“Jimbo” Cook

Rigotz

13 minutes ago, TBBills said:

What if he did 952 yards would Singletary drop from that list?

@NewEraI'm glad that post got under your skin so bad

You’re incapable of getting under my skin.  I know what you are. Just another eye roll and moment of feeling fortunate that I am who I am.  

merry christmas

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Daboll had his stretches where he would give Singletary around 20 carries a game and he had stretches where he didn't give him the ball enough. Take last 4 games of last year, Singletary averaged 19 carries a game during those 4 games.

Maybe part of Daboll not getting Singletary the ball alot was he knew he wasn't a true #1 RB. If we had a premiere back during those years, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't give them the ball more. He may not be calling the plays for the Giants, but he's the head coach and I'm sure has a say in play calling and game plan this year and Barkley is 3rd in the league in attempts this year. Already running more times than any year in his career.

It’s pretty simple math actually

Daboll Had Josh Allen in Buffalo… Josh averages 11 yards a completion… Thats double the efficiency of the best running back

Daboll has Daniel jones in NY… and a supreme talent at RB… So he takes the ball out of the crappy quarterbacks hand and gives it to the running back

No coach is going to take the ball out of Josh’s hands the majority of the time during the season.. You want to take the ball out of Daniel Jones’s hand lol

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Daboll Had Josh Allen in Buffalo… Josh averages 11 yards a completion… Thats double the efficiency of the best running back

Daboll has Daniel jones in NY… and a supreme talent at RB… So he takes the ball out of the crappy quarterbacks hand and gives it to the running back

No coach is going to take the ball out of Josh’s hands the majority of the time during the season.. You want to take the ball out of Daniel Jones’s hand lol

Exactly Daboll knows to put the ball in your best players hands.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Per completion yes, but it's alot closer when based off attempts as it should be counted.

4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Per completion yes, but it's alot closer when based off attempts as it should be counted.

It’s not even close

Josh Allen is a first down every time the ball is completed.. Half the incompletions are still good balls that were dropped or broken up … not ducks off target 

The yards per attempt doesn’t account for that

Josh is more than first down every completion… He’s getting the ball in his hands 35 times a game

Not a running back Who benefits from playing next to Josh Allen… Our running backs are in the perfect system for them to produce with josh 

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

We have had the RB, Singletary, and now Cook, we just never incorporated a run game into the offense, it really is that simple. Both Dabol (when he was here) and now Dorsey can’t seem to wrap there minds around why it’s a really good thing to have a real run game as part of the offense 

Can you wrap your mind around the fact that the Bills have one of the top offenses ever since those guys were OC?

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s not even close

Josh Allen is a first down every time the ball is completed.. Half the incompletions are still good balls that were dropped or broken up … not ducks off target 

The yards per attempt doesn’t account for that

Josh is more than first down every completion… He’s getting the ball in his hands 35 times a game

Not a running back Who benefits from playing next to Josh Allen… Our running backs are in the perfect system for them to produce with josh 

But completions aren't the only things he throws. It would be like judging a RB only when they get good blocking, because it's not the RBs fault they can't block and the stats don't account for it.

It's total times passing and total times rushing. You can’t just count the good and leave the bad. The difference between his his average completed pass(11.44) and yards per attempt(7.2) is 4.25 yards per. That's a big difference to leave out of the equation.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Can you wrap your mind around the fact that the Bills have one of the top offenses ever since those guys were OC?

That is not the point I was addressing, like all things in life, life is not just black and white, there are multiple shades of grey, one can be happy as hell we are a great team and still state obvious instances of a given OCs lesser talents with out throwing the entire team under the bus, like what I was doing, have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year, and lighten up a tad, 😁👍

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But completions aren't the only things he throws. It would be like judging a RB only when they get good blocking, because it's not the RBs fault they can't block and the stats don't account for it.

It's total times passing and total times rushing. You can’t just count the good and leave the bad. The difference between his his average completed pass(11.44) and yards per attempt(7.2) is 4.25 yards per. That's a big difference to leave out of the equation.

If you’re trying to argue that our team is better having the ball in James Cook’s hands over the best player in the world I don’t know what to tell you

Every quarterback has a massive difference between their yards per completion and yards per attempt… And I was using yards per completion as a metric 

The difference is … When Josh drops back to pass… He also averages almost 7 yards a run… Your 7.2 yards per

attempt… And almost 12 yards a completion

His ability in the pocket… On the run, And throwing outside the pocket Dwarfs any statistics

It’s great that the bills have found a run game… I certainly don’t wanna go to 1970 Smash Mouth football

Run it when you have to And let Josh cook

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

If you’re trying to argue that our team is better having the ball in James Cook’s hands over the best player in the world I don’t know what to tell you

Every quarterback has a massive difference between their yards per completion and yards per attempt… And I was using yards per completion as a metric 

The difference is … When Josh drops back to pass… He also averages 7 yards a run… Your 7.2 yards per

attempt… And almost 12 yards a completion

His ability in the pocket… On the run, And throwing outside the pocket Dwarfs any statistics

It’s great that the bills have found a run game… I certainly don’t wanna go to 1970 Smash Mouth football

Run it when you have to And let Josh cook

Again, when did I say that? Show me where and when. I simply pointed out that you left out incompletions on pass plays, WHICH you can't do and come to a fair and correct comparison. I even said you can't take out incompletions and when you add them in it's far closer than you were insinuating. Pass plays this year 7.5 yards per play, 7.2 for Josh's career. James Cook's running plays this year 5.8 yards per play. That's a hell of alot closer than the 11.2 yards per completion or whatever it was, you were trying to pass off. That's all I was stating, nothing more, nothing less.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Jimbo now has (6) 20+ yard runs this year on only 80 carries. That's 1 every 15 attempts. Coming into this week RBs with 6 or more 20+ yard runs averaged  1 anywhere from 19.9 - 30.0+ attempts. He's just shy of beating the next guy by 5 full carries. Also coming into this week 6 20+ runs would've tied for 10th in the league by a RB with K Walker - 150 carries and Etienne - 204 carries. Again Cook doing it on only 80 carries. Imo he's the big play back we've been waiting for.

And he's just learning what he can do against the competition in live games.  He's got plenty of gas in the tank as does Singletary.  Kinda helps if your running game is at full throttle if the conditions at playoff game in Jan at Highmark Stadium takes place as we all hope they secure 1 seeding.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Again, when did I say that? Show me where and when. I simply pointed out that you left out incompletions on pass plays, WHICH you can't do and come to a fair and correct comparison. I even said you can't take out incompletions and when you add them in it's far closer than you were insinuating. Pass plays this year 7.5 yards per play, 7.2 for Josh's career. James Cook's running plays this year 5.8 yards per play. That's a hell of alot closer than the 11.2 yards per completion or whatever it was, you were trying to pass off. That's all I was stating, nothing more, nothing less.

That’s true but You’re also not taking the effectiveness of cooks platooning

In football the more carries you get usually your average goes down… Like You can average 7 yard a carry on 10 carries

But it’s hard to maintain 7 y/a on 220 carries

Cook was at his best in Georgia as a change of pace back… Is built like a change of pace back… And he’s playing his best football here as a change of pace back

He’s gonna have to dramatically change his body to become a feature back in the NFL… he’s 195 pounds … 

I think the bills are using him very well right now And he’s gonna continue to shine in this role… Next year if he adds 15 pounds of muscle… Maybe he can get a bigger role

He’s not built for 20 touches game right now

Edited by Buffalo716

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

In football the more carries you get usually your average goes down… Like You can average 7 yard a carry on 10 carries

Cook was at his best in Georgia as a change of pace back… Is built like a change of pace back… And he’s playing his best football here as a change of pace back

He’s gonna have to dramatically change his body to become a feature back in the NFL… he’s 195 pounds … 

I think the bills are using him very well right now And he’s gonna continue to shine in this role… Next year if he adds 15 pounds of muscle… Maybe he can get a bigger role

Okay I'll give you a stat that hurts him for only having 80 carries, there's only 12 RBs in the league that have more 20+ runs this year. And they all have between 145 - 319 carries while Cook has 80. He's a special talent at RB we haven't had for a while.

27 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

And he's just learning what he can do against the competition in live games.  He's got plenty of gas in the tank as does Singletary.  Kinda helps if your running game is at full throttle if the conditions at playoff game in Jan at Highmark Stadium takes place as we all hope they secure 1 seeding.

This is my thinking as well. The more he plays, the more he's seeing he can play and play really well in this league. His play is really starting to take off. I'd love to see him with about 15 carries a game, he's got quicks and it really shows especially in the 2nd half of games when defenses are tiring.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Okay I'll give you a stat that hurts him for only having 80 carries, there's only 12 RBs in the league that have more 20+ runs this year. And they all have between 145 - 319 carries while Cook has 80. He's a special talent at RB we haven't had for a while.

Yeah he’s a big play threat

That doesn’t mean he’ll be more effective with more carries… He was a big play threat in Georgia with limited carries too

Because he was a change of pace back… He’s always been super effective in that role

If You get 20 touches a game you get worn down… It’s December and he hasn’t had a lot

He’s fresh and fast And is being used perfectly… Mike Gillislee led the NFL in yards per carry being our change of pace back

There’s a lot of talent in the NFL at running back… If you put them in the right situation a lot will shine… Cook is talented and is being put in the right situations

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah he’s a big play threat

That doesn’t mean he’ll be more effective with more carries… He was a big play threat in Georgia with limited carries too

Because he was a change of pace back… He’s always been super effective in that role

If You get 20 touches a game you get worn down… It’s December and he hasn’t had a lot

He’s fresh and fast And is being used perfectly… Mike Gillislee led the NFL in yards per carry being our change of pace back

Imo he's too good to be the change of pace back and is light years better than Gillislee was. 15 carries a game would suit him just fine. He's had between 11-14 carries in 3 of the last 6 games.

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Imo he's too good to be the change of pace back and is light years better than Gillislee was. 15 carries a game would suit him just fine. He's had between 11-14 carries in 3 of the last 6 games.

I’m not comparing him to Mike By any stretch 

I’m saying average nfl talents like Mike have led the NFL in yards per carry… Because they’re put in the right spot

Cook Has tons of potential… He’s A natural runner … He can stack cuts on cuts… He just has to improve his play strength and the ceiling is very high 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Which is why he and Devin are perfectly good enough to complement Allen's passing abilities.  We don't want to build a bully as we once did.  We have made it out of the drought and can enjoy running simply to eat up clock once the offense has a comfortable lead.  We've gone through much of the season now and our back are still relatively fresh compared to other backs on contenders.  And with the limited reps and looks we've employed leaves plenty of run plays that could suprise our opponents In the playoff games where a well timed surprise play can be an effective punch in the gut and hopefully have them gasping for air as they go down with their ship.   But that's just my imagination on what we could expect.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.