I loved today’s game found a new way to win

John from Riverside

I don’t worry about Josh Allen you know that he is going to have a huge game next week against Cincinnati going against another top QB in prime time

I love this game because of the way they want it all year not being able to run the ball effectively unless Josh Allen was doing it we literally are just a couple of yards away of having 2 100 yard rushers today

Past that first drive, our defense almost completely shut them down for the entire game

We won a cold-weather game in gritty cold-weather style. We show that we can do it here. We are wanting home games in Buffalo in cold weather climate. You have to be able to run the ball in those games.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t worry about Josh Allen you know that he is going to have a huge game next week against Cincinnati going against another top QB in prime time

I love this game because of the way they want it all year not being able to run the ball effectively unless Josh Allen was doing it we literally are just a couple of yards away of having 2 100 yard rushers today

Past that first drive, our defense almost completely shut them down for the entire game

We won a cold-weather game in gritty cold-weather style. We show that we can do it here. We are wanting home games in Buffalo in cold weather climate. You have to be able to run the ball in those games.

Indeed. I value the Bears game as good practice for playing at home in January.

And yes, great to see we can win with the run game and when Josh has a bad game. To win it all we need both the run game working and good Josh. It's possible.

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Thankfully we played a horrendous team 

A horrendous team in the win loss column, but they had the number one rushing offense in the NFL and I’ve been playing good teams stingy

Just now, Big Turk said:

Not quite accurate...both Motor and Cook ran for 80+ yards against the Pats.

I should’ve added, starting to be consistent in running the ball effectively

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Thankfully we played a horrendous team 

I still don’t really buy this…you put a great team in terrible weather and they don’t look as good…that’s the way it works. That weather should’ve leveled the playing field for the bears a bit but they got run out of the building. 

If we were playing a good team in this they would’ve looked sloppy also most likely. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Mike in Horseheads said:

Just wish they would have got Cook one more yard. 

I mean, they gave him three carries to get 8 yards, and he got 7 yards on those three carries...I think they gave him the shot to get it, its just too bad that he couldn't get that one extra yard.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Special K said:

I mean, they gave him three carries to get 8 yards, and he got 7 yards on those three carries...I think they gave him the shot to get it, its just too bad that he couldn't get that one extra yard.

Yeah, I thought that they lined up and gave Cook the opportunity to get those yards

• Haha (+1) 1

Also wasn't worried about Josh Allen against an inferior opponent (clearly yes) in -15 degree weather.

This is the trap game that many good teams lose - you're on the road, the elements suck, it doesn't really matter. And they still walked away easily by capitalizing on the run. Josh got that mop-up TD as well, he didn't even suffer that terribly statistically. Up to 4k with 32 passing TDs and the try-hards are still doing their thing lol.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We have been able to run the ball effectively this year. There's just hasn't been any volume of carries for the RBs. We came into this game with Singletary and Cook averaging a combined 4.6 ypc, that's being able to run effectively. After today's game they now average 5.008 ypc.

No idea what happened on that first Bears drive, but the defense deserves props.  Fields & that Rushing offense have been gashing teams, and they were throttled by us all game.  

On offense, Allen was all over the place, but as said above .. not worried about him - he’ll turn it up in the bigger moments - Also, watching some other games, passing offenses in the cold were disastrous all over the country.. errant passes, turnovers, drops etc.. 

Bears defense isn’t much to write home about, but to run to the level we did against any NFL team is impressive.  That was absolute ground assault. 

I think the Bills played down to their competition in the first half.  They came out of the locker room in the second half and took care of business, then waited for the game to be over.  

I do not think the level of play we saw yesterday will be continued against the Bengals.  The Bills always seem to rise to the occasion.  

2 hours ago, LittleSammy said:

I just hope we find a "new way" to improve our kickoff coverage team. Enough of this kick it to the corner stuff. It's not working. Just have Bass kick the damn ball into the endzone. 

It WAS working for most of the year.  Bass would drop the KO at the 1, and the Bills would rally to the returner and stop him between the 15 and 20.  It happened a lot.  It looks like the ST coach for one of their opponents figured out a blocking scheme against how the Bills were covering kicks, and since then they've been gashed over and over.  It's time for our ST coach to step up and fix it.  Failing that, then yes, kicking it deep is the answer.

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Cook was one yard away from a 100 yard game, and Allen could have gotten there too if it had made sense for him to try.  (Which it didn't.) The Bills did well, but the Bears are really terrible.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.