“Jimbo” Cook

Rigotz

38 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I'd like a feature back to be able to break a tackle. Something James has yet to show he can do. 

He doesn't have to, he eludes tackles or runs right by you. He averages more yards per rush than any RB in the Top 50 in yards. Him and Breece Hall, both rookies, average 5.8 ypc.

Cook does it a completely different way than Hall, which is fine, there's no right or wrong way to lead NFL RBs in yards per carry. You seem pretty picky for someone who has watched a bad rushing attack since Shady's was here in 2016 & 2017.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This is a bit silly, with the Bills pass centric offense nobody getting 100 yard games with any regularity over the past three seasons. 

We almost had 2 just yesterday. Maybe one of the reasons we have been a pass centric is because we haven't had a big play RB. Which is 100% true, we haven't had a big play back since Shady was here in 2017.

28 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Probably already stated but Josh made up this nickname for him in preseason. Cook wasn’t a fan but he was just a stupid rookie and had no say in it 😂 This is not a nickname he had before.

In my experience the nicknames you like the least have the highest % chance of sticking

Sincerely 

Nasty Nate 😆😆

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

We almost had 2 just yesterday. Maybe one of the reasons we have been a pass centric is because we haven't had a big play RB. Which is 100% true, we haven't had a big play back since Shady was here in 2017.

We have had the RB, Singletary, and now Cook, we just never incorporated a run game into the offense, it really is that simple. Both Dabol (when he was here) and now Dorsey can’t seem to wrap there minds around why it’s a really good thing to have a real run game as part of the offense 

26 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

We have had the RB, Singletary, and now Cook, we just never incorporated a run game into the offense, it really is that simple. Both Dabol (when he was here) and now Dorsey can’t seem to wrap there minds around why it’s a really good thing to have a real run game as part of the offense 

Daboll had his stretches where he would give Singletary around 20 carries a game and he had stretches where he didn't give him the ball enough. Take last 4 games of last year, Singletary averaged 19 carries a game during those 4 games.

Maybe part of Daboll not getting Singletary the ball alot was he knew he wasn't a true #1 RB. If we had a premiere back during those years, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't give them the ball more. He may not be calling the plays for the Giants, but he's the head coach and I'm sure has a say in play calling and game plan this year and Barkley is 3rd in the league in attempts this year. Already running more times than any year in his career.

1 minute ago, somnus00 said:

Cook has nice fresh legs for the playoffs. No worry of him hitting the rookie wall. And damn his running style is smoove...

Was also nice to see his TD run came on an RPO where Allen didn't pull the ball. Receivers running routes basically cleared out the box.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Daboll had his stretches where he would give Singletary around 20 carries a game and he had stretches where he didn't give him the ball enough. Take last 4 games of last year, Singletary averaged 19 carries a game during those 4 games.

Maybe part of Daboll not getting Singletary the ball alot was he knew he wasn't a true #1 RB. If we had a premiere back during those years, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't give them the ball more. He may not be calling the plays for the Giants, but he's the head coach and I'm sure has a say in play calling and game plan this year and Barkley is 3rd in the league in attempts this year. Already running more times than any year in his career.

Barkley is one of the few real talents on that team, so there is that

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Singletary is in some pretty good company since he has been drafted...

Screenshot_20221225-092147.jpg

What if he did 952 yards would Singletary drop from that list?

@NewEraI'm glad that post got under your skin so bad

@NewErathat's twice in a row, I am living rent free in your head. Imagine needing things on the internet to feel better about yourself hahaha.

Edited by TBBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.