Merry Xmas: Dolphin fans melting down in their forums and turning on Tua

Alphadawg7

6 hours ago, Tim Tindale said:

To be fair (to Tua), Herbert hasn’t made the playoffs yet either.

He should have last year with his performance against the Raiders in Week 18. It was like Allen in the divisional round, near perfect QB play that was wasted by a poor defensive effort and overtime. That's the biggest difference between Herbert and Tua. Tua has wilted down the stretch over the last four games. In crunch time he comes up short. Herbert thrives in those situations. It's impossible to win a Super Bowl with a QB that can't handle a little bit of pressure.

55 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But they have no assets left to build around Tua. 

35M over cap with 37 on contract next year. 
3 picks in the draft all later. 

they made an organizational mistake when all in with a rookie coach. Already regretting the Chubb trade. 

so when more assets come to build Tyreek will be what 31. 

they saw their window pushed their chips in and came up short. 

they have 5 draft picks not 3-  including a 2nd and 2 3rds - they aren’t considered later picks.  Day 2.

37M over the cap?  Where do you see this?

Ive seen -6M to -2M 

I agree, they will have some problems filling holes and acquiring good talent due to trading picks and cap room problems.  I just don’t know where you came up with the numbers.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Eh, there are some people on this very forum that claim Allen is reverting to rookie year. Feel like a 4 game loss streak would make them feel validated and more outspoken on trashing Allen.

Thank you for pointing this out.

Yeah, as we finger-point at the Dolphins forums for turning on Tua after a bad game, let's not forget about the 3 fingers, led by the middle finger, pointing back at our own forum.  We lost 2 games, Josh Allen had 3 straight games where he threw 2 picks each game, and there was a lot of "melt down" here.  Not just at Josh, but at our coaches and select "scapegoat" players.

Even after a win - amazes me how "everyone is a QB mechanics coach" based on what they see on TV film in real time.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Let's be honest, Tua isn't a top tier QB and we will be lucky if the Dolphins keep him around, which they almost have to because of the season he had. 

But I give him 1 or 2 more years and then they will have to draft another one. 

Edited by Captain_Quint
  • Like (+1) 1

This is all so great because they really believed they had something after pulling that Baltimore game out their ass and then beating us in week 3 with half our defense out and it being 115 on our sidelines.  So they went out and got Chubb, who’s been trash since they paid him.  And now they’re in cap jail with no QB, no draft picks, an insane owner, and a nerdy coach.  

Such a shame. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Eh, there are some people on this very forum that claim Allen is reverting to rookie year. Feel like a 4 game loss streak would make them feel validated and more outspoken on trashing Allen.

I feel he gets bored and just thinks EFF IT and just tries some crazy throws... but when the game is a serious one, he buckles down and does what is expected for the most part. You will see a different Josh next Monday night... he does is with his arm, his legs, or both. The haters can kiss my grits LMAO

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny, all the Tua is better than Allen talk is now the same people declaring Tua a fraud, choke artist, etc and demanding they move on.

I mean all the talk was how the Dolphins had a moral victory playing Bills close this past week in the cold…now it’s time to draft a QB all of a sudden.  Love it, nice Xmas present to see fins fans and the team melting down 😂

Some fun Xmas reading here ladies and gents…Merry Xmas

https://finheaven.com/forums/miami-dolphins-forum.4/

X is a hell of a thing to substitute for the name Christ.👎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny, all the Tua is better than Allen talk is now the same people declaring Tua a fraud, choke artist, etc and demanding they move on.

I mean all the talk was how the Dolphins had a moral victory playing Bills close this past week in the cold…now it’s time to draft a QB all of a sudden.  Love it, nice Xmas present to see fins fans and the team melting down 😂

Some fun Xmas reading here ladies and gents…Merry Xmas

https://finheaven.com/forums/miami-dolphins-forum.4/

Even when they were proclaiming Tua better than Josh, we all knew, if given the option, they would take Josh in a heartbeat!! It's Josh and Patrick, then everyone else. 

5 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Even when they were proclaiming Tua better than Josh, we all knew, if given the option, they would take Josh in a heartbeat!! It's Josh and Patrick, then everyone else. 

I dunno about, then everyone else.

Herbert and Burrow are up there also, after those 4, then it's everyone else.

26 minutes ago, Deadstroke said:

Easy on those pearls…, 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Deadstroke said:

Speaking as a theologian (pastor for 30 years), using X in words such as Xmas and Xian (or Xtian) is historically acceptable as it is using the Greek letter Chi which looks nearly identical to the English X. This has been done historically by theologians for probably at least a millennium. This is not the culture removing Christian things from society.

Now back to Tua ...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I dunno about, then everyone else.

Herbert and Burrow are up there also, after those 4, then it's everyone else.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I don’t think Herbert is in that top level. Yes he is talented but what results has he produced to be placed up there? He has stats but not results. Lots of weapons but he’s never been to the playoffs. Can’t beat the Chiefs. The team had high expectations this year and up to this point have fallen short of them. True that it’s not all his fault but right or wrong he gets blame as well 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I mentioned this in another thread, but I don’t think Herbert is in that top level. Yes he is talented but what results has he produced to be placed up there? He has stats but not results. Lots of weapons but he’s never been to the playoffs. Can’t beat the Chiefs. The team had high expectations this year and up to this point have fallen short of them. True that it’s not all his fault but right or wrong he gets blame as well 

Top level, no.  He's on the cusp though.  It probably doesn't help playing only road games all season long when you have to play in LA where no one cares about football unless you are in the SB.

It was more to the point of he's not "everyone else" in the context of looking at all the QBs in the NFL.

18 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I hate when people say he hasn't beaten Said team...   its one guy....the chiefs are just better than the chargers. How is that Herberts fault? the guy is good, damn good...glad he is not in the AFCE.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Thank you for pointing this out.

Yeah, as we finger-point at the Dolphins forums for turning on Tua after a bad game, let's not forget about the 3 fingers, led by the middle finger, pointing back at our own forum.  We lost 2 games, Josh Allen had 3 straight games where he threw 2 picks each game, and there was a lot of "melt down" here.  Not just at Josh, but at our coaches and select "scapegoat" players.

Even after a win - amazes me how "everyone is a QB mechanics coach" based on what they see on TV film in real time.

a recurring scapegoat is Ken Dorsey.

51 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

The pick that Tua threw to R. Douglas was similar to the pick that Josh threw to K. Gordon.

Both QBs seem to misread the CB dropping back into double coverage in that zone.

Throwing to McKittrick in double coverage cannot be a great idea very often.

The throw to McKenzie Saturday  was borderline bewildering to me.

25 minutes ago, gordong said:

I hate when people say he hasn't beaten Said team...   its one guy....the chiefs are just better than the chargers. How is that Herberts fault? the guy is good, damn good...glad he is not in the AFCE.

Fair or unfair that’s how people look at QB’s. There were people on this board who mentioned the Bills should move on from Josh after 2 years, and he had led the team to the playoffs. Tua is getting crushed right now and part is that is because the dolphins are in danger of missing the playoffs. Herbert has had much more talented teams than what Josh had that year the Bills played Houston, but he seems to be getting a pass, with people blaming the coach, the defense, injuries to the team…but not a whole lot again Justin. Again he is incredibly talented, but he continues to fall short (as of right now)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Fair or unfair that’s how people look at QB’s. There were people on this board who mentioned the Bills should move on from Josh after 2 years, and he had led the team to the playoffs. Tua is getting crushed right now and part is that is because the dolphins are in danger of missing the playoffs. Herbert has had much more talented teams than what Josh had that year the Bills played Houston, but he seems to be getting a pass, with people blaming the coach, the defense, injuries to the team…but not a whole lot again Justin. Again he is incredibly talented, but he continues to fall short (as of right now)

Herbert is an odd one.  He looks good. His statistics are great.  But he loses a lot of big games and when I watch said big games something seems missing...and I can't put my finger on just what.  It doesn't just seem to be the talent around him.  As others have pointed out they seem to have a lot of talent.  He also had similar problems at Oregon.  The only other quarterback I can remember feeling this way about is Philip Rivers.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.