“Jimbo” Cook

Rigotz

8 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

In my experience the nicknames you like the least have the highest % chance of sticking

Sincerely 

Nasty Nate 😆😆

Or the ones used by your family, or any people you hold in high regard you accept.  If anyone inadvertently uses something that really irks them just telling them to come up with another is generally enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

In my experience the nicknames you like the least have the highest % chance of sticking

Sincerely 

Nasty Nate 😆😆

From Half Baked?? You still fighting with SquirrelMaster over Kenny?? 😂😂

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s not even close

Josh Allen is a first down every time the ball is completed.. Half the incompletions are still good balls that were dropped or broken up … not ducks off target 

The yards per attempt doesn’t account for that

Josh is more than first down every completion… He’s getting the ball in his hands 35 times a game

Not a running back Who benefits from playing next to Josh Allen… Our running backs are in the perfect system for them to produce with josh 

And their production isn't wearing them out.  They almost don't even have to score as they can just be running around just a-wasting game time once the offense gets a comfortable lead.  When they do score its just icing on the cake.

Edited by AuntieEm

On 12/25/2022 at 8:59 AM, Not at the table Karlos said:

Jim Kelly has no say over it. It's already a thing. Nobody cares what the fans think 

It’s all in fun, you need to re-lax! 

Go get yourself a new years massage or something. Not a Watson massage. Just a regular old massage should do. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s true but You’re also not taking the effectiveness of cooks platooning

In football the more carries you get usually your average goes down… Like You can average 7 yard a carry on 10 carries

But it’s hard to maintain 7 y/a on 220 carries

Cook was at his best in Georgia as a change of pace back… Is built like a change of pace back… And he’s playing his best football here as a change of pace back

He’s gonna have to dramatically change his body to become a feature back in the NFL… he’s 195 pounds … 

I think the bills are using him very well right now And he’s gonna continue to shine in this role… Next year if he adds 15 pounds of muscle… Maybe he can get a bigger role

He’s not built for 20 touches game right now

I agree with most of what you’re saying.  That’s said-  the feature back in Buffalo doesn’t get 20 touches.  The RBs room might get 20 touches between everyone.  The feature back in Buffalo, under mcdermott, will likely always be a committee as well.  If Cook is the feature back next year-  I think he’ll get 60-65% of the RB touches and the rest will go to whoever is the backup.  We’ve really only seen McD use a his rb like a bell cow back for a handful games (to end the 2021 regular season and in the playoffs. And that’s only because he had finallly realized Zack moss was a bum.

I don’t know if Cook can consistently get 20 touches per game and stay healthy, but I don’t think he’s going to be in position for that.

the more I think about it the more I think Motor will be back.  I just don’t see anyone offering him 5M+ aav.  He’s loved in the locker room and he loves it here.  He and Cook look to be a nice tandem and if we can keep them together by paying motor 3-4M aav, I could see it.  

• Agree 1

On 12/25/2022 at 4:12 PM, Don Otreply said:

That is not the point I was addressing, like all things in life, life is not just black and white, there are multiple shades of grey, one can be happy as hell we are a great team and still state obvious instances of a given OCs lesser talents with out throwing the entire team under the bus, like what I was doing, have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year, and lighten up a tad, 😁👍

GO BILLS!!!

"Obvious instances of ....lesser talents" 

Hahaha....Anonymous poster able to dissect two OC's who are literally the best in the business.... 

10 minutes ago, TH3 said:

"Obvious instances of ....lesser talents" 

Hahaha....Anonymous poster able to dissect two OC's who are literally the best in the business.... 

Are you unable to see where people are better at one thing than another, or are you of the sort that football coaches are sacrosanct? 

GO BILLS!!!

6 hours ago, Plano said:

can we just call him james, let's not give everyone a nickname 

The team mates gave it to him. Best we just go along :)

19 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

If we want to tie into the old days, how about James "Cookie" Cook.

"Lookie, Lookie,

Here comes Cookie..."

Absolutely not.

I know you meant well and complimentary :)

But there was only one Cookie and will never be another like him.
 Let James be his own man .
Maybe someday he will tell the team ? If we lose this game ? I will beat all your butts ( paraphrasing )

and Cookie could probably do it back in the day
#respecttheCookie

On 12/24/2022 at 10:11 PM, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I think James would be just fine as the feature back, may even see it next year if Singletary doesn't return. He's got really good speed and quickness.

Singletary is a nice steady back and I mean that as a compliment. But he's been the starter for most of his time here and today was his 3rd 100 yard day in 60 games. That's not NFL starter material, his true position is a #2 RB. We've just never had anyone better or even as good. I think Cook is that guy and the more he's seen the field the more he's shown it. He's averaging nearly 6.0 yards an attempt this year.

They don’t give him many carries.  Motor and Cook had 11-12 carries and got yards.  6-7 carries won’t get a RB anywhere.  When Singletary gets carries he usually produces.   It’s an OC issue not a Motor issue.  His rookie year he was averaging 6 yards a carry but rarely could get more than 10-12 carries.   I like 17 too but we don’t need to throw as much as we do.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Plano said:

can we just call him james, let's not give everyone a nickname 

We didn't give him the nickname. Josh and the team did.  Whether it's at James Cooks request if that's what he's always been known by so be it.  Neither you nor I have any say in the matter.  You don't want to use his given nickname  fine not like most of us are going to be talking to any of the players in person any time soon.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/24/2022 at 11:11 PM, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I think James would be just fine as the feature back

Right. "Feature back" doesn't mean what it used to mean: 20 carries per game, etc.

There's 2 RBs this year averaging (just barely) 20 carries per game: Henry and Jacobs.

Alvin Kamara, Austin Ekeler (yes, some injury time out) typically get about 12 carries a game, plus a few receptions. There's no reason Cook couldn't handle that kind of workload. I know they'd like to see him get better at pass blocking, but realistically there aren't many times in a game where Cook is in the backfield and staying in the backfield on a pass play. I think this is where Dorsey is headed, not next year, but this year, basically splitting carries with Singletary.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.