Battle-Tested Playoff Teams (Bills, Bengals, Chargers...and then Chiefs)

BuffaloBaumer

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

As a perennial contender, the Chiefs as a team are “battle-tested” despite whatever aspects of their schedule you’d like to point out this season. More to the point, Mahomes + Reid still pose the greatest obstacle no matter what.

Those 2 beat up on the rest of the league, but not against their 2 biggest hurdles in the playoffs. Since week 5 last year KC is 1-5 when facing Allen and Burrow and they shouldn't have won the 1 game they did. 4 of those 6 games were played at Arrowhead stadium(both Cincy reg. season games were on the road). They're not scaring Buffalo or Cincy this year, if anything they scare KC. 

Imo KC needs home field advantage the most between Buffalo, Cincy & KC. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I’ll add that the Chiefs have yet to face true adversity as their top 7 players have been relatively healthy (Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, Gay, Bolton, Thuney, Humphrey). Any game KC may see one of these players go down which could severely limit their outlook. 

The Bills have (Allen, Diggs, Hyde, Poyer, Miller, Morse). Of which only Allen & Diggs have stayed healthy enough to play every game. Add in Milano & Edmunds both of whom lost games to injury. We have been more challenged on the injury front, testing our depth and grit. 

9 hours ago, zow2 said:

All those teams have flaws, including Buffalo.  I hope the Bills win on MNF and get the #1 seed, but I'm not going to be bummed out if they don't.  They are a very good road team overall and I'm sure can win one or two if necessary.

Buffalo Bills playoff history going back decades says they can’t win two on the road in the playoffs (other than 1992 season so far). 

Edited by Billznut

11 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I think it is safe to say that the Bills are by FAR the most battle-tested team of 2022. Between the injuries, the weather, relocation, the compact schedule of 3 games and strength of schedule, they have weathered the storm. I would say the Chargers have also done an incredible job of getting through their injuries as well. Cinci for sure has had some nice victories and weathered their own storm when they lost Chase for 6 weeks.

That leads me to the Chiefs....Mahomes will always pose a threat but man, did this team get the breaks this year with the AFC West and now closing out the season with Broncos and Raiders (Minus Carr). The Chiefs are going to run into a brick wall when they eventually have to face a Bengals or Bills team in Round 2. If KC gets the 1 seed, their path will once again be the one of least resistance. We all know how big the Bengals game is Monday night and for me, it's going to be torture knowing what truly is on the line. It's going to feel like an AFC Championship game because I really feel it will foreshadow what happens in a month. 

My main point of this thread is to point out that KC is going to get a pretty massive reality check in the playoffs and I really hope we are the ones to deliver it in Orchard Park.

The Chiefs aren't battle tested??? You realize football existed before this season, right?

They are probably the MOST battle tested team in the AFC. Unlike any of those other teams they have actually won a Super Bowl and they have been to two.  They have played in more big games, heck they have won more big games than all 3 other the others combined have even played in. 

This is silly. Someone needs a reality check all right 😄

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Am I missing something? I’m only seeing KC and Fins(minus Tua). 

You're not, he probably got that stat a couple weeks ago. Bengals have 2 wins vs 500+ teams. 

But it isn't like that means much, the Bills only have 3 wins vs 500+ teams. They beat Baltimore, KC, and Miami.

Bengals have 1 more game after us vs winning team, Baltimore week 18... this is our last hand vs a winning team as we play the crapbox Patriots next week. 

3 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

The Chiefs aren't battle tested??? You realize football existed before this season, right?

They are probably the MOST battle tested team in the AFC. Unlike any of those other teams they have actually won a Super Bowl and they have been to two.  They have played in more big games, heck they have won more big games than all 3 other the others combined have even played in. 

This is silly. Someone needs a reality check all right 😄

Uh, you do realize this is NOT the same Chiefs team?

• Dislike 1

The Chiefs seem to muddle through the season and turn it on in the playoffs. Of course, they don't have Tyreek Hill anymore, so we'll see. But it would be foolish to think they are not one of the most dangerous teams in the NFL, if not THE most dangerous.

But the Chiefs and Bengals feel the same way about the Bills too. All three teams know that the other two are going to be a huge challenge in the playoffs.

17 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve never bought into the Chiefs mystique. They’ve hosted four straight AFC Championship games and only won two of them. They then played in two Super Bowls and only one they won they needed a last minute comeback to get after trailing the entire game. Are they a good team…yes. Are they a great team….no. 

You realise that in the modern NFL hosting 4 straight Championship games is pretty incredible, right?

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve never bought into the Chiefs mystique. They’ve hosted four straight AFC Championship games and only won two of them. They then played in two Super Bowls and only one they won they needed a last minute comeback to get after trailing the entire game. Are they a good team…yes. Are they a great team….no. 

I've never seen someone contort so extremely to try to turn an amazing accomplishment into a negative. EVERY year that Mahomes has played in the NFL they've gone to the conference championship. If you think that isn't a mark of a great team, I'm not sure your opinion holds much water.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.