Buy Playoff Tickets Now or Later?

ascalice

Hello! Just a quick question, do you think it is better to buy playoff tickets for the divisional round and AFC Championship game now, or wait until the week before kickoff to see if the prices drop at all like last year in the wild card game due to weather? Thank you!

36 minutes ago, ascalice said:

Hello! Just a quick question, do you think it is better to buy playoff tickets for the divisional round and AFC Championship game now, or wait until the week before kickoff to see if the prices drop at all like last year in the wild card game due to weather? Thank you!

At this point I’d say best to wait until closer to game . Just a guess but seems that’s been the best way in the past. 

58 minutes ago, ascalice said:

I'd say the odds are good that prices will crash. Any cold or snowy weather will make people stay home.

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't expect ticket price drops like last season, tickets on the secondary market last season were cheap all season long. This season not so much besides the jets game.

The dolphins game they weren't terrible but still higher than most from the previous season

Not knowing what the prices are right now, I would expect the final prices to be in 120 to 150 for the cheap ones 

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

Since the Bills will definitely have 1 home playoff game, wouldn't that mean you could only buy that 1 ticket for now? Or how exactly does that work?

I mean why would you buy tickets for the next games not knowing if Bills will be playing for sure?

Edited by Patrick Duffy

7 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Since the Bills will definitely have 1 home playoff game, wouldn't that mean you could only buy that 1 ticket for now? Or how exactly does that work?

I mean why would you buy tickets for the next games not knowing if Bills will be playing for sure?

Tickets are refundable if game isn’t needed. Some may want to have the proverbial bird in hand ..

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I wouldn't expect ticket price drops like last season, tickets on the secondary market last season were cheap all season long. This season not so much besides the jets game.

The dolphins game they weren't terrible but still higher than most from the previous season

Not knowing what the prices are right now, I would expect the final prices to be in 120 to 150 for the cheap ones 

The prices I’m seeing on Ticketmaster are $700+ right now.  The afternoon tickets went on sale, I was seeing minimum of around $1,000 by the time I had a chance to bid (which I passed on).  So the prices have settled back down a little, although I’m not sure how much further they will drop for a potential once-in-generation AFCCG. 

5 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

The prices I’m seeing on Ticketmaster are $700+ right now.  The afternoon tickets went on sale, I was seeing minimum of around $1,000 by the time I had a chance to bid (which I passed on).  So the prices have settled back down a little, although I’m not sure how much further they will drop for a potential once-in-generation AFCCG. 

True. Last AFC title game in BUF was January 1994. Bills are in great shape with Josh, but you can’t just pencil these things in every season. 

4 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Ok thanks. I've never been to a post season game so wasn't sure about that

ive been to a few but it’s been a while.

i was at ones during Kelly years. I was at the Raiders AFC championship game and was at Kelly’s last game against the Jags.

I camped out for the championship game where tickets were sold from a local bank at their branches. No scales/ resellers needed.

5 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Whoa, that's some crazy pricing - tickets will drop unless the weather report says it's gonna be 60 and sunny 

I agree the afc championship game might not move, similarly to the Packers Sunday night game this season

2 hours ago, djp14150 said:

ive been to a few but it’s been a while.

i was at ones during Kelly years. I was at the Raiders AFC championship game and was at Kelly’s last game against the Jags.

I camped out for the championship game where tickets were sold from a local bank at their branches. No scales/ resellers needed.

Marine Midland in Rochester?

Which branch?

14 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Ok thanks. I've never been to a post season game so wasn't sure about that

17 years of the Bills ineptitude will do that to you!

14 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

True. Last AFC title game in BUF was January 1994. Bills are in great shape with Josh, but you can’t just pencil these things in every season. 

The Bills had a great chance to host the AFCG last year.....only 13 seconds separated them from hosting the Bengals!

15 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Because of that thing that I get a week ban for if I mention it but others freely discuss it with no punishment limited the pool of potential buyers. 

15 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Re-sale? Was on site when they went on sale and they were face value from the team. Got kicked and had to wait in line again. They were still the same price. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.