Where to start ?

Italian Bills

10 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I think WR is a sneaky need for Buffalo. And this is coming from a guy who thinks that Gabe Davis is a pretty good NFL WR, but what would happen if we found Diggs alter ego?

I don't think it is "sneaky" at all.  I think it is glaring, and I don't think Gabe has had a good year and the fumble yesterday was bad. 

• Agree 1

Obviously there was some ugly stuff, but the game went exactly how I thought it would. I figured the bears would keep it close first half and then the bills would start to pull away. All I can think is the bills were playing a little loose knowing they were playing a weaker opponent. I bet they're a bit more buttoned up next week against Cinci 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Beast said:

I hear from some how bad the Bills looked. They out-gained their opponent, on the road, by over 200 yards and doubled the Bears yardage output and won by 22.

That was a good win.

I don’t think the Bills looked bad - Josh looked bad. And because, more often that not, he is the offense, it really stood out.

• Like (+1) 1

By the numbers and final score Bills dominated the game. For various reasons they kept it “entertaining” until the mid fourth quarter.

Hopefully they came out healthy. On to Cinncy!

For perspective we are BACK TO BACK TO BACK AFCE Champions. Only happened once before in franchise history. Yes we all want them to play to their potential more consistently but these are really good times my fellow BillsMafia!

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BBills_88 said:

I feel Dabol had a leash on Allen that required him to play within the offense, by taking what the defense is giving and be methodical.

Dorsey is go do your thing & go sling it.

This^

I know Josh has been in the league for 5 years now but Daboll was definitely his constant and kept him in check - Josh needs that- I always think about that the side had almost no professional coaching until he got here. My hope is he has someone step up and be that person and fast- he needs someone to start yelling at him to put him check

Happy Holidays!!

15 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

This^

I know Josh has been in the league for 5 years now but Daboll was definitely his constant and kept him in check - Josh needs that- I always think about that the side had almost no professional coaching until he got here. My hope is he has someone step up and be that person and fast- he needs someone to start yelling at him to put him check

Happy Holidays!!

Josh threw 12 INTs in his final 10 games last year. He didn’t play particularly well over the 2nd half last season. Had some good mixed with some bad. His best game late last year was vs NE to take control of the division.

It’s basically the same exact season. He’s a little better this year under Dorsey I would say. But again, some good and some bad. His best game against Miami to take control of the division.

This is who Josh Allen is. He’s going to have 40+ TDs and around 15-20 turnovers.  I think as he gets older we’ll see more efficient Allen but that’s a long way away. 

One thing we’ve seen with Allen the last 2-3 years is when the moment gets biggest he plays less wild and becomes more efficient. He does take what they give him a little bit more.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, LVGrown said:

I've learned that is the expectation of the fans. 

Offense must score on every drive and the defense must force punts/turnovers on every drive. The expectation is to literally do what no team in the league has ever done before, and anything less is a failure. 

You definitely see who watches only the Bills play vs. who watches the entire league play. 

Really ? Kind of a very biased , closed minded approach.  I guess your point is if someone doesn't see a game as you do , come to the same conclusions as you do , then in your rather elite  world , no one else can possibly be as gifted as you and absorb an “,entire “  leagues play because only you could possibly be that gifted? Is that your point ; did I get that right ?  😀
Of course only  you can possibly have realistic expectations and pro players who offer criticisms can’t  possibly interpret an entire  league or analyze the Bills play as well as you , even tho they were paid professionals who did that as a career, right ?  Do you watch any other content creators,  for example  Finas show, or ostroskis show, or network shows with coaches like Bill cower or with players  from other teams and eras?  You are saying ONLY YOU  are capable of such complex thoughts and only your views are correct and appropriate, is that right ?    I would hate to misinterpret that complex three or four sentence dissertation you just provided !  ( Btw, did you work on that as your thesis for your masters or phd graduate program?    I think you are really on to something here, like page one or or two of your first children’s Novel, such as  Dick and Spot went up the Hill to Football practice; or maybe Spot was just exploring the fine art of Fetching!).  You wouldn’t want to forget that or have it slip away one morning before coffee!  

Interesting how all these other content providers and network programs pay “ professionals “for their “ opinions “ and see flaws like normal people , such as coaches would  while analyzing a performance.and coach their teams and players  to become better,  much like McDermott does after every game.  But hey,  I guess he is just after the impossible and unattainable because he on only watches the Bills and can't possibky absorb the play of a whole league in the same perfectionistic manner as you can , even tho he gets paid millions for his evaluations and you get paid ????  ,,, or is it you pay to watch games?  Maybe I misunderstood that  Mensa intellect you are working with and unparalleled ability to grasp the intricate scientific concepts of ,,,,,,football ?😀

Is that right,,,,that highly intellectual game where it’s possible to skip college entirely to participate in a pro league or play a season or two in college while working on those difficult communications courses and degrees, in preparation for highly advanced careers like coaching  in high school or maybe someday being a rare color analyst ( you know , those guys that seem to turn over about every year or two as the field advances so rapidly that you never see guys hanging around from decades like the 70’s ,,,,well except for men with vast.intellects like a Bradshaw , Collinsworth, Sims, and Boomer ?  Yep , guys like you who can grasp a “Entire ”  league who  are so few and far between!) 

Wow, we sure are lucky to have you to watch an ENTIRE LEAGUE and interpret it correctly for everyone.!  It’s a good thing you’re outside of “ the fans “ as you put it ,yet  you have learned to speak their language and interpret their “ experience” !  What a blessing it must be to have such clarity of thought and expertise!  Hey , maybe you are so superior at this that you could offer a paywall type of service as your opinion is such a valuable resource!   Certainly many would fork over large sums to access your unique understanding  of this intellectually challenging game , that is if you have enough spare time from all your other entrepreneurial endeavors!  
Keep watching that “ entire  league “ for us  and let’s see this great product and how it sells!  I am honestly excited ,,,about as much as I would be for a lemonade stand run by a first or second grader in my neighborhood!  I feel so unburdened now knowing someone is capable of watching the entire league and breaking it down for us lowly “ Bills only” fans, ( hey maybe that’s what that “ only fans “ site refers to , you know the one where these thirsty idiot teenagers pay with their parents credit cards to see things they never can approach in real life, just like Pro Football !) to grasp the ONE AND ONLY , SOLE CORRECT OPINION AND INTERPRETATION THAT ONLY YOU CAN BREAK  DOWN WITH YOUR NFL “FAN LANGUAGE” INTERPRETIVE SKILLS !

Here’s a thought , why don’t  you run that first edition past Fina and ostroski and cower because I am sure they want to get it right too!  Its sad , they have misunderstood constructive criticism of teams and players for so many years , it’s almost like they made a career out of doing such a thing!   Just in time to help them get started off on the right path in this approaching new year and right before they really need help interpreting the playoffs and whoa,,,the SUPER BOWL! Wow, I am really happy for them and I’m sure CBS AND NBC will get you immediate and unrestricted access to help them so they possibly can retain advertising dollars !  

Haha, just kidding. !  I know you were being completely sarcastic as no one could really be that completely lacking in self awareness !  Good one !  Really had me fooled there for a millisecond !  Pretty creative comedy you created there!    You take it easy and don’t get all stressed out now!  Happy  holiday season!  😂😂  Man, you really almost made me fire a neuron or two!  Go Bills , and the entire league too !  🎄😂👍

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Josh threw 12 INTs in his final 10 games last year. He didn’t play particularly well over the 2nd half last season. Had some good mixed with some bad. His best game late last year was vs NE to take control of the division.

It’s basically the same exact season. He’s a little better this year under Dorsey I would say. But again, some good and some bad. His best game against Miami to take control of the division.

This is who Josh Allen is. He’s going to have 40+ TDs and around 15-20 turnovers.  I think as he gets older we’ll see more efficient Allen but that’s a long way away. 

One thing we’ve seen with Allen the last 2-3 years is when the moment gets biggest he plays less wild and becomes more efficient. He does take what they give him a little bit more.

Honestly you just made some great points- I guess that I may be having a short memory here and just wanting big game Josh and frankly it's unreasonable.  I do think Daboll got him to settle early in the game with a designed run but that was not the main point- 

Happy Holidays and Go Bills!!!!

5 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

I would add to the bad, the poor kick off coverage and the indecision by Hines in fielding punts close to our goal line.

Just let Bass kick it through the end zone. They’ve set up returns all year and haven’t benefited from it at all.

I have this weird feeling come playoff time they’re going to give up a huge return that beats us.

• Agree 1

If this team plays clean, they are nearly unbeatable

My frustration comes from self inflicted wounds, and there were a TON in this game not even counting Josh’s TOs.

The constant penalties were drive killers. Special teams was a near disaster. Hines forgot how to catch a punt for the second week in a row (conditions probably impacted that). Josh not taking the check downs a second earlier when they were playing 8 in coverage.

I was a big Dorsey critic until the NE game. I think he’s adjusted and there are short or check down options available on almost every play. He’s been running the ball more consistently as well. Josh now needs to adjust quicker especially when he sees them dropping 8 in coverage post-snap. If he does that immediately they will stop dropping 8 and open up the deep shots.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No one will remember this game. It’ll be forgotten by Wednesday.

Idk I think the results to this one are pretty important imo…played the number 1 rushing offense in a bad weather game and ran them out of the building.  josh will be fine but the rush defense/tackling has been a little shaky so that was good to see 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

Really ? Kind of a very biased , closed minded approach.  I guess your point is if someone doesn't see a game as you do , come to the same conclusions as you do , then in your rather elite  world , no one else can possibly be as gifted as you and absorb an “,entire “  leagues play because only you could possibly be that gifted? Is that your point ; did I get that right ?  😀
Of course only  you can possibly have realistic expectations and pro players who offer criticisms can’t  possibly interpret an entire  league or analyze the Bills play as well as you , even tho they were paid professionals who did that as a career, right ?  Do you watch any other content creators,  for example  Finas show, or ostroskis show, or network shows with coaches like Bill cower or with players  from other teams and eras?  You are saying ONLY YOU  are capable of such complex thoughts and only your views are correct and appropriate, is that right ?    I would hate to misinterpret that complex three or four sentence dissertation you just provided !  ( Btw, did you work on that as your thesis for your masters or phd graduate program?    I think you are really on to something here, like page one or or two of your first children’s Novel, such as  Dick and Spot went up the Hill to Football practice; or maybe Spot was just exploring the fine art of Fetching!).  You wouldn’t want to forget that or have it slip away one morning before coffee!  

Interesting how all these other content providers and network programs pay “ professionals “for their “ opinions “ and see flaws like normal people , such as coaches would  while analyzing a performance.and coach their teams and players  to become better,  much like McDermott does after every game.  But hey,  I guess he is just after the impossible and unattainable because he on only watches the Bills and can't possibky absorb the play of a whole league in the same perfectionistic manner as you can , even tho he gets paid millions for his evaluations and you get paid ????  ,,, or is it you pay to watch games?  Maybe I misunderstood that  Mensa intellect you are working with and unparalleled ability to grasp the intricate scientific concepts of ,,,,,,football ?😀

Is that right,,,,that highly intellectual game where it’s possible to skip college entirely to participate in a pro league or play a season or two in college while working on those difficult communications courses and degrees, in preparation for highly advanced careers like coaching  in high school or maybe someday being a rare color analyst ( you know , those guys that seem to turn over about every year or two as the field advances so rapidly that you never see guys hanging around from decades like the 70’s ,,,,well except for men with vast.intellects like a Bradshaw , Collinsworth, Sims, and Boomer ?  Yep , guys like you who can grasp a “Entire ”  league who  are so few and far between!) 

Wow, we sure are lucky to have you to watch an ENTIRE LEAGUE and interpret it correctly for everyone.!  It’s a good thing you’re outside of “ the fans “ as you put it ,yet  you have learned to speak their language and interpret their “ experience” !  What a blessing it must be to have such clarity of thought and expertise!  Hey , maybe you are so superior at this that you could offer a paywall type of service as your opinion is such a valuable resource!   Certainly many would fork over large sums to access your unique understanding  of this intellectually challenging game , that is if you have enough spare time from all your other entrepreneurial endeavors!  
Keep watching that “ entire  league “ for us  and let’s see this great product and how it sells!  I am honestly excited ,,,about as much as I would be for a lemonade stand run by a first or second grader in my neighborhood!  I feel so unburdened now knowing someone is capable of watching the entire league and breaking it down for us lowly “ Bills only” fans, ( hey maybe that’s what that “ only fans “ site refers to , you know the one where these thirsty idiot teenagers pay with their parents credit cards to see things they never can approach in real life, just like Pro Football !) to grasp the ONE AND ONLY , SOLE CORRECT OPINION AND INTERPRETATION THAT ONLY YOU CAN BREAK  DOWN WITH YOUR NFL “FAN LANGUAGE” INTERPRETIVE SKILLS !

Here’s a thought , why don’t  you run that first edition past Fina and ostroski and cower because I am sure they want to get it right too!  Its sad , they have misunderstood constructive criticism of teams and players for so many years , it’s almost like they made a career out of doing such a thing!   Just in time to help them get started off on the right path in this approaching new year and right before they really need help interpreting the playoffs and whoa,,,the SUPER BOWL! Wow, I am really happy for them and I’m sure CBS AND NBC will get you immediate and unrestricted access to help them so they possibly can retain advertising dollars !  

Haha, just kidding. !  I know you were being completely sarcastic as no one could really be that completely lacking in self awareness !  Good one !  Really had me fooled there for a millisecond !  Pretty creative comedy you created there!    You take it easy and don’t get all stressed out now!  Happy  holiday season!  😂😂  Man, you really almost made me fire a neuron or two!  Go Bills , and the entire league too !  🎄😂👍

😂🤣😂🤣 Wow ... you wrote all that BS on Christmas morning but ended it with telling me not to be so stressed. Okay bud.

Way to take those 3 or 4 lines and manipulate the hell out of them to come up with your ridiculous interpretation. 🙄🙃

17 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

So we had a game full of gifts, after all is Christmas time. 

The bad:

- penalties 

- interceptions 

- fumble 

- an Allen off day

- Bass’s misses
- no Diggs targets

- no Cole targets (why Dorsey doesn’t use him more)

The good:

- run game

- defense (but the very first Chicago drive)

After all maybe the weather has been a factor with Josh… or maybe not. Or maybe we just approached this game too softly. 

Anyway we are too much for this Bears team and we won like we were supposed to do, clinching the Division and getting ready for the last two. 

Merry Christmas Bills brothers. 

Special Teams was awful all game: Missed FG, XP, block in back, 2 long kick off runs, no fair catch at 25 ball bounces to the 3, 2 muffed punts….awful!!  

Josh’s decision making was highly questionable.  If we weren’t playing a 3rd string secondary they have 4-5 picks.  

Defense outside of the opening drive and was lights out.  The best performance of the year IMO.

Cook and Motor and both looking great at the right time.  I hope we start to focus more on the running game.

For a rag tag oline they exceeded my expectations for the game.  Running lanes were highways and the protection was ok.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.