Merry Xmas: Dolphin fans melting down in their forums and turning on Tua

Alphadawg7

20 hours ago, Special K said:

Why is that sad....the sooner that wife and child beater is out of the league, the better.

The one dude in the league i could cheer for a fatal car accident and sleep like a baby.

Prorecting your children is the most simple automatic program in a persons DNA. Abusing and specifically breaking your childs arm, is the most appauling disgusting act by a player since Rae Carruth

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I feel he gets bored and just thinks EFF IT and just tries some crazy throws... but when the game is a serious one, he buckles down and does what is expected for the most part. You will see a different Josh next Monday night... he does is with his arm, his legs, or both. The haters can kiss my grits LMAO

I don't think it's "bored...EFF IT".  I think Josh has always had the "Bret Favre said Touchdowns First, Coach!" mindset.  If he sees a shot for a TD, he will take it.  I think the Bills O also has been "going to the well once too often" with that particular play where Josh targeted McKenzie near the goal line.  IIRC they used this twice in a recent game - pretty sure it was against Detroit.  Josh had one TD to McKenzie on it, and threw to someone else (Diggs?) on a play where he arguably McKenzie was open and he could have thrown to him. 

I put this up elsewhere

I think the idea is if the LB #45 is carried deeper by McKenzie, it leaves Diggs open or 1:1 with LB #53.  If he stays shallow and brackets Diggs, then McKenzie is (in theory) running a footrace with the safety, and he's gonna win.  Morris is supposed to attract the attention of someone (CB #6 or #9?) but they fundamentally ignore him.

Eberflaus was a very very good DC.  I think something pre-snap or just after the snap (maybe where Diggs and McKenzie cross?) triggers pattern recognition in the Bears D (there's that damned TD play to that fast smurf!) and CB #6 just SPRINTS for the goal line and McKenzie like his jock is on fire and running will put it out.

The result is that at the point where Josh releases the ball, #6 is almost parallel to McK and it's clear he has McKenzie on his mind since there's no one else he could plausibly be covering.  I think McKenzie has the safety beat by half a step and has a decent chance at a reception 1:1, but #6 is undercutting him making it very very good double coverage.

This is just before the ball is released.  Diggs is bracketed, which makes that a dangerous throw in this wind.  Assuming they're being QB friendly and looking at Josh, Morris looks like a safe throw and can plausibly get at least half the 2nd and 19.  Davis is all by himself on the sideline, and could come close to the 1st down.  Cook is releasing from his chip, and will shortly become a checkdown option with a ridiculous amount of green around him.

I think McKenzie should drop off Josh's menu as an option the minute Morris takes no one with him and the CB starts dropping deep.  Yeah, McKenzie is fast, but he's also being asked to cover a lot more ground than Gordon, whom the Bears regarded as playing a lot faster than his 4.57 40-time

Anyway, the bottom line is Allen had options underneath, including options with no defender anywhere nearby.   I think it shows how analysis of the QB's tendencies (and the QB ignoring analysis of his tendencies) can influence the defense.  Allen seems to be behind the "Chess Match".

This is the play from the moving circles diagram Getzenberg posted, as best as I can get it just before Josh throws:

Capture1.JPG

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The throw to McKenzie Saturday  was borderline bewildering to me.

It truly was.  At the point Josh threw it, it was clear the CB was dropping into coverage (see little moving circles thing I put up somewhere else.  No one had picked up Morris, the guy who could cover Cook was acting like he was glued to the turf, and Gabe Davis was lonely on the L sideline.

It's like a Bad Example in a book on "How to Read an NFL Defense" post-snap.  I suppose if Kurt Warner were to break it down, we'd have people explaining that Warner doesn't realize that the Bills aren't a timing offense so Allen couldn't throw to one of the other apparent options.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

a recurring scapegoat is Ken Dorsey.

I believe I said we turn on Allen, Coaches, and select "scapegoat" players.  It's actually fair game (IMHO) to criticize Dorsey if one is going to criticize, because he IS the OC to a defensive-minded HC so the "Buck Stops There" with the offense. 

But we scapegoat selected players, like people handing out hate-o-grams to Isaiah McKenzie in this thread - who is not to blame for Allen's decision to throw to him when double covered - or people hating on Dane Jackson or Damar Hamlin, when it's not clear they're the ones responsible for the coverage lapse leading to a deep completion.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't think it's "bored...EFF IT".  I think Josh has always had the "Bret Favre said Touchdowns First, Coach!" mindset.  If he sees a shot for a TD, he will take it.  I think the Bills O also has been "going to the well once too often" with that particular play where Josh targeted McKenzie near the goal line.  IIRC they used this twice in a recent game - pretty sure it was against Detroit.  Josh had one TD to McKenzie on it, and threw to someone else (Diggs?) on a play where he arguably McKenzie was open and he could have thrown to him. 

I put this up elsewhere

I think the idea is if the LB #45 is carried deeper by McKenzie, it leaves Diggs open or 1:1 with LB #53.  If he stays shallow and brackets Diggs, then McKenzie is (in theory) running a footrace with the safety, and he's gonna win.  Morris is supposed to attract the attention of someone (CB #6 or #9?) but they fundamentally ignore him.

Eberflaus was a very very good DC.  I think something pre-snap or just after the snap (maybe where Diggs and McKenzie cross?) triggers pattern recognition in the Bears D (there's that damned TD play to that fast smurf!) and CB #6 just SPRINTS for the goal line and McKenzie like his jock is on fire and running will put it out.

The result is that at the point where Josh releases the ball, #6 is almost parallel to McK and it's clear he has McKenzie on his mind since there's no one else he could plausibly be covering.  I think McKenzie has the safety beat by half a step and has a decent chance at a reception 1:1, but #6 is undercutting him making it very very good double coverage.

This is just before the ball is released.  Diggs is bracketed, which makes that a dangerous throw in this wind.  Assuming they're being QB friendly and looking at Josh, Morris looks like a safe throw and can plausibly get at least half the 2nd and 19.  Davis is all by himself on the sideline, and could come close to the 1st down.  Cook is releasing from his chip, and will shortly become a checkdown option with a ridiculous amount of green around him.

I think McKenzie should drop off Josh's menu as an option the minute Morris takes no one with him and the CB starts dropping deep.  Yeah, McKenzie is fast, but he's also being asked to cover a lot more ground than Gordon, whom the Bears regarded as playing a lot faster than his 4.57 40-time

Anyway, the bottom line is Allen had options underneath, including options with no defender anywhere nearby.   I think it shows how analysis of the QB's tendencies (and the QB ignoring analysis of his tendencies) can influence the defense.  Allen seems to be behind the "Chess Match".

Capture1.JPG

quick follow up:

Morris WAS being QB friendly, looking at Josh.  On GMFB, Jason McCourtey says "no one else was open", but that's clearly bull####.  Diggs is bracketed, Morris is open underneath with a good bit of space, Cook releases from his chip and is open with tons of green.  Davis may or may not be open when he finishes his route, since Josh has thrown by then hard to tell.

Capture2.JPG

Edited by Beck Water

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

they have 5 draft picks not 3-  including a 2nd and 2 3rds - they aren’t considered later picks.  Day 2.

37M over the cap?  Where do you see this?

Ive seen -6M to -2M 

I agree, they will have some problems filling holes and acquiring good talent due to trading picks and cap room problems.  I just don’t know where you came up with the numbers.

This is what THEY are saying. I don’t have the time to look it up and verify. Just going by the fans of the team. 

man imagine being that bad with the Cap and NOT paying a QB. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

This is what THEY are saying. I don’t have the time to look it up and verify. Just going by the fans of the team. 

man imagine being that bad with the Cap and NOT paying a QB. 

Oh, ok.

Yeah, that would suck. We don’t have to worry about that for awhile 😃 

1 hour ago, first_and_ten said:

You may be right about that, but I think Josh is a notch above those two. 

Josh is much more mobile than the other two. That make him more dangerous.

Herbert and Burrow are more proficient passer (take what the defense gives you).

Sal C. Said or best this morning, Allen will do something about 20-25 time a year that will make you tear your hair out and then end up excited (paraphrasing).

The other two do those things maybe 5-10 times a year.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/25/2022 at 3:27 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

4 straight losses and we’d turn on Allen as well. Luckily Allen probably won’t lose 4 straight for a long time.

I was gonna say it sounds a awful lot like the Bills Mafia not o long ago when we lost a couple games .

Fire Beane he doesn't know how to draft , McD is terrible he doesn't know how to manage the clock terrible play calling BLAH BLAH BLAH !!

Not really a lot of difference when the team you follow is losing there will always be those despite winning 3 consecutive AFC championships !!

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS !! THE PEANUT GALLERY HAS SPOKEN ...

as a fellow human being to another I wish Tua complete healing from his concussion issues.

Watching a person having his brains scrambled for our entertainment is Not my cuppa tea.

If they are unclear as to how this current injury occurred speaks to me that it could have been minor contact  but still concussed. That sucks for him

. He is QB of the stinking fish and hence we do not wish him success on the field by any means.  But what he has done for Miami and how the fanbase is treating him now I think is pathetic.. Which surprises me Zero. As has been mentioned it is the nature of the NFL fan to insist on perfection. And when it does not happen they whine and tantrum like toddlers. Their fan board is a sewer. To use an expression it smells like rotten fish.

HOW APPROPO.

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo and Cinci both have DL & LB's that are probably better than the O-lines they face. 

Bengals have a better group of wideouts unless Davis has a game like KC last year.

Josh is more mobile & creative than Burrow, but has to play a clean game, no fumbles, no hero ball throws into coverage.

I think Motor & Cook [of late] vs. Mixon & Perine is a push.

Teams are very evenly matched.

Looks like weather is going to be benign 53 degrees light winds.

18 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I don’t want to hear another Fin fan tell me how Allen career is gonna only be a couple more years with how he runs. 

3 in a year. And NEVER finished a full football season 

It’s getting to the point where they’d probably think about moving on from him even if he was consistently playing well.  His availability just isn’t there and he always seems injured for the big games 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, muppy said:

as a fellow human being to another I wish Tua complete healing from his concussion issues.

Watching a person having his brains scrambled for our entertainment is Not my cuppa tea.

If they are unclear as to how this current injury occurred speaks to me that it could have been minor contact  but still concussed. That sucks for him

. He is QB of the stinking fish and hence we do not wish him success on the field by any means.  But what he has done for Miami and how the fanbase is treating him now I think is pathetic.. Which surprises me Zero. As has been mentioned it is the nature of the NFL fan to insist on perfection. And when it does not happen they whine and tantrum like toddlers. Their fan board is a sewer. To use an expression it smells like rotten fish.

HOW APPROPO.

I think they do know what play it happened on. He got spun around and his head bounced off the turf, just like his previous concussion. But he finished the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.