ESPN power rankings

Italian Bills

Which then begs the question....is the AFC being overrated in terms of how strong the conference is at the top?  

Sure, Buffalo is ranked 1st in both by relatively wide margins, but the next 3 teams are all NFC teams....Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys in some order.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Exactly.  How do people get themselves worked up over this kind of stuff?  At the end of the day, all that matters is wins and losses and setting yourself up to win the big game.  

It's the joke that always puts things into perspective for me.  What do you call the person that graduated last place in medical school? Doctor.

Like you said, all that matters is winning or losing.

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

They're a 12-3 team just like us. I don't personally see an issue. Ya we beat them early but we did last year as well.

I think a rematch comes down to both of our running gms.

KC has Pacheo and McKinnon playing great and we have Motor and Cook.

The difference?

We run better. They pass better, to our backs..

Mahomes is more inclined to take that check down vs Allen who is super aggressive.  Keep being aggressive but 17 has to take them check downs when available and let his backs do the rest

His year to date is the same as it was last year and when the playoffs started we all saw a different Josh. It's crazy how similar his numbers are, they're nearly identical:

Yards - 2021 - 4,404

2022 - 4,029

Completion % - 2021 -  63.3

2022 - 63.4

YPA - 2021 - 6.8

2022 - 7.5

TDs - 2021 - 36

2022 - 32       

INTs - 2021 - 15

2022 - 13

QB Rating - 2021 - 92.2

2022 - 96.1

QBR - 2021 - 66.3

2022 - 70.5

Rushing Atts. - 2021 - 122

2022 - 115

Rushing Yds - 2021 - 763

2022 - 746

YPC - 2021 - 6.3

2022 - 6.5

Rushing Tds - 2021 - 6

2022 - 7 

Rushing FD - 2021 - 53

2022 -52

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

This italian lived pro sports (soccer, basketball, baseball, hockey, ski, tennis, cycling, football, motors, etc) since when he was 7/8 years old. 

My comment was a joke about how over here, Italian-Americans have a reputation for being a very fiery, excitable and expressive people.

14 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Lol, I'm an eye-talian myself, so I know the deal.  Guess I've just learned to tame that beast in my middle age.

I can identify with 100% of this post. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Power rankings are filler. But I like them for flexibility and driving debate about what exactly one's "power" equation includes. It's fun to juggle record, recency, and projection. 

As for the OP, Chiefs are #1 because they have Mahomes and Eagles are #2 because they have the best record.

Edited by Airseven

One thing going for Mahomes is no matter how bad KC is playing. You don’t want to face them in a 1 score game as Mahomes is good at making plays when they need them. Seems like a lot of times KC is a team that plays with their prey before putting them out of their misery which results in a number of close games. 

44 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

The more controversial they can make it the more people will click and talk about it.  It’s meaningless. 

This right here ^^^

why in the world do folk not understand that this the case with all head lines???? It’s so obvious. Critical thinking is a thing to be pursued. 

7 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

His year to date is the same as it was last year and when the playoffs started we all saw a different Josh. It's crazy how similar his numbers are, they're nearly identical:

Yards - 2021 - 4,404

2022 - 4,029

Completion % - 2021 -  63.3

2022 - 63.4

YPA - 2021 - 6.8

2022 - 7.5

TDs - 2021 - 36

2022 - 32       

INTs - 2021 - 15

2022 - 13

QB Rating - 2021 - 92.2

2022 - 96.1

QBR - 2021 - 66.3

2022 - 70.5

Rushing Atts. - 2021 - 122

2022 - 115

Rushing Yds - 2021 - 763

2022 - 746

YPC - 2021 - 6.3

2022 - 6.5

Rushing Tds - 2021 - 6

2022 - 7 

Rushing FD - 2021 - 53

2022 -52

Well that's some pretty good consistency.

Now let's get him an oline and a true #2 wr.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Doesn’t matter.  We’re both 12-3 and they’re giving the edge to the QB who’s been to the SB multiple times and has a ring.  If the Bills go all the way they’ll get the same benefit of the doubt.

All true, but this is the regular season rankings and with winning 6 in a row Buffalo is the hotter team.

Plus just 2 & 3 weeks ago the Chiefs were up 27-0 against the Broncos, Wilson starts to bring them back, but gets hurt. Their backup comes in and makes it a 34-28 game in the 4th. The Broncos actually had 2 possessions to try & win the game. This against a team that is so bad they fired their coach mid-season.

The next week they followed that game up with getting taken to OT & winning a squeaker against a 1 win team.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

25 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Which then begs the question....is the AFC being overrated in terms of how strong the conference is at the top?  

Sure, Buffalo is ranked 1st in both by relatively wide margins, but the next 3 teams are all NFC teams....Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys in some order.

It has swung that way as the season has progressed. 3 of the 4 top offenses are in the AFC. Defense is different.

Defense:

49ers

Cowboys

Eagles

Bills (injuries to Hyde and Miller)

Cincy

KC

The NFC has two-three of the top defensive teams that can turn a game on its head. Dallas and SF can get turnovers and score on defense. None of the top 3 AFC teams can do likewise with the same consistency. Philly and Buffalo have 'suffocating' defense when they play best, but they depend on the other team losing patience, or the offense to run up the score and force the opposition away from their game plan. If Buffalo had Hyde and Von Miller as planned, maybe Buffalo would be in the 'score on defense' ability. Philly/ Buffalo/ Cincy and KC defense is predicted on their offenses forcing pressure on the other team. Dallas and SF can force their will defensively.

I would put Cincy and then KC as last among the top 6 teams in the ability for the defense to impact the game independently of the offense.

Among the AFC I would still have to put our D#1 among the top 3 teams. That can help get past KC or Cincy in an AFC playoff run. It would be easier with Miller or Hyde. Should the Bills run the gauntlet of the AFC, thankfully they only have to play one of those nasty NFC defenses.

I say forget the analysts.

They don’t say anything you don’t already know. You get basic ex-player analysis which usually ends up with them telling a story from 1997 and laughing. 

Put the Bills 12th, put them 16th for all I care. 

Say things like Herbert has eclipsed Allen now, go ahead. 

Bills beat the Bengals in 6-days, NOBODY in the league has two better wins than that on the season. 

So go ahead media and keep talking the MVP when nobody cares. 

Maybe fire up a Top 10 ranking list for the 5th time in one week.

Get Mike Greenberg on the screen to give his expert analysis, maybe cut to Stephen A screaming into the camera like he always does. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

It has swung that way as the season has progressed. 3 of the 4 top offenses are in the AFC. Defense is different.

Defense:

49ers

Cowboys

Eagles

Bills (injuries to Hyde and Miller)

Cincy

KC

The NFC has two-three of the top defensive teams that can turn a game on its head. Dallas and SF can get turnovers and score on defense. None of the top 3 AFC teams can do likewise with the same consistency. Philly and Buffalo have 'suffocating' defense when they play best, but they depend on the other team losing patience, or the offense to run up the score and force the opposition away from their game plan. If Buffalo had Hyde and Von Miller as planned, maybe Buffalo would be in the 'score on defense' ability. Philly/ Buffalo/ Cincy and KC defense is predicted on their offenses forcing pressure on the other team. Dallas and SF can force their will defensively.

I would put Cincy and then KC as last among the top 6 teams in the ability for the defense to impact the game independently of the offense.

Among the AFC I would still have to put our D#1 among the top 3 teams. That can help get past KC or Cincy in an AFC playoff run. It would be easier with Miller or Hyde. Should the Bills run the gauntlet of the AFC, thankfully they only have to play one of those nasty NFC defenses.

Dallas' have proven to be frauds the last 3 weeks.

It's a crapshoot, but regardless the Bills are the best team in the NFL. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.