Hackett fired in Denver

YoloinOhio

53 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Makes you wonder what Wilson thinks about how he is playing when he watches game film.  Doesn't it register he's playing lousy football?  Talk about brain damage if he can't see the garbage play and tries to find answers with the oc.

I don’t think it does register tbh. He seems like a really weird and oblivious guy

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Agree on Payton, although he would be a good choice if he's interested. 

Not so sure about Reich. Think he maybe too QB friendly and not so sure that is what Denver needs.

I was thinking the Broncos need someone steady, players like and has some experience. Think that lockeroom is a mess and they'll be looking for someone to help create a new culture. 

Just thoughts. I have no idea at this point what direction they'll go, but can't be worse than this year was.

That's why I was thinking of Frank Reich.  I think he could settle that team down and would be good for Wilson.  

21 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Hacket probabilygot 20-25 mil for 4 years.   He can afford to wait it out, or retire.   I knew from his time in Buffalo that it wasn't going to work out as a HC.  Bronco's will be paying a long time for this mistake along w the QB mistake.  Lots of Bronco fans still shaking their head they took Chubb instead of Josh Allen in the draft.

Lots of dolphin fans wondering why they gave up a 1 and 120 million for chubb too

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I love when teams release statements thanking the guy they just fired. I know they have to but it's a little like putting a statement out to the guys who burgled your house, thanking them for helping you to de-clutter 

I think it is “thanks for leaving”.

2 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Awesome 

wilson will be sent packing after season 

I doubt they’ll get rid of Wilson with that contract of his. They’ll hire a coach who will give him at least one more season to see if it was Hackett holding him back, or if Wilson has truly lost it

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

If they can lure Payton watch Russ come back Fast.   He's not 100% done.  I think Hackett was 90% of the problem there.

Saints still have coaching rights to Payton, so Denver would need to trade for him. The Wilson trade left the cupboards bare so it’s not very likely they can pay enough to get him

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

Should fire Russell Wilson also. What a disaster. 

If I'm reading it right his dead money hit is 107 million if they cut him after this season.  More knowledgeable capologists on here could tell us if that money can be spread out at all, but even so that is a LOT of money to be spending on someone not on the team.

4 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Saints still have coaching rights to Payton, so Denver would need to trade for him. The Wilson trade left the cupboards bare so it’s not very likely they can pay enough to get him

This feels like a Gronk to TB trade is Payton insists hell wait it out. Might not take much to land him, but could see Payton sitting another year and coming back for the Saints as well

Was set up to fail from the start because the Broncos were cheap.  I believe the only reason he was hired was in some sort of odd bid for Aaron Rodgers. When that failed, the Broncos should have just bought out Hackett and went in a different direction. 

Wilson looked done last year in Seattle. He's put an exclamation point on that this year. Cognitively, he's not there as a football player anymore. They will have to do a Brock Osweiler type of deal to get someone interested in taking on that contract. 

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

Was set up to fail from the start because the Broncos were cheap.  I believe the only reason he was hired was in some sort of odd bid for Aaron Rodgers. When that failed, the Broncos should have just bought out Hackett and went in a different direction. 

Wilson looked done last year in Seattle. He's put an exclamation point on that this year. Cognitively, he's not there as a football player anymore. They will have to do a Brock Osweiler type of deal to get someone interested in taking on that contract. 

I don't know if Wilson's tradeable with that contract, but the Colts managed to get Washington to trade them two third-round picks for Carson Wentz...so anything's possible.  

11 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

If I'm reading it right his dead money hit is 107 million if they cut him after this season.  More knowledgeable capologists on here could tell us if that money can be spread out at all, but even so that is a LOT of money to be spending on someone not on the team.

Get rid of him! 

If the Broncos are in the mood to fire people, they might want to fully evaluate their GM and front office too.  They got fleeced by the Seahawks in the trade for what looks like a washed-up Russel Wilson this season and saddled with a big cap-hitting contract with lots of term.  A trade which will likely provide the Seahawks with a potential top 3 pick for a team that is going to be shopping for a replacement franchise QB.  Well done, Seattle.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.