from what we’re used to hearing about white. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say go after 27. Maybe he isn’t 💯 yet, or he never will be. I don’t no !!! But I do no one thing every CB will be tested in this game. This is we’re we need von , if our young guys can’t get there it might be a long game. I would love to see Ed destroy the middle. GO Bills 

I hope Kingsley Jonathan is dressing again over Basham.  He played well against Chicago.  And looks to have a lot more juice then Basham.  And maybe the late sack by AJ Epenesa will get him going.  I think we also need to blitz some.  Burrow is not much of a scrambler, and if we get in his face play after play he will get rattled.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

I really respect Chris Simms as he is the anti-average-talking-head-that-vomits-words-out-of-his-mouth type of analyst, so i’m a little concerned. Has Tre been that bad!?

Tre is still a bit apprehensive in regards to putting 100% on that knee. 

Understandable considering. 

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

I really respect Chris Simms as he is the anti-average-talking-head-that-vomits-words-out-of-his-mouth type of analyst, so i’m a little concerned. Has Tre been that bad!?

CS statements are there to create clicks just like everyone else, the difference is that he isn’t as totally obnoxious as say, the Bills fans favorite pundit NW, all these guys do this for a living, so verbiage is the tool to get clicks, which equals $money$, SSDD, more hype equals more cha Ching.

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

CS statements are there to create clicks just like everyone else, the difference is that he isn’t as totally obnoxious as say, the Bills fans favorite pundit NW, all these guys do this for a living, so verbiage is the tool to get clicks, which equals $money$, SSDD, more hype equals more cha Ching.

GO BILLS!!!

Yea, but if you constantly post garbage, no body will click

I know I won't 

2 hours ago, djp14150 said:

It takes time to recover from such an injury.  This comment is crap.

Read your first sentence over again.  Then consider Simms' observation given your first sentence. 

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

I think Simms is more of a Josh Allen fan than a Bills fan.  He seems to have soured (like a lot here) on the Bills offensive roster.

If you asked a lot of NFL pundits, I'm confident they' respond the same way about how Buffalo's offense has been built.  They papered over personnel issues and still haven't given Josh what KC and CIN gave their franchise QB's.  

Edited by BillsVet
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Tre is getting better every week. He had a very serious knee injury. Rehab does not  include facing NFL receivers, so he is getting better as he faces stiff competition. Chris Simms, a career backup QB who’s claim to fame is being Phil’s son , has an opinion just like any football fan. He’s telling us throw at Tre White instead of Jackson or Elam. If Tre is cleared to play, I’m staying away from him if I’m an opponent OC. I watch all the games and I was analytical about Bills football before Chris’s dad was in elementary school. I don’t take any of these self styled experts seriously. They’re sensationalist entertainers.

4 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

Personally I’m shocked that he isn’t dominating in his first couple of weeks back from an ACL. Nah not really. This should provide Tre some excellent motivation. That’s good for the Bills.

why would he need motivation?  and why would this provide it?

15 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Tre is getting better every week. He had a very serious knee injury. Rehab does not  include facing NFL receivers, so he is getting better as he faces stiff competition. Chris Simms, a career backup QB who’s claim to fame is being Phil’s son , has an opinion just like any football fan. He’s telling us throw at Tre White instead of Jackson or Elam. If Tre is cleared to play, I’m staying away from him if I’m an opponent OC. I watch all the games and I was analytical about Bills football before Chris’s dad was in elementary school. I don’t take any of these self styled experts seriously. They’re sensationalist entertainers.

you've been doing football analytics for over 60 years?

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

No he has not. Chris Simms often makes ridiculous claims. Maybe he wants attention, I don't know. But whatever it is, I don't care. I have never put much credence in what Chris Simms says. 

Tre has been close to getting his hands on a few INTs…. 

he is not looking like a bum out there you can attack at will… 

if burrow tries to attack Tre too much he will make him pay …. Tre is playing aggressive and with confidence even if he has given up a few plays 

Tre is as much a mental corner as he is a physical one… he is a habitual film watcher and has great feel for route concepts 

His brains put his body in the right position

And I think Joe will realize he cannot attack him on Monday night

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

We literally always play in a 4-2-5 alignment (well ok, 99% of the time) :)

I’m hoping we mix in some 3-2-6 looks this game- only rushing 3.  There were some stats posted showing burrow is among the worst vs 3 man rushes and has among the most attempts.  It would be great if Rousseau could have his nationally televised coming out party and singlehandedly wreck the bengals pass protection.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Yea, but if you constantly post garbage, no body will click

I know I won't 

That is true, hence the not obnoxious part of my post CS is generally one of the better talking heads.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.