Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

My Big Question: to what extent will the severely abnormal conditions still in effect in Buffalo impact game preparation?

For a normal game week here's the routine as I understand it:

Game Day - 7 (usually Sunday) is the previous game.  Players get post-game injury evaluation and treatment.  Many players watch game film on the flight home.

Game Day - 6 (usually Monday) is film review of the previous game, corrections, more injury evaluation/treatment, recovery activities such as stretching, ROM, light cardio

Game Day - 5 (usually Tuesday) is day off, but most players come in for treatment and recovery activities such as a light lift or cardio.  Others do acupuncture, massage, IV, hypobaric at home.

Game Day - 4 (usually Wednesday) is Practice 1 and game plan install

Game Day -3 Iusually Thursday) is Practice 2

Game Day -2 (usually Friday) is Practice 3 and final injury report/game designations of injured players

Game Day -1 (usually Saturday) is a walk-through practice and travel

So for the Bills, today is Game Day -7, when they would normally only watch film on their own and do injury e v a l/treatment.  But it's also 2 days after the game, prime time to have treatment to control and reduce swelling.  With the prolonged travel home, have the players been able to get evaluation and tests on their injuries, and initial treatment while in Chicago or traveling? 

Now that they're home, ditto - Parts of the travel ban have been lifted, but some players do live in the City of Buffalo.  Are they staying with friends on the team who live close to the facility?  If they're home, will they be able to get to the facility?

Obviously, it's going to take a while for Erie County to get back to normal. 

Will the preparation week be impacted, and how severely?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

I see there's a thread about betting odds, I'm never sure if those threads are intended to be Game Week threads or just talk about betting.

🤷‍♂️

If the former, I assume this will just fall down the board into oblivion or get merged.

This am driving bans

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/driving-ban-to-be-lifted-for-parts-of-erie-county-at-7-a-m

Time to overcome more adversity:

Edited by Beck Water

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This is basically a playoff game.  If the Bills are super bowl contenders then they at the very least will keep this to a one score game if they lose.  We are likely to either face the Chiefs again or Bengals in the playoffs.  Lets go Bills!

This is the #1 vs #3 game. Win it and they are most likely the #1 seed. Lose and you are probably looking at the #3 seed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Sometimes I think playing on the road is an advantage.  They travel as a team, stay in the hotel together, bond....and maybe the hostile crowd adds a bit of motivation.  Another motivation is that at the end of the game they jump on the plane, have a couple beers, probably met by hundreds of fans at the airport....and get home to their own warm beds.

They aren't distracted with all the ticket requests and all that goes with a home game.

But the obvious preference is to play at home.  I'm just saying that they can take advantage of being on the road together.  

3 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Sometimes I think playing on the road is an advantage.  They travel as a team, stay in the hotel together, bond....and maybe the hostile crowd adds a bit of motivation.  Another motivation is that at the end of the game they jump on the plane, have a couple beers, probably met by hundreds of fans at the airport....and get home to their own warm beds.

They aren't distracted with all the ticket requests and all that goes with a home game.

But the obvious preference is to play at home.  I'm just saying that they can take advantage of being on the road together.  

Disagree. The Bills are winless on the road in the playoffs with McDermott, but they are undefeated at home. 

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Disagree. The Bills are winless on the road in the playoffs with McDermott, but they are undefeated at home. 

Seemed odd... but you’re right the Bills haven’t won a road playoff game since 1992.  

All the more reason we need to stay focused and get the #1 seed!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.