Step Aside Danny Boy (171) - Most TD's in the first 5 years is now Josh Allen (174 and counting).

johnk

Step Aside Danny Boy (171) -   Most TD's in the first 5 years is now Josh Allen (174 and counting).

75k0cy.jpg

Yes, I know that is Fitz's Jersey.   Just liked the picture.   (I also like Fitz)

Edited by johnk
took a out ' in TDs
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, arcane said:

This stat is a bit misleading, Mahomes would own the record handily if they didn't count 2018 as one full year for him because he got some mop up duty in the last week of the season 

2017*

“If” might have, could have, should have, so in other words, Josh Allen has the record…, 

• Like (+1) 8

24 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

“If” might have, could have, should have, so in other words, Josh Allen has the record…, 

Believe it or not that actually makes it even better somehow.   Too bad for you ma-gnome.   

75k3a6.jpg

Edited by johnk
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, arcane said:

This stat is a bit misleading, Mahomes would own the record handily if they didn't count 2018 as one full year for him because he got some mop up duty in the last week of the season 

2017*

The stat isn’t misleading.   Its not “in his first 5 full seasons playing”.  Its the first 5 years in the league.  The fact that Mahomes didn’t play his first year doesn’t change that.   It’s probably why the record has stood so long - good players didn’t play in every game in their first 5 yrs.  It is what it is... a positive for the team and our QB, no need to diminish it. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 7

16 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Did you turn the t.v off before Josh went to the table to be interviewed by Fitz and co. after the Thursday night victory? Thats when he wore the 14 to show Fitz some love.

And for that one moment NOT during a game we now choose to depict Josh Allen as #14? Okay. 

• Eyeroll 2

2 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Screw the Dolphins, but Marino did do it in the 80s when football was almost a different sport. Still extremely impressive 

Yup you're spot on. While definitely impressive for sure, many will always say that about how the game was much different. The "in those days defenses were allowed to actually defend WRs"...also will hear the "QBs got hit in those days and now can hardly be touched".

While that has some truth to it, still it's impressive to do since it took all this time and only Josh was 1st to do it

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And for that one moment NOT during a game we now choose to depict Josh Allen as #14? Okay. 

Not sure where you get that idea?  You asked "why is Josh wearing 14"? So simply told you the reason. 

Where did the "we now choose to depict Josh as #14" come from? Not sure how you got to that conclusion....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, arcane said:

2017*

No , the stat is not misleading. It’s EXACTLY what it says it is. Stats do not come with asterisks and/ or projections on what other players would have done if a. b. or c. happened. Mahomes was assigned the backup role by his coaches. If they thought he would break records as a rookie he would have played. There is no way to know what he would have/ might have done. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Not sure where you get that idea?  You asked "why is Josh wearing 14"? So simply told you the reason. 

Where did the "we now choose to depict Josh as #14" come from? Not sure how you got to that conclusion....

Okay Patrick. It’s a completely photoshopped graphic! If you’re going to take the time to create one (which I actually applaud) I’d think the creator would pick one of a THOUSAND images wear Josh is wearing his actual jersey. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Okay Patrick. It’s a completely photoshopped graphic! If you’re going to take the time to create one (which I actually applaud) I’d think the creator would pick one of a THOUSAND images wear Josh is wearing his actual jersey. 

It’s not a photoshopped image. Josh actually took warmups wearing the #14 jersey.

I will never understand why people come here to post regular season statistical performance that, considering where the franchise is, having nothing to do with post-season performance.

And I say that completely believing Josh had won them the Divisional Round game last year.

Everyone knows that Josh is a franchise QB...we don't need to validate that concept anymore. 

• Dislike 2

39 minutes ago, Dan said:

The stat isn’t misleading.   Its not “in his first 5 full seasons playing”.  Its the first 5 years in the league.  The fact that Mahomes didn’t play his first year doesn’t change that.   It’s probably why the record has stood so long - good players didn’t play in every game in their first 5 yrs.  It is what it is... a positive for the team and our QB, no need to diminish it. 

It is diminished a tick with full context though. Mahomes has superior touchdown production historically, per game, per game early in career etc.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

I will never understand why people come here to post regular season statistical performance that, considering where the franchise is, having nothing to do with post-season performance.

And I say that completely believing Josh had won them the Divisional Round game last year.

Everyone knows that Josh is a franchise QB...we don't need to validate that concept anymore. 

I applaud the recognition. Marino is considered an all time great, but did virtually nothing in the postseason. If I recall correctly, his lone Super Bowl appearance was in his rookie year. That milestone has stood for a few decades. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.