Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Just with we could get the home field advantage, especially the bye week to help the banged up guys and help with the overall fatigue/wear and tear of a long season.  There is just something magical (dark magic) about KC in the playoffs for Buffalo.  Not sure we'll ever win there as long as Mahomes and Reid are there.

So they never gunna beat them then?… because those two ain’t going anywhere 

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

So they never gunna beat them then?… because those two ain’t going anywhere 

Playoffs...probably not, unless the Chiefs get hit with insane injuries one year or some serious bad luck during the game.  After last year, it's hard to imagine how we would beat them there.  Score 50 points?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Playoffs...probably not, unless the Chiefs get hit with insane injuries one year or some serious bad luck during the game.  After last year, it's hard to imagine how we would beat them there.  Score 50 points?

Last years game will mean squat this year.. if they play again 

• Agree 1

Looks like the over/under for Josh rushing yards tomorrow is 48.5. I would definitely bet the over on that. He always runs more in the “big” or “must win” games. I would say tomorrow night definitely falls under that distinction. Look for Josh to run early and often on Monday night. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, NUT said:

3 seed is going to suck. But at least they would avoid an AFCE team in the playoffs.

Mentioned many times… AFCE teams treated games against us like their Super Bowl. They are all .500 teams. Beat Cincinnati and we should start rolling no matter who we play.

42 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Man you are a real buzzkill.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

This is crap. The Bills lost to them twice. In the AFCC the Bills were not ready. The Chefs were just better. Last year though anyone could see that the Bills deserved that win, they CAN beat them. Chefs got very lucky with the whole 13 secs BS. and if you think the Bills can’t beat the chefs at Arrowhead you haven’t been paying attention. 

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Yea the Bengals  can avoid a horrible dolphins, Jets, or Patriots sitting in the 3 seed.

Right? Lots of chicken little fans here afraid of almost everyone! Bring on whomever. The only bad scenario is if the Bills have to play BOTH bengals and Chiefs. That’s a tough out. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Well their defense is 🚮 so yeah

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

I doubt anyone is giving up on the season if they lose tomorrow … just some pre game hysteria ..

A win is of course Ideal. When i think “must win” its a mindset, not a catastrophe 😁

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

A win is of course Ideal. When i think “must win” its a mindset, not a catastrophe 😁

The season doesn't end with a loss, for sure.

I think, if nothing more than for the sake of saying there's continuous improvement, which is something of a McDermott mantra, we need to win, and go on to be the #1 seed.

I believe it's been something of our 'secondary' objective, the first being to win the division.

• Like (+1) 2

if we get the 1 seed

We get a week to rest and heal 

Then we are looking at either the chargers or jags/titans if we get the #1 seed. (Barring a major upset, which would also be good for us)

This is game really is big. I expect the both teams to come to play, but the Bills are a team of destiny!

Edited by TBBills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

Looks like the over/under for Josh rushing yards tomorrow is 48.5. I would definitely bet the over on that. He always runs more in the “big” or “must win” games. I would say tomorrow night definitely falls under that distinction. Look for Josh to run early and often on Monday night. 

I'm guessing plenty of 4 wide....Diggs/Davis/combo of Bease/ Shakir/Knox and Cook out of the backfield. Josh needs to start taking those checkdowns /screens, move the chains and take those deep shots against that Cincy secondary. Time for Diggs to get AFC player of the week.

On defense I think they should sprinkle in some 4-3 and not be afraid to blitz. I know Burrow this and Burrow that against the blitz, Bla,bla,bla. Make him throw those 50/50 balls in a hurry and see what we can do. Give him the Mike White treatment. Take the 15, I don't care.

45 minutes ago, boyst said:

If I did film study for the Bengals which game should I watch to give me a full idea? 

Jets are the mist Zone heavy scheme they have faced all year, they have faced a pile of Man heavy teams.

Not sure our defense and the Jets are similar on the line, but should give you an idea of how they attack zone coverage. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.