Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

Just now, Logic said:

Agreed.

Have we worn those yet this year? If not, maybe week 18 against the Pats? I can't remember a year in recent history where we didn't wear them at least once.

No, they haven't worn the throwbacks this year. If you check out the uniform gridiron database website, the Pats already posted white jerseys at Buffalo with pants  "TBA". The Bills haven't posted anything yet but if NE is wearing white jerseys, then the Bills will either be wearing blue over white or all blues. I don't see them wearing all reds again but who knows. 

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

In general, there is way too much respect being paid to the Bengals.  They have managed to beat the weaker teams on their schedule, not always impressively, and other than their signature win against the Chiefs have lost to the better teams.  (They beat Miami without Tua) Their QB and WRs are elite, but Burrow can be gotten to, and their offense can be controlled.  It may be a tight game, but a double digit Bills win would not surprise me.  The Bills are the better team.  

Can't you say the same about the Bills? We've beaten weaker teams on our schedule but lost to Vikings at home and also to Jets and Dolphins. Bengals are a very good team. They made it to the Superbowl last season. Bills didn't.

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

No, they haven't worn the throwbacks this year. If you check out the uniform gridiron database website, the Pats already posted white jerseys at Buffalo with pants  "TBA". The Bills haven't posted anything yet but if NE is wearing white jerseys, then the Bills will either be wearing blue over white or all blues. I don't see them wearing all reds again but who knows. 

I saw that. I wonder when the last year was that the Bills didn't wear throwbacks at all. Seems like a strange choice. Have to wonder if they're changing throwbacks to the 90s jerseys next year, as many fans are clamoring for. Even then, you'd expect them to wear the standing buffalo set one last time this year as a sendoff.

Strange.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Come on now. The Bengals have ripped off 7 wins in a row. Beat the Chiefs in that span and just went into Foxboro and won. Now they are at home. Don't sell short what they have accomplished. It's very impressive and to hear your take is pretty disingenuous. Make no mistake about it the Bengals are very very good. They are right there with Buffalo. It's debatable who is the better team. It's not like the Bills are dominating teams. They are winning close games. I don't see much separation between Buffalo, KC, and Cinci. A home field with refs giving the home team favorable calls could be the difference from winning and losing. Very unlikely this Bills team blows out the Bengals on Monday. Burrow shows up in big games. I expect Allen to do the same. 

Is beating New England supposed to be this great thing. All of a sudden they suck this year and they damn near lost it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I saw that. I wonder when the last year was that the Bills didn't wear throwbacks at all. Seems like a strange choice. Have to wonder if they're changing throwbacks to the 90s jerseys next year, as many fans are clamoring for. Even then, you'd expect them to wear the standing buffalo set one last time this year as a sendoff.

Strange.

Maybe they are going back to the blue over white throwbacks. It's been a long time since they wore those. Or the 90's jerseys would be another choice. I know we play Dallas at home next year. For that game I hope the Bills wear white. Dallas doesn't like wearing their blue jerseys.

13 minutes ago, nucci said:

Can't you say the same about the Bills? We've beaten weaker teams on our schedule but lost to Vikings at home and also to Jets and Dolphins. Bengals are a very good team. They made it to the Superbowl last season. Bills didn't.

No...the Bills have the highest strength of victory for a team with a winning record in the AFC and are 2nd to Dallas in the NFL.  Cincy isn't far behind tho...Bills are .478, Bengals are .473.  

Bills have a massive net point differential lead on them tho as they are #1 in the NFL at 157 with the Bengals at 85

Edited by Big Turk

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

The Bengals have only beaten four teams with the above 500 record

The talking heads LOVE the Bengals because they are loaded with skill position guys that were absolute stars on Saturdays. Burrow and Chase were the key players on the greatest college offense of all time at LSU, Higgins played on that Clemson team that beat Alabama in the NCG and Mixon was a stud at Oklahoma with Baker Mayfield. Outside of James Cook, the Bills skill position guys played at low-profile programs like Wyoming, Maryland, USF and Florida Atlantic. The Bengals confirm conventional wisdom regarding draft projections while the Bills almost to a man defy it. The Bengals prove draftniks correct while Josh Allen himself proves most of them all wrong and that's why they breathlessly wait for him to fail. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The talking heads LOVE the Bengals because they are loaded with skill position guys that were absolute stars on Saturdays. Burrow and Chase were the key players on the greatest college offense of all time at LSU, Higgins played on that Clemson team that beat Alabama in the NCG and Mixon was a stud at Oklahoma with Baker Mayfield. Outside of James Cook, the Bills skill position guys played at low-profile programs like Wyoming, Maryland, USF and Florida Atlantic. The Bengals confirm conventional wisdom regarding draft projections while the Bills almost to a man defy it. The Bengals prove draftniks correct while Josh Allen himself proves most of them all wrong and that's why they breathlessly wait for him to fail. 

Some truth to this take, I believe.  I dunno about "breathlessly wait for him to fail", but people do hate to be wrong.  Also the Bills have succeeded by being a "whole greater than the sum of their parts" "do your 1/11th type of team.  Consider last year when we had the #1 defense in yards and points and what, no defensive players in the pro bowl and only Poyer as all-pro? 

Kind of similar this season where we have #2 offense on yds and #4 on points, but to hear the pundits talk you wonder how we manage that when we only have one "very good" WR and we can't run.

Benford designated to return to practice from IR (not yet off IR)

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

That's a ridiculous statement. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Bills 100% healthy on offense. 

McDermott didn't mention Phillips not practicing. Hopefully that means he's good and if so 100% healthy on defense other than the guys on IR. 

? Po (knee) and Basham (calf) not practicing on Defense.

18 minutes ago, Process said:

Diggs cooks for himself one time and gets food poisoning 

For the love of the Bills someone take this guy some good Chicken Soup!

Edited by Beck Water

Looking forward to this one. Massive game. 

I understand the Bills can win the Super Bowl without a first-round bye and home field advantage. But we need all the help we can get to bring the Lombardi Trophy to Western New York for the first time. Losing this game would be a massive hit to those chances.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, nucci said:

That's a ridiculous statement. 

It probably was a message board overstatement, but people like Skip Bayless and Mina Kimes are almost giddy the morning after Josh has a bad game. Bayless was saying that he would take Baker Mayfield over Josh Allen until earlier THIS SEASON. Mike Tannenbaum still says that he would take Justin Herbert over Josh. The reason for all this is because they want to have their draft night takes proven right. 

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Looking forward to this one. Massive game. 

I understand the Bills can win the Super Bowl without a first-round bye and home field advantage. But we need all the help we can get to bring the Lombardi Trophy to Western New York for the first time. Losing this game would be a massive hit to those chances.

I just wanna make Mahomes play a road playoff game for once.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

? Po (knee) and Basham (calf) not practicing on Defense.

For the love of the Bills someone take this guy some good Chicken Soup!

Poyer's been on the report for weeks I'm assuming he's fine to play. 

Basham sucks there is probably zero drop off to Kingsley.

Edited by Process
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.