Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They lost to the Steelers at home. While they are good, they are beatable. 

100% agree.  I think that is was is annoying about the arrogance from their players and the media obsession with Cincy right now.  They have lost a couple of stinkers.  They were down 17 to TB, who is awful...almost gave up the 22 point lead to the Pats.  They could win the whole thing, but they are beatable for sure.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Man Cincy is a cocky team.  Just listening and reading some of their quotes, they just come off as arrogant turds.

Burrow is known for his arrogance.  Perhaps his “leadership” is reflected in the attitude of the team.  I hope the Bills are able to get to him a bit.

• Agree 5

59 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I know I griped about it before but I am seeing A LOT of love for the Bengals. Not that they are a bad team, but apparently our secondary is cooked despite being healtier than most of the season and being second in points allowed. 

The Bills won't be able to run on the Bengals despite the fact that running made our offense click against the teams immediately behind the Bengals in run defense, which is the rest of the AFC East.

Joe Burrow is the best pure pocket passer in the NFL, except his numbers the past few weeks have looked comparable to Allen despite Allen playing in worse conditions and better defenses.

The more I see, I get the feeling that something is brewing. The defense is healthier than it's been in a while while the Bengals Oline is very banged up. This is the first clear weather game for the Bills really since Thanksgiving and they've now had some time to work in Beasley and Brown, while the run game has gotten clicking.

I don't have anything hard to back it up, but things seem to be coming together for a playoff run. 

There are two different beliefs about this Bills team:

One side saw this team as the dominant Super Bowl favorite before the season.  But since the bye, their many flaws have been exposed.  An overmatched offensive coordinator.  A below-average O-Line.  Not enough weapons around the quarterback.  Sloppy with penalties, drops and tackling.  A paper tiger defense that flops in big moments, and can't stop elite quarterbacks.

The other side also saw this team as elite before the season.  But nothing over the last two months has shaken their confidence.  They see a team persevering through massive injuries and terrible weather.  Battle tested, and finding ways to win close games.  All of the problems are self-inflicted, and they will surely get everything cleaned up for the home-stretch.

Fans have been arguing non-stop over which narrative is true for the last two months.  I have a feeling that Monday night will give us a really strong indication which side is correct.  

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Man Cincy is a cocky team.  Just listening and reading some of their quotes, they just come off as arrogant turds.

Let them, JC.  Let them.  They are believing everything everyone is tossing at them.

As the saying goes, talk is inexpensive. 

or is it “talk is not really worth that much.” 🧐

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

TGIF now LETS GO MONDAY!~!~!!!

the days between games seems to dragggg on for me. This game for all intents and purposes Is a Playoff game. At least that is how it feels. Except it is regular season.. I'm hopeful they can pull off that DUB in cinci. It's not goin to be easy but They CAN do it.

GO BILLS!~!~!!!!!

Home field advantage throughout the AFC Playoffs or BUST

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I know I griped about it before but I am seeing A LOT of love for the Bengals.

Why would this bother you? This is probably the biggest Monday night football game in NFL history, both sides are playing winning football and both are going to get plenty of love because both sides believe they are the better team and the network is going to hype this up to the max.  538 ranks each game by Quality, Importance, and Overall Rating... check out the Monday Night rating...  Burrow and the Bengals were in the Super Bowl last season, we weren't.  That Super Bowl appearance will still be spinning the heads of many.

1224301583_Screenshot2022-12-30at10_21_47AM.thumb.png.a2b537f91128e7072e9a2ae76ca07826.png

Compared to the Chiefs game

1871405469_Screenshot2022-12-30at10_24_58AM.png.6c80d67f9e9e09698d35a8b802a1c5e8.png

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

TGIF now LETS GO MONDAY!~!~!!!

the days between games seems to dragggg on for me. This game for all intents and purposes Is a Playoff game. At least that is how it feels. Except it is regular season.. I'm hopeful they can pull off that DUB in cinci. It's not goin to be easy but They CAN do it.

GO BILLS!~!~!!!!!

Home field advantage throughout the AFC Playoffs or BUST

This is a game where I wish we had Von out there. Our pass rush is the key. I just don't like the matchup with their WR's vs our secondary. It's important to have a good pass rush but this game it's really important. This might be the toughest test the Bills secondary has faced this year given the quality of the QB and WR's on the Bengals.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

This is a game where I wish we had Von out there. Our pass rush is the key. I just don't like the matchup with their WR's vs our secondary. It's important to have a good pass rush but this game it's really important. This might be the toughest test the Bills secondary has faced this year given the quality of the QB and WR's on the Bengals.

all you have written is KEY. Our Pass rush MUST disrupt Burrow and the secondary needs to play Playoff caliber football with s few mistakes and penalties as possible.

Special teams are DUE for a runback yo just sayin' 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Whose stopping Chase, Higgins, and Boyd? Would feel a lot better about this game if we had Von. 

We all would.  But either the DL is improved enough without Von to bring pressure with 3 or 4, or we are going to struggle in the playoffs, because that was the whole goal of Beane's off-season: improve the DL to where we could affect the QB in the playoffs, while leaving the OL and the WR corps "good enough".

The idea is, that protects the secondary

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.